Fine-tuning SK/Japan

zeeyoo
Corporal

Re: Fine-tuning SK/Japan

Postby zeeyoo » Thu 27 Oct 2016 01:21

keldon wrote:Ok people, this tank debate is fascinating, however there are few points you should consider.

1) Due to the the still unknow extent of the "back into meta" patch, i will refrain from going overboard with rerolls and such.
2) Primary concern is to provide buff suggstion to close some if not all of the coalitions capability gaps.
3) "Big" rerolls will be considered and put onto the list if it has to do with the capability gap.

Now before you scream bias or i don't have a clue how to play BD, i'm keeping the more interesting and authenticity based stuff in mind, if eugen spills the beans about the exact plan then we can add those to the list. Also, most of the capability gap stuff comes from my own BD games, which i tend to play when go for BluFor, add in Razz's thread and i think we should have gotten most of them right. I left out many suggestions for RD, not because i didn't want them, but for gameplay purposes the list on the first page is good enough, so i won't start with BD and go overboard.

Now onto tank topic: BD tank tab is far from garbage, while the K1A1 is kinda in an awkward place, the true high-end and mid-end are very strong with their distinct characteristics.

Technically the tank tab just need some small tweaks and no real reason to slash Kyu-Maru availability/take it's German ammo away nor to buff K1A1 to 160 pts status. Yes, it would be authentic to switch K1A1 and Kyu-maru around, however it doesn't improve the tank tab situation in general. I'm also under the impression that K1A1 prototyp from 1996 was just slightly uparmored from the original K1, so the +1 FAV increase would just be that. Is there any sources which say that in 1996 the armor of K1A1 is already upgraded to 600mm RHA?

yup, i was wrong about KSAP's service time. KASP developed in 1997. theres too many classfied infos that makes to check with only ROKA staffs :/

but 1997 is still in timeline, thanks for T-90S.

and idk how KMS got DM53, which one is only used by Leo2A5 -WG's superheavy only- with no availability about more powerful shell. in now, KMS still using JM33 even though new APFSDS(own developed DM-53 Class) is in service. really KMS can use DM53? IDK anyway.

or give K1A1 M829(A1?A2?)from USA and set AP to 24. as the DM53, SK can get M829 series from USFK. this one may be more possible.

http://imgur.com/yKawxTo

KSAP's RHA is here :/ too wide for upload with IMG tag.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 27 Oct 2016 06:00

mshig11 wrote:The issue with this is Eugen has been very inconsistent with things that were shown or entered service in the 1995-1996 area.

They tend to pick units that fill out what they see as holes in the deck.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

zeeyoo
Corporal

Postby zeeyoo » Fri 28 Oct 2016 16:37

I suggest another buff about K1A1's ACC and Stablilizer to 70%/65% same as M1A2.

This paper writes about K1A1's FCS upgrade claiming that K1A1's gun drive is same as M1A2's one. This paper was written by Korea Defence Industry Assoaciation(KDIA) in 1996.

Also Korea Defence Daily(which is officially published by Korea's ministry of national defence) wrote about korea's own FCS development(start at 1992, finished at 1996), based on TI's GPTTS, and about Raman-shifted laser rangefinder Gunner's primary sight. and this FCS upgrade for K1A1 includes 32-bit ballistic computer and gun array drive.

Second article is including about 2-axis gyro stabilizer with 0.1mil stabilizing accuracy(2 times better than imported one).

source(written in korean. sry for that :( )
Paper about FCS upgrade : http://www.reportworld.co.kr/paper/51510457 (1996)
article about FCS development : http://kookbang.dema.mil.kr/kookbangWeb/view.do?ntt_writ_date=20151104&parent_no=1&bbs_id=BBSMSTR_000000001085 (2015)
http://kookbang.dema.mil.kr/kookbangWeb/view.do?ntt_writ_date=20151111&parent_no=1&bbs_id=BBSMSTR_000000001085 (2015)

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Fri 28 Oct 2016 17:32

Fifth post updated with:

- K1A1 gets 1 more AP to 23 AP, 70% acc, 65% stab, no price increase

I find heavy armor buff is a bit hard to argue for the 1996 prototype, especially when eugen decided to award Ky-Maru the super heavy slot, which i do think is a better choice in gameplay terms.

K1A1 is full on firepower mode with this suggestion, which will sport super heavy level of kill potential at 140 pts, not too shaby i would say.

btw. For everyone who takes the NK T-90 as an example for OOTF units that could possible get in the game: Stop right there. This is literally the worst and weiredest thing in wargame right now and shouldn't be considered even in a semi serious way as an argument.
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

zeeyoo
Corporal

Postby zeeyoo » Fri 28 Oct 2016 18:36

price overvalued: K242, 45pts. It needs 5pts for 40pts discount lke other 4.2" tracked mortars.

and how about A-37B Dragonfly's reroll? like Polish Lim-6bis /w 2.75" or 5" Rocket, or just get only HE / Cluster bomb(not mixed). another suggestion : 4x AIM-9B and 2x AIM-9J(just a joke)
Last edited by zeeyoo on Fri 28 Oct 2016 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 28 Oct 2016 18:37

keldon wrote:This is literally the worst and weiredest thing in wargame right now

Chimera? :D

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Fri 28 Oct 2016 19:03

Razzmann wrote:
keldon wrote:This is literally the worst and weiredest thing in wargame right now

Well, T-90 is in category OOTF/fantasy. Chimera is in category "smoked the wrong weed".
亲们!大国梦哦!

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Fri 28 Oct 2016 20:58

zeeyoo wrote:price overvalued: K242, 45pts. It needs 5pts for 40pts discount lke other 4.2" tracked mortars.

and how about A-37B Dragonfly's reroll? like Polish Lim-6bis /w 2.75" or 5" Rocket, or just get only HE / Cluster bomb(not mixed). another suggestion : 4x AIM-9B and 2x AIM-9J(just a joke)

To be honest the SK mortars are redundant, but i'll add it under inconsistencies.

Also take a look at fifth post on the first page, changes for low-end SK planes are already listed there.
亲们!大国梦哦!

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Fri 28 Oct 2016 21:23

keldon wrote:
Razzmann wrote:

Well, T-90 is in category OOTF/fantasy. Chimera is in category "smoked the wrong weed".

Damm i just remebered the Chimera existed and was sort of the NK T90 of ALB...

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Sat 29 Oct 2016 07:16

Doinize wrote:Damm i just remebered the Chimera existed and was sort of the NK T90 of ALB...

People didn't like it because it was paper, but not because it was capable of say, hold off T-80U like how T-90S can at least hold off M1A2. God no.

Most of the time Chimeras were just buried under Konkurs-M spam.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”