Playing against Pubstomps (and regarding MRLS)

Gandhi
Corporal

Re: Playing against Pubstomps (and regarding MRLS)

Postby Gandhi » Wed 7 Dec 2016 18:42

Mako wrote:The plamen is like a better burrito, insta stun whenever you want it at a moments notice

Maybe, but that is not why I fell in love with it. The instant wide-area smoke is just wonderful... Pack a big horde of Proletari in the cheapest transports, fast move them towards enemy, have three Plamen instasmog the whole approach and enemy lines just before the transports get sighted, unload in contact, attack move - profit ! No warning, just sudden loss of vision with zombies everywhere... Plamen makes human wave tactics viable... Too precious to waste on mere HE drizzles !

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Wed 7 Dec 2016 20:02

Partibrejker wrote:I think that the biggest problem with MLRS is that people that are being shot by MLRS cannot learn after all this time to stop pretending that the game is WW1 trench simulator, and that they, always, and I shall repeat always have a tendency to cluster up a lot of their stuff in "captain obvious" woods and places and have 0 will to reposition their units. MLRS 1st should've taught them by now to reposition and not clunk up in obvious places, so sometimes instead of them putting everything in woods that is -always- going to get MLRSed put something behind the woods, or sometimes actually teleport the units around the city blocks. When I learned to do that the amount of my units that got destroyed to MLRS has dropped by 89043589765487654803426545978065890432956890657908 percent.

I had 1 Transport Merkava avoid 3 different multi-smerch barrages while still staying in the same forest, All it takes is seeing the rockets coming in and triangulation of the salvo, and STAY OUT OF THE BUBBLE.

R3d Sh4mbala
Sergeant Major

Postby R3d Sh4mbala » Wed 7 Dec 2016 20:09

Seryn wrote:
Partibrejker wrote:I think that the biggest problem with MLRS is that people that are being shot by MLRS cannot learn after all this time to stop pretending that the game is WW1 trench simulator, and that they, always, and I shall repeat always have a tendency to cluster up a lot of their stuff in "captain obvious" woods and places and have 0 will to reposition their units. MLRS 1st should've taught them by now to reposition and not clunk up in obvious places, so sometimes instead of them putting everything in woods that is -always- going to get MLRSed put something behind the woods, or sometimes actually teleport the units around the city blocks. When I learned to do that the amount of my units that got destroyed to MLRS has dropped by 89043589765487654803426545978065890432956890657908 percent.

I had 1 Transport Merkava avoid 3 different multi-smerch barrages while still staying in the same forest, All it takes is seeing the rockets coming in and triangulation of the salvo, and STAY OUT OF THE BUBBLE.

^This point.
Until you meet that one player who likes using the minimum range mechanic.

But you hardly if ever see Grads. Too slow. But I do see the Israeli napalm nightmare alot. [But I pity the user, those things drain FOBs extremely fast.]

And Razzman, can you tell us the status of MLRS vs. the BETA era? I keep hearing some weird story about the Smerch once was a 22AP per shot Cluster and before that 15HE. And that there was 10x the MLRS options before some the larger DLC was added.

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Wed 7 Dec 2016 23:17

i miss HE smerch still....
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Wed 7 Dec 2016 23:55

R3d Sh4mbala wrote:
Seryn wrote:

^This point.
Until you meet that one player who likes using the minimum range mechanic.

But you hardly if ever see Grads. Too slow. But I do see the Israeli napalm nightmare alot. [But I pity the user, those things drain FOBs extremely fast.]

And Razzman, can you tell us the status of MLRS vs. the BETA era? I keep hearing some weird story about the Smerch once was a 22AP per shot Cluster and before that 15HE. And that there was 10x the MLRS options before some the larger DLC was added.

Actually smerch still isnt fast enough, Grads are a little easier but the rarity combined with distance makes it difficult, as a fan of DDR, RFA, RD and JP Decks I can say most FSVs people try to MLRS are fast enough to where you can react a little slow and still escape. if unsure where they are aiming at in a forest that is like a narrow plank facing their MLRS, gauge based on altitude of the rockets. If it is Still around max altitude before reaching the forest it is likely aiming behind (where most retreat) or the back (where most retreat or hold their Heavy SAMs). if its really low before getting near it is aiming for yhe front. Simple Ballistics calculations are possible in just a few seconds, And I'm abyssmal at math. :geek: The more you know eh? :mrgreen:

Edit: Made it easier to understand

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”