Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Partibrejker » Wed 14 Dec 2016 00:26

Black_Waltz wrote:Yea, the guy who has less lines sounds much better then the one that has the most lines. The biggest bother for me is "Ima li mushterija za voznju" line - it makes me cringe every time I hear it :)

Well, I confess they are not perfect, but better that than some English guy who does the Russian accent :)

Also, i don't think Nikola Kojo would come cheap. Maybe Bikovic, but he is a terrible actor.

bljfff, Biković sucks big time. Tu pull of JNA you need someone with balls down to the ground :D

and for the mušterija part I personally love it, the only problem is that it applies to arty units(and maybe some others) instead of transports only :)
Spoiler : :

Gopblin
Major-General

Postby Gopblin » Wed 14 Dec 2016 01:10

Guggy wrote:I've pondered a community-made voice mod, since the mod dudes like ALBNoob have cracked the sound files. It could be interesting to have with players from different nations voicing units, with quality requirements ofc :P

There's more to voice acting than just knowing the language.
I fancy myself to be something of a translator, but my voice acting is abysmal in every language I know.

Basically, would be cool to do, but only select few among the players would be good voice actors.
Nationality? - Russian.
Occupation? - No, no, just visiting.

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Wed 14 Dec 2016 01:39

codextero wrote:
Mako wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:
It isn't uparmored. Base front armor is 25 mm steel. It was designed against KPVT in mind.

It has significantly more protection vs Bradley A0, for example, which has 25 mm... aluminium.

The Bradley was designed against the KPVT as well, and is significantly better armored than the M113 which has more aluminum than that.

You know a lot about yugoslavia but when you say things like that...

He doesn't take into account slope when he says that.

The front armor for the Bradley has been described as similar to the M113, but more sloped. This would mean 1.5 inches of 5083 @ 65 degrees, or 90mm LOS 5083 aluminium. Depending on how you count 5083 Aluminium, that's 30-45mm RHAe.

You're also forgetting the laminated steel portion. But the total armor equivalency with the laminated portion is roughly 50mm RHAe.
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Wed 14 Dec 2016 01:43

My "broken dream" for Yugo was extremely detailed unit voices, where each "unit" could speak one of ex-Yugo languages/accents.

That is unviable, but a man can dream. :D

Anyway, here's my "improved" ver. on the voice lines that came by too late. This is the Serbian version, as compared to US lines.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Broth3r
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Broth3r » Wed 14 Dec 2016 01:55

I want to believe one of those non-native VA's is Boris.

Aqarius
Sergeant

Postby Aqarius » Wed 14 Dec 2016 11:39

One of the VAs just screams "urban Belgrade". One sounds as if his accent constantly slips back into Slovak. One sounds like there's something wrong with him. not his VA. Him :? .

And if the west needs Balkans, they usually get Serbedzija. Which wouldn't be a bad choice, honestly!
(Dajem se
-Ines)

Black_Waltz
Private

Postby Black_Waltz » Wed 14 Dec 2016 12:37

"Čekamo metu da preleti a onda..."

"A onda..." then what :?: It sounds unfinished because the guy who you hear the most has some problems with diction.

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Partibrejker » Wed 14 Dec 2016 14:25

HrcAk47 wrote:My "broken dream" for Yugo was extremely detailed unit voices, where each "unit" could speak one of ex-Yugo languages/accents.

That is unviable, but a man can dream. :D

Anyway, here's my "improved" ver. on the voice lines that came by too late. This is the Serbian version, as compared to US lines.

it is 91% same as tehe one in game, BUT

Padobranci 63. padobranske brigade - rade!

for this line you got yourself 2 litres of rakija. Cannot believe I totally forgot about it xD

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Wed 14 Dec 2016 16:58

Partibrejker wrote:Padobranci 63. padobranske brigade - rade!

for this line you got yourself 2 litres of rakija. Cannot believe I totally forgot about it xD

Didn't notice that one :shock:
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Partibrejker » Thu 15 Dec 2016 21:03

nuke92 wrote:
Partibrejker wrote:Padobranci 63. padobranske brigade - rade!

Didn't notice that one :shock:

it ain't in the game.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”