Many infantry units without an MG are not worth their price

Akkku
First Sergeant

Many infantry units without an MG are not worth their price

Postby Akkku » Wed 9 Nov 2016 17:43

Hello,
after the MG-buff most fist-teams and all flamethrowers are very price inefficient now. They were already not very good, but now they are not even worth the 8th infantry slot.
I think you should drop their price by 5 points or shift the veterancy one slot to the right and increase their speed.
Or increase the HP to 8.

The only units without an MG that's still worth their price are GRU, LSTR, SAS and some ATGM teams like MAGLAN(even if they hadn't an MG).
Last edited by Akkku on Wed 9 Nov 2016 21:35, edited 2 times in total.
President of Eugen

Wirri
Warrant Officer

Re: Many infantry units without an MG are not worth their price

Postby Wirri » Wed 9 Nov 2016 20:49

Akkku wrote:Hello,
after the MG-buff most fist-teams and all flamethrowers are very price inefficient now. They were already not very good, but now they are not even worth the 8th infantry slot.
I think you should drop their price by 5 points or shift the veterancy one slot to the right and increase their speed.
Or increase the HP to 8.

The only unit without an MG that's still worth their price are GRU and some ATGM teams like MAGLAN.

Magl- whatever doesn't have a MG? What?
Spoiler : :
Razzmann wrote:
Wirri wrote:Can I finally call myself a shitposter?

You have my blessing.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 9 Nov 2016 20:50

I'm pretty sure even if Maglans didn't have MGs they would still be in every deck it was possible to take them.

Also, LSTRs are pretty amazing.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Akkku
First Sergeant

Postby Akkku » Wed 9 Nov 2016 21:32

yeah, i worded that poorly. It's corrected now.
President of Eugen

Desty
Warrant Officer

Postby Desty » Wed 9 Nov 2016 21:38

The only units without an MG that's still worth their price are GRU, LSTR, SAS and some ATGM teams like MAGLAN(even if they hadn't an MG).

MAGLAN always had an MG.
so MK19 / AGS17 Teams? what about Assault Engineers / Sturmpioniere?

Even FIST Teams (with the exception of RR Teams) will win when fighting equal points of infantry most of the time.

CommanderDef
Sergeant Major

Postby CommanderDef » Wed 9 Nov 2016 21:43

Or increase the HP to 8.

Just keep them behind line infantry, or militia. They were always good at dealing damage, but fragile.

As for SVD infantry, it removes a man from squad, but it gives almost no suppression for the rest. I think that loosing a friend to enemy sniper is quite demoralizing and the effect should be higher... Also, more infantry could use a marksman instead of MG. Especially recon teams, or paratrooper and light infantry with shock training.
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...
Spoiler : :

Akkku
First Sergeant

Postby Akkku » Wed 9 Nov 2016 21:48

Desty wrote:

MAGLAN always had an MG.

Yeah sure. Maglan would be good even without an MG though. I brought MAGLAN up as an counter example. Excluding it would reinforce the main premise of this thread even more.
Desty wrote:so MK19 / AGS17 Teams? what about Assault Engineers / Sturmpioniere?

There are exceptions. I don't think the ones you mentioned are some of those exception, because they lack versatility, since they can be killed cheap transports. Even if those examples were fitting, it would still not invalidate that there are other units like flame throwers which are not worth their price.
Desty wrote:Even FIST Teams (with the exception of RR Teams) will win when fighting equal points of infantry most of the time.

Fist teams are too situational. They don't perform well >350m and if they miss once against a tank, they are gone.
President of Eugen

AndyWormhole
Corporal

Postby AndyWormhole » Wed 9 Nov 2016 21:51

[...]shift the veterancy one slot to the right and increase their speed[...]

I'd like this adjustment for fist squads with the exception of eryx/smaw/agl. Most of them aren't reliable anymore since the majority of "meta" ifv got 3+ armor. Your other suggestions would make them far to strong compared to line infantry.

Akkku
First Sergeant

Postby Akkku » Wed 9 Nov 2016 21:51

CommanderDef wrote:
Or increase the HP to 8.

Just keep them behind line infantry, or militia. They were always good at dealing damage, but fragile.

As for SVD infantry, it removes a man from squad, but it gives almost no suppression for the rest. I think that loosing a friend to enemy sniper is quite demoralizing and the effect should be higher... Also, more infantry could use a marksman instead of MG. Especially recon teams, or paratrooper and light infantry with shock training.

Wouldn't make flamethrowers an interesting unit either. They are just not worth it atm, it doesn't matter how you use them.
President of Eugen

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Thu 10 Nov 2016 02:12

Sapers could be the deadliest unit in forests if they started fires even too themselves ;)