- Game averages 500 players*
- Major update/steam sale increases average player count to 2000+
- New players play 10v10 because they don't want a serious game
- New players have a bad experience in 10v10, and stop playing
- Average playercount decreases back to 500
*Its at about 1000 right now but thats because of the israel dlc
Conculsion: Something must be done to make new players have better experiences with playing Wargame.
Note: I know that balancing 10v10 is impossible, theres just too many factors to account for. However, changes can be made to make the experience more 'fun' even if it isn't a competitive game.
Note2: I have 1895 hours in Wargame right now, so I'm not completely inexperienced.
- Lock 10v10 games to a certain level
- Noobs may not want to play a serious game
- Noobs might have a bad experience with 2v2 for different reasons
- More 'competitive' games might be flooded with inexperienced players.
- Try to make game balance adjustments that will make 10v10 a better experience without impacting 2v2
Things like reducing the AoE individual cluster arty rockets, increasing the time of flight for mortars etc.
- May have side effects in 2v2
- Split game into 2 versions, like AoA's reboot edition and the Wargame beta version
The idea would be to balance the game for 2v2, then make some SIMPLE changes for 10v10 and roll that out as a separate patch. (By simple I mean generic changes like those listed in the previous solution, not re-balancing individual factions)
- Possible costs associated with having 2 versions?
- May split community