New DLC, first impressions

thenosh
Lieutenant

New DLC, first impressions

Postby thenosh » Fri 2 Dec 2016 00:58

This thread is meant to gather some first impressions of the new DLC. I'd like to have people say what game mode they played since it'd add a lot to the overall understanding of their experiences.

I'll start right away:

Medium/low point 10v10 on smaller maps (Seems like a ton of complete one side stacked games tonight, barely able to find a reasonable match)

Pros:

Finnland and Yugoslavia feel like unique nations and not just copy paste ones. Overall, good job!
I like the new abilities like the long range snipers or the Quadbike, adds quite a bit.
It's a nice tank setup, very strong. Wondering where the meta will go with those new tanks.

Cons:

The arty spam has become real. (Once again) Mostly the yugoslavian artillery is all over the place.
The overall non-radar anti air of yugoslavia might be a bit too strong. Blufor Helicopters suffered a lot!

What are your experiences so far?
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

Spielführer
Second-Lieutenant

Re: New DLC, first impressions

Postby Spielführer » Fri 2 Dec 2016 01:11

That it is the first time, that it is easier to get a game as nato than before :]

Else, the non radar anti air is kinda heavy. Overall, those both nations are nice playable but also a bit over the top imho. Yugoslavian tanks are outstanding, the non radar anti air is brutal. Finnish infantry is very good.
Soldier of passion. Diplom rerum militarium

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Fri 2 Dec 2016 01:24

Besides the obvious bugs and balancing thats been touched upon its quite a success as far as I can see.

One thing thats been brought up is the new additional unit types that are being slowly added to the new decks. Plenty of players would pay for a general update to the older nations (BWP-95 for Poland :( )

Based on Eugens support of the DLC content it seems that the player base strongly supports the additional content; Its a shame really that Eugen hasnt paid that much attention to our suggestions to implement DLCs years ago :roll:

Happy for Eugen and ready to financially support them for more content :mrgreen:

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Fri 2 Dec 2016 01:29

I'm enjoying it, a lot.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

mvp7
Master Sergeant

Postby mvp7 » Fri 2 Dec 2016 02:24

Really enjoying the DLC. I especially like how well the new coalitions work, the selected nations really manage to cover each others biggest weaknesses.

JohnDaBarr
Sergeant

Postby JohnDaBarr » Fri 2 Dec 2016 02:52

Played with Yugo couple of times tonight and the nation has a unique feel.

-Infantry is solid and performs well, most notable is the OT M60PB with recoilless rifles that really offers good fire support to infantry.
(Note: OT-TAB71 needs an avail buff to minimum of 5, Moto is handicapped otherwise)

-Support is excellent, Neva is a Neva minus micro, Praćka is good but micro intensive so most will probably prefer the Sava. Arty is basically the same with the exception for Plamen S which fires 1/3 of its rockets per salvo and therefore delivers three solid punches in short order. Still most notable is the smoke that can cover really A LOT of ground.
(Note to self: Up-meta everyone and use regular Nevas since no one will bother with Sead :D)

-Tanks are quite good but didn't see anything noteworthy.

-Recon is good. Senke performed as advertised and M84 AN proved to be as good as it seems, works best as a partner to Vihor A. Hidden gem is the Grejhound as recon and fire support.

-Vehicle tab is generally meh, Raketaš, Helket and Džekson are good cheap fire support imo.

-Heli tab at first glance looks really bad but Gamas (1 and 2) with couple of Heras 2 and HT 40 can make quite a nasty heli rush with points to spare. (See pic)
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_5.png (167.14 KiB) Viewed 1812 times

-Planes are really good. Both L19 and L18 perform well. N 62M Super Galeb is now probably the best tank killer for that price. L15 can be a good tool for sniping but don't expect it to survive.

Some tweak are in order but all in all good job Eugen :D
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.

serg123
Sergeant Major

Postby serg123 » Fri 2 Dec 2016 03:00

i was enjoyed by smoke mlrs. I personally found it wonderful.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Fri 2 Dec 2016 09:22

My impression is bad. Very bad. Eugen simply throwed totally fantasy and unicorn units into DB without considering any balance and realism.

• This way could happen that ASF power of FIN or YUG is stonger ALONE than China + DPRK together...
  • New red ASFs can kill with 2 hits while the Gripen + DAN F-16 + Mirage-2000C still suffers from 5+4 HE issue becaus Eguen still did not standardized the SR IR AAM dmg...
  • A nation on red side can have better AIM-9M that states in NATO...
  • New red tanks have better stab that in USSR or even Western countries. I had to learn that YUG and FIN was almost superpowers and US should buy AGM or more stuff to them according the database of the game...
  • After NL is continued to giving hell OP recon tanks. While every other nation have crap recon tanks the ne YUG stuff is simply funny. M1A1 is just 15 CP more expensive and has only +2FAV. While the YUG rec tank have 19AP + 15 FAV and VG (!!!) optics.

Rather adding very uniqe capabilites for some units Eugen simply did as usual. Giving f***** OP fantasy units, this is more easier...

Why was not some creatie new units? For ex. guerilla tradition of YUG maybe some different and uniqe if. could be added. What inf? For ex. milita with 30 km/h moving speed and best stealth, of amphi capable 2 man sniper team which can "swim", infantry unit with both RPG and flame weapons, etc. Instead of this YUG and FIN has more advanced than than US or USSR in many aspects...

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Fri 2 Dec 2016 09:48

I like the model quality alot.

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Fri 2 Dec 2016 09:59

Guggy wrote:I like the model quality alot.

Some complained they looked unfinished? However it seems they introduced weathering?
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”