AGS/Mark 19 Automatic Grenade Launchers Nerfs

throwaway
Lieutenant

Re: AGS/Mark 19 Automatic Grenade Launchers Nerfs

Postby throwaway » Sat 22 Oct 2016 16:12

Formoza and seals use their own unique agls which may dodge the nerf, and they used to tie or win vs spetsnaz in cities back when wonsan was in rotation. But I've always thought they should go back to 25pt, their low availability only makes sense if they're slightly more cost-efficient..

ToTheMetal wrote:The only kind of a nerf it could do with is shorter bursts with relatively long reloads.

They could increase the dispersion to minimize the amount of misses that still land in the vicinity and suppress, or they could decrease the suppression per grenade.

damoj
Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Sat 22 Oct 2016 16:13

throwaway wrote:
I'm fairly sure stun isn't a chance thing, you just get stunned if you reach some suppression amount (300?) in a short amount of time. And I've never seen a vehicle get a crit from firing, those happen when you get fired on. The nerf could be in fire rate or dispersion or crit chance etc.

fair enough, I'm not too sure about how suppression works 'under the hood', and I imagine feeding/fire crits would be frustrating and probably a bad idea upon reflection.

Nonetheless they're absurdly powerful, and with the Merkava transport available in HATO Mixed, massively tip the utility of the infantry version in the favour of BLUFOR, which is, as an unbiased Yugoslav diaspora-kun, clearly, un, acceptable,,,

(I really can't wait for some OP Yugostuff)

Greyhound
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Greyhound » Sat 22 Oct 2016 16:27

Grenade launchers labelled cancerous. Nerf incoming
tgwEcho wrote:anything Razzmann labels "cancerous" will likely be beaten with the nerf bat

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Sat 22 Oct 2016 16:31

The big problem is how the AGLs are modeled.

They are modeled per round, while autocannons of the same caliber are modeled per burst.

So a 10 round burst from an AGL is 10 HE, while the same 10 round burst out of a Bofors is only 2 HE.

Add in the fact they have 90 supression, and that's 900 suppression in a 4-5 second timeframe, enough to stun everything.

They could have their ROF to model that one 40mm grenade does not have enough explosives to qualify for 1 HE, and get their suppression cut down for the absurd 80 number to around 60 ish.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sat 22 Oct 2016 17:06

40mm grenade in the game =80mm mortar at least IRL.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

rhylsadar
First Sergeant

Postby rhylsadar » Sat 22 Oct 2016 18:27

Way to nerf AGS

1. By the range : every cannons are cut in half. IRL AGS mk 19 (japanese one) practical range is 1400 those should have 700 m range at a good rpg range those render AGL IFV really nerfed...

2. Reduce rate of fire IRL mk 19 as a RAPID fire of 60 rpm and AGL-17 russian ones have a 400 rpm MAX like Famas has a 1k rpm max, it is never use this way. I think this should get a try. Put all AGS at 60 rpm cut dps by half this should be acceptable.

3. Reduce the splash damage thiso ne is a must needed nerf.

4 . I thinks they are use by belt or cardbridge could it be possible too increase reload speed or aiming time between burst like AVRE/CEV nerf ? i think this could be a fair representation of their use = fast and heavy supression zones.

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Sat 22 Oct 2016 18:34

The problem is that they can stunlock and crit easily. Therefore reduce the area each projectile can suppress and the way they crit.

Damage, RoF and Range should not be changed.

Additionally the platform matters too. Merkeva and BTR-T that can continue firing after being damaged and Panicked can still use their AGL effectively. Poor UAZ AGL is usually not useful unless you micro kite against infantry.

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Sat 22 Oct 2016 18:39

I almost think decreasing their burst rate significantly would help, so they can't stun lock units, and only act as extra firepower instead of being all of it.
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

rhylsadar
First Sergeant

Postby rhylsadar » Sat 22 Oct 2016 18:59

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compariso ... _launchers

The thing is they all have around 30 ammo burt a reload time duration of X1.5 time can be legit

it is true that they stun and critics faster than an autocanons does, i just made few test

the spalsh damage is insane vs autocanons of same caliber althought i feel the huge spread and accuracy is something too while autocanon with great accarucy focus on one point, the AGS spread a large zone, this give a better AOE control zone and combine with the splash damage...

final verdict nerf : reducing the splash damage AND their critical against armored target ( > 1 amor value)

serg123
Sergeant Major

Postby serg123 » Sat 22 Oct 2016 20:05

Greyhound wrote:Grenade launchers labelled cancerous. Nerf incoming
tgwEcho wrote:anything Razzmann labels "cancerous" will likely be beaten with the nerf bat

So, angry players might kick Razmann for nerfing seals, formoza, bmpt etc right now?