Anyways, most Motorized decks have the weakness of not having any half decent tanks, no viable Artillery, and with recent IFV buffs, wheeled stuff are more or less obsolete. so just a short list of things that might help Motorized to be back to the Meta:
- Enable the following tanks in Motorized Decks:
* USA Marines M60A1 line: Mostly for the M60A1, its a good fire support, but it'll get wrecked by actually serious tanks.
* KPz-70 Keiler: Since MBT-70 is available I don't see why we shouldn't have KPz-70 sorry MBT-70 wasn't in Motor. . . but eh, can we get both then?
* Add both KPz-70 and MBT-70 to Motor: The lack of anything that can take a hit on ground was the major problem, let's get something with half decent armor.
* Add Chieftain line as Motor: Yeah my previous mistake of thinking they are motor, but a Mk.11 will help so much in terms of a Motorized CMW. Besides, without Challengers, UK still lacks proper steel. (or would these be too heavy? but Mexas have 14 armor. . . hmmm) I suppose its so much heavier than T-72 it wouldn't make much sense to have these and not T-72.
* T-62 line: Just to allow USSR to have a somewhat hard hitter without giving it the advantage of a fully effective T-72 line
Considered Leopard 2, Abrams, Merkava and T-72 but they might be a bit too "heavy class" for Motorized, well maybe T-72 isn't really that heavy but. . .
Buff the following tank lines:
* Maybe while at it, rerole ZTZ-59IIA to ZTZ-59D and strap a Bastion on it.
(maybe also Super M60, but I guess we already have M60A1 ERA if Marine line is there, but I don't think this redundancy for Super M60 would hurt especially its Prototype)
The above should mitigate to a good extent the tank problem and still make Tanks a weakness to Motor Decks, as they still lack the tanks that can take a hit and survive for most, we probably could strap a +1 armor across the older tanks (M48, M60, Nanayon, AMX-30, AMX-32, Centurion, T-62, T-55, ZTZ-59, Chonmaho) just to bring back some of their dignity as tanks, because some thin tin cans called IFV now have the same amount of armor as many of the older tanks.
- Allow all 152~155mm Artillery pieces in Motorized. Some Motor decks already have them, and they would really help the Motor decks to counter artillery, which quite plagues a motorized player, all that arty spam against them and they can't fire back.
- Give Red Dragons and NORAD a half-decent ATGM infantry, even something with just like a Konkurs and an I-Tow. these 2 are the only new units I think is needed.
- Add NSVT armed BTR-60, available to Motostrelki, Mot. Schutzen, Morskaya Piechota(though I guess this has no Motor Access).
- Make Vysadkari and Lu Zhandui Available to Motor decks, buff Lu Zhandui by 5 pts as they are Mot Schutzen clones but more expensive atm.
- Buff to 9 inf cards?
Overall, should still make Motorized having to rely on ATGMs to stop armored pushes in their tracks, still inferior to Mechanized in terms of the Infantry spam but gets there faster, though they gained an arguably better artillery support than Mechanized, which with the current Mechanized Decks, it's pretty made up as Mechanized come with much better transport arms. And Motorized will gain a situational Meta status of being that deck that can spam infantry quickly and have a decent range of fire support tanks, heli covers, Recons and decent artillery.
I would like to say buff Wheeled APC armor but. . . most of them are rather unarmored IRL, IDK which could even get armored. Maybe allow more trucks? they are now only 5pts, does not travel well off road, lacks the amphibious ability of many transport, though I guess that encourages spam, it was a widely sensitive topic in wargame.