The unalterable cycle of life, a.k.a. "SOVKOR must die!"

jhfts
Command Sergeant Major

Re: The unalterable cycle of life, a.k.a. "SOVKOR must die!"

Postby jhfts » Tue 29 Nov 2016 01:55

Jesus Christ Eugen. I guess 'what the lord giveth, the lord also taketh away', huh?

Well, RIP N. Korea. The only way that NK units got any play at all was through SovKor; there isn't anyone in their right mind who's going to play NK standalone or as part of RD. Yes, NK will still be 'available' in-game, but for all practical purposes, you are eliminating nearly 100 units from the roster. Great job.

SovKor was refreshing because one REDFOR's coalitions - the titular Red Dragons - is so pointlessly and hopelessly gimped as to be unpalatable in both public and competitive play. Having SOVKOR around meant that a REDFOR player had a little more variety in choosing what to play as - it meant more options, even if only by the slightest of degrees, than 'NSWP or Soviet'. I would have preferred to have a working Red Dragons, but this was at least something - some minor way of levering some these units into the game in a meaningful way.

Are the Red Dragons going to be build up to the point of actually being a meaningful choice? Well, I guess that anything's possible, but seeing as they're still crap after five DLCs and more than a dozen patches, I'm not exactly holding my breath. In fact, it pretty much fits with the Dev attitude to China / NK that, after all this time, we're basically going back to square one.

As a sales pitch, this ain't the best. The average REDFOR player dishes out, what, 6-10 bucks, in order to lose a whole slug of their decks? Did you put this past marketing?

This is funny. I mean, I was really hyped for the new DLC. 'REDFOR finally gets some attention!' And then, this comes along. You guys hit the one thing that could drain that enthusiasm in one fell swoop.

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Tue 29 Nov 2016 01:58

frostypooky wrote:130p B-5

MiG-29 5 elite avail

Koksan with 3 second aim

Bohcongsu 20 man 800RPM MG

Attack dogs squad (pungsangae) with exceptional stealth exceptional recon and insta kil in CQC

lets do this

Nothing to waste cards on. UdSSR has both better jet options than the Mig-29 and the Koksan is shit and not worth taking over butrito or smerch. For the infantry, nothing beats spetz vdv so far it seems. As said I never played them that much, but also had no trouble against them. From 1v1 to 10v10
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

scottslater
Corporal

Postby scottslater » Tue 29 Nov 2016 02:01

I'm excited to see these buffs to RD as that gives hope to the other nations/coalitions in the game (here is to the end of NORAD so USA can get buffed!) and shows that we really do have a great developer for this game that is willing to listen to us the community to make the game "better".

That said, I think that it is pretty clear from the Nation Pack Vote that the community and developer tends to like the European and Middle East as theatres for new nations (and there really isn't much more that could be added by the Asian theatre, though a scenario involving the Indochina Peninsula and Oceania could be okay I suppose) that I'm hoping that we will see a third and fourth nation pack that has more Redfor (looking at you India, Iran, and Vietnam) involved with a little blue (Italy was the next highest Bluefor nation, perfect to combat Yugoslavia in a theoretical battle/war). That would give you 14 Blufor and 11 Redfor nations, a little closer to being numerically balanced.

Going further, I really wish we could get some more maps that are more European/Middle Eastern/Mediterranean inspired landscapes. Something that involves the Fulda Gap, Northern Plains of Germany, Israel (Golan Heights/Sinai Peninsula/Palestine), and Yugoslavia/Italy, basically the other three major theatres of war that would be involved with these nations and the others in the game (I like to think of WARGAME: RED DRAGON as a continuation of the first two games). Maybe we could see a rerelease of this great game that has new maps and campaigns along with better models of units already in game (give a discount to players that already have Standard Red Dragons edition, I know I would buy it!) as WARGAME: RED DRAGON GLOBAL CONFLICT (or make it an expansion pack).

Regardless, it is great to see so much love for a game that is about 2.5 years old, perhaps this game could follow the models of other releases that have long "shelf" lives by balance (meta changes) and releasing new Nations for it.
Give me Freedom or give me Death.

Versedhorizon
Corporal

Postby Versedhorizon » Tue 29 Nov 2016 02:03

RIP SOVKOR Support. You were a fun 'playable' deck in the brief time the Chonma-ho V was available.

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Tue 29 Nov 2016 02:05

RoadkillRodger wrote:
kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
RoadkillRodger wrote:Personally I'd rather see a reversion to the aimtime nerf. 2/card is normally unnecessary.
And make it a defensive tool again? How about no.

At 1/card I think it's workable. Soviets haven't been meta for a while, and unless something else changes the recent patches haven't been doing them many favors. One way or the other it's a flavor unit which allowed them to compensate for some pretty significant weaknesses previously.

I'd also suggest buffing the RPO to 5 HE (it's more significantly powerful than the Flash).

God no. I love the USSR but Spetz have no reason being anything more than adequate with the current RPO load out.

ALEX8
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby ALEX8 » Tue 29 Nov 2016 02:34

Sgt._Pepper wrote:Finally, we've been waiting for this moment for years.

DanJLloyd wrote:Requests to add Chinese equipment from the 2000s incoming

If you read the Red Dragons thread then you will find people asking Eugen to remove the 2000s units, to replace them with older ones.

No true, some people here with +1000 posts ask stuff that someone like me with +3000 hours of game play completely oppose. I'd love to see new units but I know its not happening. This is the problem with this game, Eugen would rather listens more to those with +1000 posts than those who actually play this game feverishly.

scottslater
Corporal

Postby scottslater » Tue 29 Nov 2016 02:42

ALEX8 wrote:
Sgt._Pepper wrote:Finally, we've been waiting for this moment for years.

DanJLloyd wrote:Requests to add Chinese equipment from the 2000s incoming

If you read the Red Dragons thread then you will find people asking Eugen to remove the 2000s units, to replace them with older ones.

No true, some people here with +1000 posts ask stuff that someone like me with +3000 hours of game play completely oppose. I'd love to see new units but I know its not happening. This is the problem with this game, Eugen would rather listens more to those with +1000 posts than those who actually play this game feverishly.

Better yet, let people vote on stuff like this. Eugen can "prioritize" from there on different things, i.e. Dragon Buffs, adding newer modern units, etc.
Give me Freedom or give me Death.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 29 Nov 2016 02:47

scottslater wrote:
ALEX8 wrote:No true, some people here with +1000 posts ask stuff that someone like me with +3000 hours of game play completely oppose. I'd love to see new units but I know its not happening. This is the problem with this game, Eugen would rather listens more to those with +1000 posts than those who actually play this game feverishly.

Better yet, let people vote on stuff like this. Eugen can "prioritize" from there on different things, i.e. Dragon Buffs, adding newer modern units, etc.

I assure you, I have played plenty (almost 1300 hours) and I know Razzman has played plenty more than I have. :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Tue 29 Nov 2016 02:49

ALEX8 wrote:

Eugen listens to anyone?
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

triumph
Major

Postby triumph » Tue 29 Nov 2016 02:50

May RD, mostly China, become a beast with the death of S K A.
Transcend Excellence

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”