Should more than just 2 new nations be added to REDFOR?

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Re: Should more than just 2 new nations be added to REDFOR?

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Mon 14 Nov 2016 17:00

I guess making the Super Bazooka a stat clone of the Blindicide is too unrealistic?

A question to antizomibes_boy: Do you know if the Super Bazooka could fire the ammo of the Instalaza M65?

antizombies_boy
Sergeant Major

Postby antizombies_boy » Mon 14 Nov 2016 17:17

Sgt._Pepper wrote:I guess making the Super Bazooka a stat clone of the Blindicide is too unrealistic?

A question to antizomibes_boy: Do you know if the Super Bazooka could fire the ammo of the Instalaza M65?

I know that Instalaza M65 can shot Superbazooka 90mm ammo (88'9mm), so I think that Superbazooka could shot any M65 ammo. About that, I've to say that Spain manufactured its own warhaed for the M-65. Some information:

Characteristics of the launcher INSTALAZA M-65.

Type: AT and AP
Caliber: 88.9mm
Length: Folded 0.84Mts, mounted 1.64Mts
Maximum range: 1,400Mts
Effective range: 300Mts
Weight: 6Kg
Load: Back load
Operators: Two
Material Type: Aluminum alloy.
Types of ammunition: Launches self-propelled grenades of three types: Hollow Charge (CH-M65), Bivalent (MB-66) and Incendiary (FI-N-66).

A thought about create a "incendiary militia", or "incendiary regulars", using M-65 FI-N66 ammo. But that weapons are only represented in the game from Elites and Engineers, so I refuse the idea :(
Last edited by antizombies_boy on Mon 14 Nov 2016 17:29, edited 2 times in total.

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Mon 14 Nov 2016 17:22

Maybe Italian Super Bazookas could be given the stats of the M65 then? I think it wouldn't be too strange, especially if they are in a coalition together.

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Mon 14 Nov 2016 17:33

Sgt._Pepper wrote:I guess making the Super Bazooka a stat clone of the Blindicide is too unrealistic?

The in-game Blindicide is the BL-100, which has 350 mm penetration and 400 m to 500 m effective range depending on source. The Super Bazooka has 280 mm penetration and the effective range is given as 137 and 275 meters, depending on the source.

antizombies_boy
Sergeant Major

Postby antizombies_boy » Mon 14 Nov 2016 17:36

Sgt._Pepper wrote:Maybe Italian Super Bazookas could be given the stats of the M65 then? I think it wouldn't be too strange, especially if they are in a coalition together.

It shouldn't be a problem, nobody is going to cry about a shit buff from a shit spg/rpg. Maybe you could search info about the ammo that italian soldiers used, maybe we could "change" the role of one of it operators using, for example, incandiary ammo like Spain did. I know that currently this weapons are only represented in engineers and elite tab (spetznas and li jians) at Wargame, but could be an idea.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 14 Nov 2016 18:43

Killertomato wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:the Kaiser gave the Austrio-Hungarians a "blank check" of support for the Empire's actions against Serbia and then went on holiday on a boat where nobody could reach him.

So 15 million people died because the Kaiser didn't have a radio on his boat. :?

And didn't bother to check what the heck the Austrio-Hungarians planned to do (and when), had fired Bismark and let the close relationship Bismark had worked so hard on with Russia relapse. Didn't take greater steps to ensure the retaliatory actions taken by Austria-Hungary weren't too severe and that Russia was placated. Hell, even the Kaiser admitted that after reading Serbia's response to Austria-Hungary's demands that all reasons for war were removed, and should have pursued that course, perhaps by telling Austria-Hungary "there's no justifiable for you to go to war anymore, and thus Germany cannot support you in any military course you choose to take".

Instead, Wilhelm kinda let things sit until he realized a full-on European war just just around the corner and started all kinds of communications with Nicolas II (his cousin, BTW) to try and fix things. By that point in time, though, things were basically no longer in their hands; pulling a full executive decision to halt everything would have had disastrous consequences for the nation. Granted, it could have been far less worse than the outcome of the war itself, but nobody thought it would be that horrible.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Mon 14 Nov 2016 19:52

HrcAk47 wrote:
Sweedish_Gunner wrote:I do like that way this turned into an Italy/Spain thread. Surprised it hasn't been split into two seperate threads.

It was a Rom/Bulg thread a few dozen pages back :D

And it was a productive one, there's 6-7 productive fleshed out proposals made in this thread.

Romania by Steppewolf
Bulgaria by yours truly
Ba'athist State by andrej47

Italy by antizombies_boy
Spain by antizombies_boy
South Africa by Eukie
Portugal by Broth3r

If it doesn't incur the wrath of the mods, we could have them all listed in one megathread on this subforum, with links leading to spreadsheets and other data.

Also, links to other proposals, MadMat threads, Icehawk threads, etc. This subforum has the greatest visibility, after all.

And another country will be soon added to the list ;)

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 14 Nov 2016 20:02

The more, the merrier! :D

I think we should organize one proposal megathread with all the proposals in the OP.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

antizombies_boy
Sergeant Major

Postby antizombies_boy » Mon 14 Nov 2016 20:11

HrcAk47 wrote:The more, the merrier! :D

I think we should organize one proposal megathread with all the proposals in the OP.

I agree, with all spreadsheets, galleries, information, sources, comments... I must say that currently exists enought proposal nations (redfor and bluefor) to make a new expansion xD and a lot of them close/in the Mediterranean, something like "Wargame: The Burning Sea"... I hope Eugen considerates it... :? Im only dreaming don't hate me

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Mon 14 Nov 2016 20:32

HrcAk47 wrote:The more, the merrier! :D

Well currently I have found most of the stuff with intro dates, but as SIPRI is one of my main sources I may have omitted a few units, and it's hard to find the exact intro dates for infantry AT weapons, but I should release an early spreadsheet this week-end.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”