Should more than just 2 new nations be added to REDFOR?

HrcAk47
Colonel

Re: Should more than just 2 new nations be added to REDFOR?

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 24 Oct 2016 13:29

ToTheMetal wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:Since people are bawling over Vietnam, please tell me which tanks did they have ITF.

Spoiler : Here's a hint :
T-34/85
SU-76
SU-100
T-54
T-54A
Type 59
Type 63
PT-76
PT-76B with DShK
After reunification:
M48A1 Patton
M48A3 Patton
M41 Walker Bulldog
M67 Zippo

You will notice that all of the mentioned fails to costs more than 25 money ingame.

Pretty much the same story with the ANZAC, albeit they're in the game.

What kind of an argument is that? When was the last time you played North Korean Cat C National?
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Mon 24 Oct 2016 13:36

HrcAk47 wrote:
molnibalage wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:Subpar as compared to Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria? Give me a break. By what criteria?

Just check air power...

FIN used the stone age MiG-21F-13 which was phased out in Hungary in mid '70s (in 1973 HUN gave many MiG-21F-13 to Syria because phase out have been started) while FIN used until mid '80s.

HUN with one onf the weakest air force in NSWP had BVR capability with MiG-23MF. Another fighter what had FIN is Draken... MiG-21bis in FIN was used in late '90s until the arrival of Hornets... In WG FIN will be redfor (quite funny...) so you cannot expect Hornet.

And check the qty...

This in only air force check what air defense and armored units had..

Yugoslavia tested and evaluated MiG-23 many times. We even were overhauling them for foreign customers. We had it constantly on offer for purchase. But, MiG-21bis was chosen instead.

MiG-23 was deemed to be inferior to MiG-21 for our specific purpose, which is a defensive war.

But seriously, hearing how Yugoslavia was weaker than the happiest barrack in the Pact just made me chuckle heartily.

And even then, Fin and Yugo Mig-21 were quite extensively upgraded with ECM equipmenet and new missiles.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 24 Oct 2016 13:40

No no, that didn't happen because if Molni doesn't know about it, it didn't happen.

Sleksa
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sleksa » Mon 24 Oct 2016 13:42

molnibalage wrote: In WG FIN will be redfor (quite funny...) so you cannot expect Hornet.

Funnily enough, if Eugen went for the no hornet - style policy, it would actually be a great thing for Finland since It'd mean that all the late 80's and early 90's modernization programs would've kept their funding, instead of the money being spent on 67 hornets (instead of 20 western planes and 20 eastern).

Essentially this would mean the following:
an earlier acquisition of ASRAD in around '89 (replacement of 57mm aa guns)
modernization of the at systems (milan 2-level penetration ammo for RR, spike/konk-M)
modernization of the S-125 system (ultimately replaced by buk)
modernization ZSU-57-2's (cancelled as a retarded idea in 90's)
modernization of BMP's (done in '94 instead)
etc

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 24 Oct 2016 13:43

HrcAk47 wrote:But seriously, hearing how Yugoslavia was weaker than the happiest barrack in the Pact just made me chuckle heartily.

Yes, in general YUG was weaker. As I have said the air defense of YUG was nowhere comparing to HUN, while HUN was weaker comparing to POL or EG.

The only real advantage of YUG was MiG-29 9.12. This is why HUN selected MiG-29 9.12 in exchange for Russiand state debt repay. We asked S-300PMU-1 but Russia denied the request.

YUG did not had better, AD, tanks, arty then HUN and except a very few MiG-29 air power of both cuntry were similar. Except Su-22M3 was better than Orao and Hungary had a dozen MiG-23MF.

I guess you are living one of ex. YUG country...

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 24 Oct 2016 13:46

Bougnas wrote:And even then, Fin and Yugo Mig-21 were quite extensively upgraded with ECM equipmenet and new missiles.

What the hell are you talking about...? None of MiG-21 got ECM and only some MiG-21 got dispensers for testint. Never went on wide scale. What new missiles? Except MiG-21 LanceR and Bison best AAM for MiG-21 remained the early '80s all aspect R-60M.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 24 Oct 2016 13:52

molnibalage wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:But seriously, hearing how Yugoslavia was weaker than the happiest barrack in the Pact just made me chuckle heartily.

HUNGARY STRONK!

While I consider you delusional, I nonetheless consider this conversation amusing.

How is Yugoslavia weaker in tanks and artillery than... Hungary, of all the nations? :lol:

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 24 Oct 2016 13:58

molnibalage wrote:
Bougnas wrote:And even then, Fin and Yugo Mig-21 were quite extensively upgraded with ECM equipmenet and new missiles.

What the hell are you talking about...? None of MiG-21 got ECM and only some MiG-21 got dispensers for testint. Never went on wide scale. What new missiles? Except MiG-21 LanceR and Bison best AAM for MiG-21 remained the early '80s all aspect R-60M.

Oh and now you know better?

At least 160 PS-80M sets were installed on MiG-21 M, MF, Bis and Bis-Ks throughout the early 80s, that is to say, each plane had their own, acording to VZ Moma monography. Even some PFMs got them.

Elletronica ELT-459 jammer pods were also common, and the domestic VRTIO pod was also adopted.

Sleksa
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sleksa » Mon 24 Oct 2016 13:58

molnibalage wrote:

Carried on the MiG-21's centerline:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/SL-ALQ_234_Keski-Suomen_ilmailumuseo_1.JPG

Also used on the learjets later on. Dispenser railings can be seen on pretty much all the bis images of FAF.

Newest missile on the bis would likely be the Aim-9P-3, R-3R, or the R-13M. R-60M was never bought iirc, only R-60K
Last edited by Sleksa on Mon 24 Oct 2016 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 24 Oct 2016 13:59

HrcAk47 wrote:
molnibalage wrote:

HUNGARY STRONK!

While I consider you delusional, I nonetheless consider this conversation amusing.

How is Yugoslavia weaker in tanks and artillery than... Hungary, of all the nations? :lol:

Pls. post the OOB of YUG from mid late '80s then we can start arguing... As long as you do not do this your are simply trolling.
One thing is sure, except MiG-29 YUG air force was not stronger or larger, and air defense of YUG was totally inferior comparing to HUN which was even below POL/EG and very far from USSR level.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”