A confession: I don't want a Wargame 4.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Re: A confession: I don't want a Wargame 4.

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 22 Nov 2016 18:57

As I've said before, Eugen should take their time with the next Wargame (If there is one). Refine the mechanics, improve the engine and add more dynamics.

Red Dragon has done what's probably the best it can work with in this current iteration of the game.

DarkRyder
Corporal

Postby DarkRyder » Tue 22 Nov 2016 20:53

Most important thing to add in Wargame would be reconnect to the server after you'r disconnected. (set it as variable for dedicated servers, default something like 2 min before units go to other player)
We have lots of problems with that.

2nd thing Wargame dedicated server: (i did write RCON tool so this is my experience what's missing)
Map rotation (just string array as map value)
Exclude Nations/Coalitions
Limit number of decks (airborne, support, ...)
Limit player level (min and max)
With set commands add get commands (setsvar map [value], add getsvar map)
get banned players command
say command, with some attributes (like say [string] 30 sec after game starts, or say something every 20 min, or say something every 2 min while in lobby game state, .....) so server can broadcast message to connected players, This can be in one .ini file

Alternative destruction mod where at game end team would get bonus destruction team points for deference of sectors under their control. Let's say you end the game with 5 sectors controlled by RED faction and 3 by BLUE faction.... 5 - 3 = 2, 2 x 1000 = 2000
2000 more points goes to red faction.
Make it as variable for dedicated servers, by default maybe 5 or 10 % of total victory points per sector
I think this would fix lots of problems with destruction game mod.
Last edited by DarkRyder on Tue 22 Nov 2016 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Partibrejker » Tue 22 Nov 2016 21:06

DarkRyder wrote:Most important thing to add in Wargame would be reconnect to the server after you'r disconnected. (set it as variable for dedicated servers, default something like 2 min before units go to other player)
We have lots of problems with that.

2nd thing Wargame dedicated server:
Map rotation (just string array as map value)
Exclude Nations/Coalitions
Limit number of decks (airborne, support, ...)
Limit player level (min and max)
With set commands add get commands (setsvar map [value], add getsvar map)
get banned players command
say command, with some attributes (like say [string] 30 sec after game starts, or say something every 20 min, or say something every 2 min while in lobby game state, .....) so server can broadcast message to connected players, This can be in one .ini file

Alternative destruction mod where at game end team would get bonus destruction team points for deference of sectors under their control. Let's say you end the game with 5 sectors controlled by RED faction and 3 by BLUE faction.... 5 - 3 = 2, 2 x 1000 = 2000
2000 more points goes to red faction.
Make it as variable for dedicated servers, by default maybe 5% of total victory points per sector
I think this would fix lots of problems with destruction game mod.

This is good, I would just add the following:
- option to order units where to go and group them while the match is still in "put your toys on the battlefield" stage
- option in a match (not in the menu, I know that there is a present option) to select or deselect is airplane going winchester after the sortie or not (how many times has happened to you that multirole plane goes winchester and at that moment enemy bomber gets near his missile range)
- option for the planes to select how many bombs should be dropped where (for example I want 4 there and then fly there and drop the rest), create some sort of flight path for the bombers I guess
- maybe get the boats on any map that has river, not just naval maps
- mine deployment vehicles maaaaybe :)
- smoke to the units that isn't just arty
bonus
imagine coop campaign or multiplayer option of fighting on the "campaign like" map

That is basically it :)
Spoiler : :

DarkRyder
Corporal

Postby DarkRyder » Tue 22 Nov 2016 21:15

Partibrejker wrote:imagine coop campaign or multiplayer option of fighting on the "campaign like" map

Yup, this is what i wanted, multiplayer server with map 3 games in a row but you keep your deck from previous game
if unit is destroyed there is no more of this unit in next game, also if it gains promotion in the next game you keep your promotion.

But there's lots of problems with this (inf is alive but transport is destroyed) and i don't know how much players would play this.
It would have more problems with ragequit and so on...

Let's keep it simple so we may get something :)

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 22 Nov 2016 22:26

Darkstar387 wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote: SupCom Seton's Clutch no air no naval games are cancer.

And today we had THIS shout out. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Supreme Commander for the win

Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 24 Nov 2016 10:32

Most important thing to add in Wargame would be reconnect to the server after you'r disconnected. (set it as variable for dedicated servers, default something like 2 min before units go to other player)

It provides option to cheat. You quit, check replay for CV units than reenter again... Pls no...

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 24 Nov 2016 10:33

molnibalage wrote:

It provides option to cheat. You quit, check replay for CV units than reenter again... Pls no...

That's a very easy fix, no replays until the full match is over.

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Thu 24 Nov 2016 13:42

I really want deployable explosives for SF. So you can set traps on roads, in forests or in towns.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":

Spielführer
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Spielführer » Thu 24 Nov 2016 15:23

Hi,

i also want to add my opinion about it.
Currently EUGEN is milking the cash-cow with the DLCs. But in my humble opinion, a Wargame 4 is a good goal to set and at least really appreciated in my point of view.
A lot of my friends dropped the game because of some missing TRAITs like a national trait or because the coalitions. Some nations are artificially downed for the "flavour" of coalitions and the balance around it. No fun.

What i wish me for a Wargame 4:
- Back to Wargame '89
- Back to "European Escalation" and not in Asia
- improved Engine (more mechanics like speed. A Leopard2A5 with full speed in combat is harder to hit than standing tank. And there is a big difference between 65km/h and 30km/h)
- remodel some stuff, realistic markings/skins
- better sounds (or modable)
- planning tool -> before game, satellite view and you can draw lines or insert tactical signs etc
- National TRAIT and full playable nations (looking at you Bundeswehr and Luftwaffe) without the "flavour" of coalitions. No prototypes for coalitions, some units are restricted national only (to not break balance etc.)
- Better Infantry-Combats, formations (!) not this tank columns and simple comfort functions like artillery firing in lines/rows etc.
- new maps, especially 1vs1 up to 3vs3 (imho post played) with maybe historical background (Fulda Gap etc)
- more appealing GUI, HUD / Display etc
- formations for planes
- better FX
Soldier of passion. Diplom rerum militarium

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Thu 24 Nov 2016 15:58

Spielführer wrote:Hi,

i also want to add my opinion about it.
Currently EUGEN is milking the cash-cow with the DLCs. But in my humble opinion, a Wargame 4 is a good goal to set and at least really appreciated in my point of view.
A lot of my friends dropped the game because of some missing TRAITs like a national trait or because the coalitions. Some nations are artificially downed for the "flavour" of coalitions and the balance around it. No fun.

What i wish me for a Wargame 4:
- Back to Wargame '89
- Back to "European Escalation" and not in Asia
- improved Engine (more mechanics like speed. A Leopard2A5 with full speed in combat is harder to hit than standing tank. And there is a big difference between 65km/h and 30km/h)
- remodel some stuff, realistic markings/skins
- better sounds (or modable)
- planning tool -> before game, satellite view and you can draw lines or insert tactical signs etc
- National TRAIT and full playable nations (looking at you Bundeswehr and Luftwaffe) without the "flavour" of coalitions. No prototypes for coalitions, some units are restricted national only (to not break balance etc.)
- Better Infantry-Combats, formations (!) not this tank columns and simple comfort functions like artillery firing in lines/rows etc.
- new maps, especially 1vs1 up to 3vs3 (imho post played) with maybe historical background (Fulda Gap etc)
- more appealing GUI, HUD / Display etc
- formations for planes
- better FX

German bias: The post.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”