Xeno's air tabs changes

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: Xeno's air tabs changes

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 31 Jul 2017 12:34

chykka wrote:The American's never put guns on the F-4 Phantom II, so is the pod actually as good as an on board gun? I say this because the vulcan is probably the best in game gun for planes. While Irl I believe the F-4 was designed as a interceptor to rely more on missiles. Unless The newer models of it all have the internal gun correct? All the old ones could use the pod maybe at reduced speed, or autonomy?

The US Air Force put guns on their Phantoms from the E and onwards(and took them back off for the Wild Weasel), the US Navy never did and instead got gud. I don't think any of the Phantoms in game use the SUU-23/A gunpod but all are modelled with the ugly bulge for the gun. I'm not sure how good this mount was but I expect it was as accurate as any other.

The issue is that the Vulcan being the super good OP plz nerf laser cannon is ridiculous. The F-4s shouldn't be as deadly as they are but neither should anything else.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Mon 31 Jul 2017 13:50

FrangibleCover wrote:
chykka wrote:The American's never put guns on the F-4 Phantom II, so is the pod actually as good as an on board gun? I say this because the vulcan is probably the best in game gun for planes. While Irl I believe the F-4 was designed as a interceptor to rely more on missiles. Unless The newer models of it all have the internal gun correct? All the old ones could use the pod maybe at reduced speed, or autonomy?

The US Air Force put guns on their Phantoms from the E and onwards(and took them back off for the Wild Weasel), the US Navy never did and instead got gud. I don't think any of the Phantoms in game use the SUU-23/A gunpod but all are modelled with the ugly bulge for the gun. I'm not sure how good this mount was but I expect it was as accurate as any other.

The issue is that the Vulcan being the super good OP plz nerf laser cannon is ridiculous. The F-4s shouldn't be as deadly as they are but neither should anything else.

USN and marines used the mk4 gun pod for air to ground straffing but never air to air

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Mon 7 Aug 2017 01:04

Yeah pretty sure they used in Vietnam, they had probably way more planes than they needed there and that gave more use to the F4 In that Theater I assume.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”