Motorized Deck rebalance

remilia019
Second-Lieutenant

Motorized Deck rebalance

Postby remilia019 » Mon 14 Nov 2016 06:15

I'm not sure of the general sentiment of Motorized decks these days, though I've been told off to not use Motor decks several times in recent days and I think it does have merit why people don't like a Motorized player, as it seems Motor are pretty gimp'd as of late.

Anyways, most Motorized decks have the weakness of not having any half decent tanks, no viable Artillery, and with recent IFV buffs, wheeled stuff are more or less obsolete. so just a short list of things that might help Motorized to be back to the Meta:

- Enable the following tanks in Motorized Decks:
Spoiler : :
* AMX-32 and AMX-40: Could grant Eurocorps some heavy hitter, but lightly armored, directly opposite to the Chieftain line in CMW which are available in Motor (I think it still fits Motor regardless.)
* USA Marines M60A1 line: Mostly for the M60A1, its a good fire support, but it'll get wrecked by actually serious tanks.
* KPz-70 Keiler: Since MBT-70 is available I don't see why we shouldn't have KPz-70 sorry MBT-70 wasn't in Motor. . . but eh, can we get both then? :lol:
* Add both KPz-70 and MBT-70 to Motor: The lack of anything that can take a hit on ground was the major problem, let's get something with half decent armor.
* Add Chieftain line as Motor: Yeah my previous mistake of thinking they are motor, but a Mk.11 will help so much in terms of a Motorized CMW. Besides, without Challengers, UK still lacks proper steel. (or would these be too heavy? but Mexas have 14 armor. . . hmmm) I suppose its so much heavier than T-72 it wouldn't make much sense to have these and not T-72.
* T-62 line: Just to allow USSR to have a somewhat hard hitter without giving it the advantage of a fully effective T-72 line

Buff the following tank lines:
Spoiler : :
* T-55AM2 and above models + ZTZ-59IIA to have 2275m gun: This is mostly to make T-55 usable, it'll still be an underdog but at least that Arkan flinger will have some bite to defeat IFVs.
* Maybe while at it, rerole ZTZ-59IIA to ZTZ-59D and strap a Bastion on it.

The above should mitigate to a good extent the tank problem and still make Tanks a weakness to Motor Decks, as they still lack the tanks that can take a hit and survive for most, we probably could strap a +1 armor across the older tanks (M48, M60, Nanayon, AMX-30, AMX-32, Centurion, T-62, T-55, ZTZ-59, Chonmaho) just to bring back some of their dignity as tanks, because some thin tin cans called IFV now have the same amount of armor as many of the older tanks.

- Allow all 152~155mm Artillery pieces in Motorized. Some Motor decks already have them, and they would really help the Motor decks to counter artillery, which quite plagues a motorized player, all that arty spam against them and they can't fire back.

- Give Red Dragons and NORAD a half-decent ATGM infantry, even something with just like a Konkurs and an I-Tow. these 2 are the only new units I think is needed.

- Add NSVT armed BTR-60, available to Motostrelki, Mot. Schutzen, Morskaya Piechota(though I guess this has no Motor Access).

- Make Vysadkari and Lu Zhandui Available to Motor decks, buff Lu Zhandui by 5 pts as they are Mot Schutzen clones but more expensive atm.

- Buff to 9 inf cards?

Overall, should still make Motorized having to rely on ATGMs to stop armored pushes in their tracks, still inferior to Mechanized in terms of the Infantry spam but gets there faster, though they gained an arguably better artillery support than Mechanized, which with the current Mechanized Decks, it's pretty made up as Mechanized come with much better transport arms. And Motorized will gain a situational Meta status of being that deck that can spam infantry quickly and have a decent range of fire support tanks, heli covers, Recons and decent artillery.

I would like to say buff Wheeled APC armor but. . . most of them are rather unarmored IRL, IDK which could even get armored. Maybe allow more trucks? they are now only 5pts, does not travel well off road, lacks the amphibious ability of many transport, though I guess that encourages spam, it was a widely sensitive topic in wargame.
Last edited by remilia019 on Tue 15 Nov 2016 16:34, edited 6 times in total.

ToTheMetal
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Motorized Deck rebalance

Postby ToTheMetal » Mon 14 Nov 2016 06:37

remilia019 wrote: directly opposite to the Chieftain line in CMW which are available in Motor

Last time I checked Chieftains were not available in Moto

Wolf In Arms
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Wolf In Arms » Mon 14 Nov 2016 07:12

ToTheMetal wrote:
remilia019 wrote: directly opposite to the Chieftain line in CMW which are available in Motor

Last time I checked Chieftains were not available in Moto

Likewise for MBT-70: US/NORAD Moto lost it for the MEXAS a while back.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Mon 14 Nov 2016 07:35

The MEXAS is definitely better, though.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Mon 14 Nov 2016 07:55

Killertomato wrote:The MEXAS is definitely better, though.

Against tanks it much better, though I find that the MBT-70 and the upgraded starship make for not bad fire support against infantry.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Wolf In Arms
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Wolf In Arms » Mon 14 Nov 2016 08:27

XanderTuron wrote:
Killertomato wrote:The MEXAS is definitely better, though.

Against tanks it much better, though I find that the MBT-70 and the upgraded starship make for not bad fire support against infantry.

Kinda wasted slots in NORAD Moto though - considering you have CS and Sheridan to make up the difference.

On the OP's topic: I like the idea to a degree of Moto getting more tanks, but it almost feels like cheapening it a bit. I get that wheeled APCs aren't exactly "motorized" either by technicality, but I feel like having more alternatives for Moto rather than something furthering the tank meta would be nice.

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Mon 14 Nov 2016 09:33

Wolf In Arms wrote:
On the OP's topic: I like the idea to a degree of Moto getting more tanks, but it almost feels like cheapening it a bit. I get that wheeled APCs aren't exactly "motorized" either by technicality, but I feel like having more alternatives for Moto rather than something furthering the tank meta would be nice.

Moto needs those tanks to be relevant.

Soviet motor-rifle divisions had tanks, and the US didn't get motorized units until after the cold war because testing with the 9th ID in the '80s showed that their particular motorized, super-light unit concept would get rogered by heavy forces in a stand-up fight.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Mon 14 Nov 2016 09:47

Killertomato wrote:
Wolf In Arms wrote:

Moto needs those tanks to be relevant.

Soviet motor-rifle divisions had tanks, and the US didn't get motorized units until after the cold war because testing with the 9th ID in the '80s showed that their particular motorized, super-light unit concept would get rogered by heavy forces in a stand-up fight.

the 9th ID was bolstered by the rest of LANDJUT NORTH though.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Mon 14 Nov 2016 09:53

Wolf In Arms wrote:Kinda wasted slots in NORAD Moto though - considering you have CS and Sheridan to make up the difference.

Very true, NORAD/US is not a deck that is wanting for fire support.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Mon 14 Nov 2016 10:00

QUAD wrote:
the 9th ID was bolstered by the rest of LANDJUT NORTH though.

And they had plenty of tanks, and other heavy stuff.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”