DOUBLE NATION PACK: REDS, THE FULL ARMY LIST (1/2) YUGOSLAVIA

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Re: DOUBLE NATION PACK: REDS, THE FULL ARMY LIST (1/2) YUGOSLAVIA

Postby Zomba69 » Tue 29 Nov 2016 20:30

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
Zomba69 wrote:Yugo that is my dream come true (especially as it is so realistic).
uwot

I do not comment statistics that I did not see. But the selection of units to add and models and skins so far are realistic. I mean, Eugen even made the effort to add Sabre, WW2 staff and even BOV with rocket pods... Those who speaks the language can easily check on Yugo military forums (or literature) that this composition of JNA is very (not 100%) realistic.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Tue 29 Nov 2016 20:41

One things that's very unrealistic is Oganj firing napalm rockets instead of HE which can be easily 8HE, while Plamen fires 8HE rockets which should be 6HE. Oganj never had incendiary rockets nor were they ever considered.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 29 Nov 2016 20:46

nuke92 wrote:One things that's very unrealistic is Oganj firing napalm rockets instead of HE which can be easily 8HE, while Plamen fires 8HE rockets which should be 6HE. Oganj never had incendiary rockets nor were they ever considered.

Waiting for tomorrow's patch to see what changes, and will present the final report.

Madmat probably rolls his eyes when he sees an e-mail from me by now :roll: :lol:

On an unrelated note, I am actually tempted to send a jar of Eurocrem - the Yugoslav Nutella to Eugens office, next time I go to Serbia. It has +1 AP, so tasty :lol:
Last edited by HrcAk47 on Tue 29 Nov 2016 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

FatRefrigerator
Corporal

Postby FatRefrigerator » Tue 29 Nov 2016 20:48

nuke92 wrote:One things that's very unrealistic is Oganj firing napalm rockets instead of HE which can be easily 8HE, while Plamen fires 8HE rockets which should be 6HE. Oganj never had incendiary rockets nor were they ever considered.

I mean Eugen's backstory for Wargame is that it's in an alternate timeline where the Cold War escalates, so maybe that would've been a thing. Also makes me wonder why they prototype both Vihor's because of the dissolution of the country when in this alternate timeline that might've not happened.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 29 Nov 2016 20:54

FatRefrigerator wrote:

I mean Eugen's backstory for Wargame is that it's in an alternate timeline where the Cold War escalates, so maybe that would've been a thing. Also makes me wonder why they prototype both Vihor's because of the dissolution of the country when in this alternate timeline that might've not happened.

8 HE in the tiny rocket Plamen uses is... pretty over the top. Its strike is considered equivalent to a 120 mm mortar shell. So, that one will have to go, I guess ;)

Also, I am okay with proto Vihors. Happy to have them in at any availability.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Tue 29 Nov 2016 21:00

FatRefrigerator wrote:

In both timelines Vihor is in prototype phase. The only thing to change would be late 90s stuff which would be finished a lot earlier.

If there's no incendiary ammo you can't make such unit, the Finnish BM-21 has at least these missiles. One long range NPLM arty is enough. They aren't very usefull and still anoying.

Plamen should be an expensive 120mm mortar replacement.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 29 Nov 2016 21:06

Zomba69 wrote:I do not comment statistics that I did not see. But the selection of units to add and models and skins so far are realistic. I mean, Eugen even made the effort to add Sabre, WW2 staff and even BOV with rocket pods... Those who speaks the language can easily check on Yugo military forums (or literature) that this composition of JNA is very (not 100%) realistic.
Realistic would mean no cancelled programs. Eugen was very nice to Yugo with the units they decided to include, even a paper airplane. Yugo draws faithfully from source material for an interesting what if faction, but it is not realistic. Realistic minors would be awful and no fun to play.

HrcAk47 wrote:
8 HE in the tiny rocket Plamen uses is... pretty over the top. Its strike is considered equivalent to a 120 mm mortar shell. So, that one will have to go, I guess ;)

Is there a reason the Plamen has such good dispersion btw?

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 29 Nov 2016 21:11

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:

Is there a reason the Plamen has such good dispersion btw?

Not final stat, don't worry. Its "accuracy" is primarily a function of really low range. It will get broadened up, and HE nerfed.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Tue 29 Nov 2016 21:19

Novi was more than just paper. This is the functional cockpit:
Spoiler : :
novi-avion.jpg

here again:

and the place where it was born. To this day biggest and most advanced facility of it's kind in this part of Europe.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 29 Nov 2016 21:38

HrcAk47 wrote:Not final stat, don't worry. Its "accuracy" is primarily a function of really low range. It will get broadened up, and HE nerfed.
Ah.

nuke92 wrote:Novi was more than just paper. This is the functional cockpit:
Unless you were planning on making a box with a rocket stuck on the end with some sensors on it, then the Novi is still mostly paper. It is less implausible than the Chimera, but it's not far from the tree.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”