Should more than just 2 new nations be added to REDFOR?

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: Should more than just 2 new nations be added to REDFOR?

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 14 Nov 2016 23:35

While I'm tossing out ideas: More Starfighters, the Italians seem to have loved them. The F-104S ASA-2 could be added with Sidewinders, Aspides and 30% ECM as a Block 15/Tornado F.2 crossbreed and a prototype/hypothetical F-104S ASA-3 with the Active Radar Aspides already on a truck in the support tab would be interesting as a combination of good missiles and sucky airframe. I don't know how theoretically difficult the systems integration would be but it would be a cooler proto ASF than the Tornado F.3 clone they actually got :) . I think these two would replace the Tornado ADV and the Sabre. Minimally I'd suggest switching the ADV for the ASA-2 since the ADV should maybe be a prototype as the agreement to acquire was made in 1993 according to wiki and the actual deliveries stretch the prototype timeframe.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

antizombies_boy
Sergeant Major

Postby antizombies_boy » Tue 15 Nov 2016 00:03

FrangibleCover wrote:While I'm tossing out ideas: More Starfighters, the Italians seem to have loved them. The F-104S ASA-2 could be added with Sidewinders, Aspides and 30% ECM as a Block 15/Tornado F.2 crossbreed and a prototype/hypothetical F-104S ASA-3 with the Active Radar Aspides already on a truck in the support tab would be interesting as a combination of good missiles and sucky airframe. I don't know how theoretically difficult the systems integration would be but it would be a cooler proto ASF than the Tornado F.3 clone they actually got :) . I think these two would replace the Tornado ADV and the Sabre. Minimally I'd suggest switching the ADV for the ASA-2 since the ADV should maybe be a prototype as the agreement to acquire was made in 1993 according to wiki and the actual deliveries stretch the prototype timeframe.

I accept all "serious" proposes. The problem is the maximun number of aircraft cards. Currently there are 2 F-104 cards, one of them ASF, I could upgrade one of them, making a multirole or something similar a bit updated. But everybody will say that Fiat G91, AMX A-11 and Tornados should be there too.

IMO we can make some changes, but transform the aircraft tab using like "standar" the F-104 could make the stuff weaker. With all the updates, we can't forget that F-104 family can't compete with more modern aircrafts. Can we do better F-104s? Yes, Can they replace modern units without penalty? I dont think so

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 15 Nov 2016 00:24

ECM is a fairly standardized list where each of the:

- RWR
- Chaff/flare disp.
- Jammer pods
- Internal jammer
- Bonus (really fancy jammer pods or huge internal jammers, or simply bias - most commonly seen on top tier ASFs at any rate)
-being an EF-111 Raven

will grant you 10% ECM.

However, be prepared to do VERY thorough research. Jammer pods are a tricky one.

You can ask Xeno for help, he knows very much about planes.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Tue 15 Nov 2016 00:37

antizombies_boy wrote: The problem is the maximun number of aircraft cards. Currently there are 2 F-104 cards, one of them ASF, I could upgrade one of them, making a multirole or something similar a bit updated. But everybody will say that Fiat G91, AMX A-11 and Tornados should be there too.

I wouldn't dream of touching Italy's mad strike trainer fetish. Indeed if you're worried about having too many F-104s why not change the F-104G for an MB-339 with the same loadout? The model is already in game and the base stats are weirdly similar. I just think that the ASA-2 is a more interesting option than the Tornado ADV and provides a bit of flavour (Also, aren't the 110-120 point ASFs pretty meta right now since you get them at elite?). I'm also concerned about Eugen cracking down on prototype units, saving the Tornado ADV's proto slot may allow you to bargain for something cool like the Centauro HVMS.

antizombies_boy wrote: IMO we can make some changes, but transform the aircraft tab using like "standar" the F-104 could make the stuff weaker. With all the updates, we can't forget that F-104 family can't compete with more modern aircrafts. Can we do better F-104s? Yes, Can they replace modern units without penalty? I dont think so

I don't think so either, the ASA-3 is seriously unlikely and the ASA-2 is mid-80s tech and now that I look at it again would only get 20% ECM (Who puts an RWR and a jammer on a plane but not chaff?). On the other hand, Spain's AMRAAM-flinging EF-18A+ can provide the coalition with a hand and a weakish air force is a nice counterweight to the good helicopter options. As is the ADV is going to step on the toes of the EF-18A, having much the same loadout with an ECM difference.

By the way, Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations, which has a huge database of all sorts of planes, rates the jammers as late 60's technology so there's no possible argument for the extra 10% ECM unless there were strap-on pods, which seems unlikely given the number of hardpoints available.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

antizombies_boy
Sergeant Major

Postby antizombies_boy » Tue 15 Nov 2016 00:46

I will think about the MB-339 replacing the F-104g, and replace the F-86f (damm, I really like it...) for an updated F-104, probably multirole with 2 medium range AA missiles, to complete the asf capability (capability isn't mean asf cards). The Med-For spreadseet 2º preview should be finnished next weekend. I will make a "changes list".

Darkstar387
Warrant Officer

Postby Darkstar387 » Tue 15 Nov 2016 00:51

I already posted this in the Yugo update thread, but I want it to be shared :mrgreen:

antizombies_boy
Sergeant Major

Postby antizombies_boy » Tue 15 Nov 2016 01:04

Darkstar387 wrote:I already posted this in the Yugo update thread, but I want it to be shared :mrgreen:

It's outrageous!!! where's Med-For dlc ???? You are insulting me!!! Blah blah blah!!

Nah, really fun xD I hope see SADF in wargame someday!!! IMO DLc are a rll good way to keep the game growing without sent Eugen to ruin.

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Tue 15 Nov 2016 02:37

So when are we talking about India.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Tue 15 Nov 2016 02:41

Narcissistic Black wrote:So when are we talking about India.

Whenever someone decides to give them a unit list.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Tue 15 Nov 2016 03:34

Killertomato wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:So when are we talking about India.

Whenever someone decides to give them a unit list.

Well i made one a while ago. But some else should do it this time.

EDIT: If no takers then I guess I'll just revise mine then.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”