The Next Big Thing for Wargame

scottslater
Corporal

Re: The Next Big Thing for Wargame

Postby scottslater » Sat 3 Dec 2016 05:23

I will update the opening post as well, but I was not talking about the next Wargame. These are things that I would like to see done for Wargame: Red Dragon to flesh it out and give it that final touch before we move on. Some of these things wouldn't be a big deal if it was easy for us to mod the game, but alas it isn't and I am looking to the developer to fill out the rosters of the OG Nations so that they feel more like the DLC Nations. The first step I feel is rerolling tanks into recon tanks.
Give me Freedom or give me Death.

scottslater
Corporal

Postby scottslater » Sat 3 Dec 2016 16:59

Another thing that I would like to see is Command Infantry added to Armor Decks like they are for Finland and Yugoslavia.
Give me Freedom or give me Death.

rednotdead
Corporal

Postby rednotdead » Mon 5 Dec 2016 09:38

Command infantry should be 2 or 3 man - currently they are too survivable and the "go-to" CV type: once in a city block they are real hard to spot and dig out. Perhaps they should be a little pricier.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Mon 5 Dec 2016 10:53

rednotdead wrote:Command infantry should be 2 or 3 man - currently they are too survivable and the "go-to" CV type: once in a city block they are real hard to spot and dig out. Perhaps they should be a little pricier.

availability.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

rednotdead
Corporal

Postby rednotdead » Tue 6 Dec 2016 04:34

QUAD wrote:
rednotdead wrote:Command infantry should be 2 or 3 man - currently they are too survivable and the "go-to" CV type: once in a city block they are real hard to spot and dig out. Perhaps they should be a little pricier.

availability.

Sure, but in your standard, say, 3v3 game, the vast majority of deployed CV types will be infantry - any one player is not likely to exhaust his 3 CV infantry.

FUBAR1939
Warrant Officer

Postby FUBAR1939 » Tue 6 Dec 2016 17:50

McNash wrote:
FUBAR1939 wrote:The next big thing for Wargame will be W WWII, a famous youtuber already called it.

Ment of Arms, Company of Heroes, Ruse, Blitzkrieg, Commandos, Close Combat, Sudden Strike, Axis & Allies.

And most of them are series, not individual games, but series with many iterations.

Do you really think we need more WW2 games?

I dont want another WWII game man lol, hell no.

I want Wargame 4 to be set on modern days, by 2010 max!

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 6 Dec 2016 19:37

FUBAR1939 wrote:I want Wargame 4 to be set on modern days, by 2010 max!

Then pretty much everything they put into the game is a guess on stats and hypes up the nationalism to a nice 42/10.
Courtesy of KattiValk

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Tue 6 Dec 2016 19:43

Falcrack wrote:My wish list for the next Wargame:

1. Custom, or at least much more varied, loadouts for aircraft. You select an airframe (it has a base price), and there are available loadouts that differ in cost based on the weapons. For example, AIM-120 would be 10 points each, AIM-9L 5 points each, LGB 15 points each, you get the idea. Each airframe could choose from 5-10 different loadouts for different missions, which are historically accurate. This way, we would not know what type of mission an aircraft would be performing just by seeing "F-16" for the unit name.

2. Pop-up smoke for units which had it, auto ability which has chance for activation based on unit veterancy

3. Ability to generate smoke for longer term (like tanks creating smoke screens, at the price of increased fuel usage)

4. Delay for calling in air units

5. Delay at start of match for artillery firing (rid us of the cancer of blind firing on roads at the start of the match plz)

6. Option for jamming pods on planes which have the effect of reducing accuracy of radar missiles for the plane, multiple jamming pods can also provide an ECM boost to nearby allied planes within a given radius as well.

7. Longer fuel times (maybe 2x current values)

9. Dynamic campaign similar to RD but with multiplayer (vs or coop), campaign editor, and can play either side for campaign. Bring it back to Europe. Additional linear story driven (non-dynamic) campaign to satisfy demands of those who want it.

10. Infantry can dig in (activated ability which increases their "armor" as long as they remain stationary, takes a few minutes to complete)

11. Counterbattery radar units which can spot location of firing artillery. A ping which last for several seconds appears next to the spot where arty or rockets fired from.

12. Much less visibility to player of incoming artillery, maybe arty and rockets only become visible in the last quarter of their flight, or when they get close enough to be seen by player units. Reduced visibility to player of enemy launched ATGMs, seeing ATGMs in flight should require some recon to see like other units. Same goes for smoke, bombs, napalm, smoke from rocket launches, etc, they all require recon to see. So unless you have good recon, you may not be able to see that incoming ATGM until it is right on top of you.

13. VISIBLE WAYPOINTS. Highlight unit, press shift, and you can see where the unit(s) have been ordered to go, and the route they will take to get there. Press shift when selecting units, and you can drag waypoints around. Waypoints for vehicles moved close to roads will snap to roads to use them preferentially. Ability to issue commands at certain waypoints ahead of time (like load/unload), which is currently implemented, but would become visible with this

14. Range circles for selected units, for weapons range, line of sight, etc.

15. Drop naval, retain amphibious ability for some units, fewer bridges for maps in general.

16. Engineering units which can create temporary, destructable bridges. Regular bridges are destructable.

17. Command vehicle concept radically changed, CV are still required to continue fighting, but no longer needed to capture zones. If your last personal cv dies in a team game, your units are inherited by another player, and you are out of the game. Large price decrease for CV units, but verylimited availability. Zones capture is decided simply by presence of land units, becomes contested when land units from different sides are in the same zone.

18. Starting zone never changes sides or is contested, at least one air corridor and land reinforcement route is always open.

19. Unit inheritance rules changed, player inherits friendly units based on proximity to their own units, not the order in the lobby.

20. Global rating based on wins/loss which scales according to the strength of your opponent (ie wins vs stronger opponents gives larger increase in rating, losses to weaker opponents gives larger loss in rating). In lobby, a quality score based on aggregate rating of all players to help ensure balanced games. Option to host unrated games where game outcome does not affect rating and which rating is not visible.

21. Enemy units which have been spotted require less recon ability to keep eyes on them, as long as there is still line of sight. If a recon unit dies, the tank with bad optics can still see it since it was informed previously of the enemy location. If the tank can see well enough to fire on it, it should be able to keep eyes on it even if the spotting unit which saw it first died.

A new game that simply adds new nations or new units would be a waste, gameplay changes like some I listed would go a long way to improving the game, in my opinion.

+1
CB radar can easily take a command slot plus some radar recon units with exceptional optics could as well easily.

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Tue 6 Dec 2016 19:44

Mike wrote:
FUBAR1939 wrote:I want Wargame 4 to be set on modern days, by 2010 max!

Then pretty much everything they put into the game is a guess on stats and hypes up the nationalism to a nice 42/10.

I wonder how far they could push the timeline without getting into imaginationland. As things stand it's already a little odd to be speculating on the armor composition of things like a Chally 2.

cuski
Sergeant

Postby cuski » Tue 6 Dec 2016 20:22

Anyone else thinks WW1 Wargame would be hilarious? :lol:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”