Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

User avatar
Illusive
Master Sergeant
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue 17 May 2016 20:30
Contact:

Re: Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Illusive » Thu 1 Dec 2016 09:44

CommanderDef wrote:Also, that compare that Palmen heli to Mi-8MTV (or Mi-17). Not sure if price 45 points is okay.


Just close your eyes and pretend helo-rushes don't exist, I mean it doesn't come with 5 pt infantry so what's the problem? :roll:
Typical Forum Expert wrote:Just because I only play destruction doesn't mean my opinion is worthless!
Typical Forum Expert wrote:10v10 is the purest gamemode, 1v1s are clown games that fail to prove someone's true skill level.

User avatar
CommanderDef
Sergeant Major
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed 27 Aug 2014 04:36
Location: Prague, CZ
Contact:

Re: Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Postby CommanderDef » Thu 1 Dec 2016 09:51

Illusive wrote:
CommanderDef wrote:Also, that compare that Palmen heli to Mi-8MTV (or Mi-17). Not sure if price 45 points is okay.


Just close your eyes and pretend helo-rushes don't exist, I mean it doesn't come with 5 pt infantry so what's the problem? :roll:

I don't use helo rush. There is not much helo rush possibility with my Armored/Mechanized decks :D

I was thinking about that 1 point of armor and NSVT that Mi-17 has, while being cheaper and having almost same stats on rockets (Yugo one probably fires all ammo in one salvo?). But yeah, they could reroll it for infantry transport as Mi-17.
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...
Spoiler : :
Image

User avatar
Illusive
Master Sergeant
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue 17 May 2016 20:30
Contact:

Re: Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Illusive » Thu 1 Dec 2016 09:55

CommanderDef wrote:I was thinking about that 1 point of armor and NSVT that Mi-17 has, while being cheaper and having almost same stats on rockets (Yugo one probably fires all ammo in one salvo?). But yeah, they could reroll it for infantry transport as Mi-17.

Keep in mind though that transports are always cheaper than vehicles (or in this case helos), you don't have to buy an infantry squad with it, and it takes a helo slot in a deck with no good helos other than the Mi-35 rather than forcing you to use an infantry slot on an expensive squad.
Typical Forum Expert wrote:Just because I only play destruction doesn't mean my opinion is worthless!
Typical Forum Expert wrote:10v10 is the purest gamemode, 1v1s are clown games that fail to prove someone's true skill level.

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7497
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Razzmann » Thu 1 Dec 2016 10:31

CommanderDef wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:.

Don't you see some inconsistency coming with BVP-80 series? Compared to BMP series, it has armor of BMP-1, but autocannon is stronger than BMP-2. Suddenly, there is 3 and 4 AP at high RPM. Not shouting for nerf, it's just I had a feeling that BMP-2 is a bit undergunned to it's current price and armor, while BVP-80 is badly armored.

Why is it inconsistent? The autocannon is different, and the latest 2 use a 30mm autocannon whereas the BMP-2 has a 20mm one?

User avatar
CommanderDef
Sergeant Major
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed 27 Aug 2014 04:36
Location: Prague, CZ
Contact:

Re: Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Postby CommanderDef » Thu 1 Dec 2016 10:40

Razzmann wrote:
CommanderDef wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:.

Don't you see some inconsistency coming with BVP-80 series? Compared to BMP series, it has armor of BMP-1, but autocannon is stronger than BMP-2. Suddenly, there is 3 and 4 AP at high RPM. Not shouting for nerf, it's just I had a feeling that BMP-2 is a bit undergunned to it's current price and armor, while BVP-80 is badly armored.

Why is it inconsistent? The autocannon is different, and the latest 2 use a 30mm autocannon whereas the BMP-2 has a 20mm one?

BMP-2 has 30mm 2A42. But for some reason it has stats similar to 25mm KBA (Dutch, KAFV,...). There is also 2A72 cannon, that in real life is simplyfied 2A42, but in wargame (BTR-80A, BTR90, BMP-3,...) it's stats are different, +1 AP and lower RPM.

There are many variants of BMP-2 in game, pretty much different combinations of range of 2A42 and different missile, but at least those top variants, could get 3 AP.

I couldn't find much about M86, the Yugo 30mm cannon. But overall, autocannons could use some revision and even though I saw people talking about AC rebalance, it's not happening.
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...
Spoiler : :
Image

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7497
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Razzmann » Thu 1 Dec 2016 10:50

Oh it's 30mm? My bad then :oops: .
I read something about really high muzzle velocity, the latest version being dual fed but idk...

Aqarius
Sergeant
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun 21 Aug 2016 01:22
Contact:

Re: Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Aqarius » Thu 1 Dec 2016 11:02

IIRC the 2A42 is 30x165, and the M86 is 30x192, which is apparently actually a 30x210.

User avatar
CommanderDef
Sergeant Major
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed 27 Aug 2014 04:36
Location: Prague, CZ
Contact:

Re: Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Postby CommanderDef » Thu 1 Dec 2016 11:31

Aqarius wrote:IIRC the 2A42 is 30x165, and the M86 is 30x192, which is apparently actually a 30x210.

30x210 is Czechoslovakian round used for AA guns, in game Praga and Strop 1. I have that cartridge at home, it's fucking huge. It would make sense for Yugo to use that round in Foka and other SPAAGs, but not much to use it in standard BVP. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: oh fuck, looks like it is THAT round. I understand 4 AP on last version then.
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...
Spoiler : :
Image

Aqarius
Sergeant
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun 21 Aug 2016 01:22
Contact:

Re: Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Aqarius » Thu 1 Dec 2016 11:48

CommanderDef wrote:Edit: oh fuck, looks like it is THAT round. I understand 4 AP on last version then.


It's actually not. They called it 30x192 to avoid confusion with the 30x210Cz. The actual caliber is the 30x210B, as used by the AK230 CIWS.

EDIT: pictures:
http://www.paluba.info/smf/index.php/to ... #msg242983

User avatar
nuke92
Lieutenant
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:51
Contact:

Re: Yugoslavia: The Frequently Asked Questions

Postby nuke92 » Thu 1 Dec 2016 12:21

It still is one of the most powerfull 30mm cartriges. The 96 version has APDS (or was it APFSDS) rounds.
Image
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 30 guests