#FINPOL considerations and possible changes BUFF/NERF?!

Scottz
Corporal

Re: #FINPOL considerations and possible changes BUFF/NERF?!

Postby Scottz » Tue 27 Dec 2016 23:54

Buff Finland by having TOW 2 copter in Mechanized, even Armoured? :roll:

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: #FINPOL considerations and possible changes BUFF/NERF Thread!!!

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 28 Dec 2016 01:50

Hartmann wrote:
Tiera wrote:I'd view it more as a role change than a nerf. With stealth, SMG and a CQC MG they'd be rather nice units for urban combat.

Except for having to retreat them whenever a transport shows up.

It would be the biggest nerf imaginable, squad would be useless. They'd lose against a single militia squad if that squad just stuck inside its transport. The fact that they can defend themselves against anything coming at them is their value. Formoza and seals are already questionable, but even they can somewhat defend themselves against the lightest vehicles.

Without even the grenade launcher they'd be literally helpless in all scenarios where they have to fight.

Well, I guess that makes all AA infantry useless. Also, I guess all infantry that's not AA infantry is useless because they'll be slaughtered by any infantry unit that stays in its Hind :). I think we have to look at this as a very fundamental rerole. They're not supposed to be able to fight things alone behind enemy lines in the same way as they did, they instead act as a powerful support unit to your other combat arms in exactly the way that recon infantry should. Less of the Andy McNab bollocks, more of the force multiplication.

I think it's conceptually really very interesting. It's at least worth a try for a patch and then they can be moved back to the current loadout if nobody likes it.

The other thing is that this would make Finland kings of everywhere that vehicles cannot go, which as I understand it is pretty much the whole idea.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

QUAD
Colonel

Re: #FINPOL considerations and possible changes BUFF/NERF Thread!!!

Postby QUAD » Wed 28 Dec 2016 09:05

FrangibleCover wrote:
Hartmann wrote:
Tiera wrote:I'd view it more as a role change than a nerf. With stealth, SMG and a CQC MG they'd be rather nice units for urban combat.

Except for having to retreat them whenever a transport shows up.

It would be the biggest nerf imaginable, squad would be useless. They'd lose against a single militia squad if that squad just stuck inside its transport. The fact that they can defend themselves against anything coming at them is their value. Formoza and seals are already questionable, but even they can somewhat defend themselves against the lightest vehicles.

Without even the grenade launcher they'd be literally helpless in all scenarios where they have to fight.

Well, I guess that makes all AA infantry useless. Also, I guess all infantry that's not AA infantry is useless because they'll be slaughtered by any infantry unit that stays in its Hind :). I think we have to look at this as a very fundamental rerole. They're not supposed to be able to fight things alone behind enemy lines in the same way as they did, they instead act as a powerful support unit to your other combat arms in exactly the way that recon infantry should. Less of the Andy McNab bollocks, more of the force multiplication.

I think it's conceptually really very interesting. It's at least worth a try for a patch and then they can be moved back to the current loadout if nobody likes it.

The other thing is that this would make Finland kings of everywhere that vehicles cannot go, which as I understand it is pretty much the whole idea.

IMO Sissi infantry could use the Igla. (And Rangers Stinger.)
Mobile Units Operational :!:

Scottz
Corporal

Postby Scottz » Wed 28 Dec 2016 09:20

Immersion-wise sissis are light recon units capable of harassment & ambushes with LAWs, mines and explosives. Raikka is rather heavy artillery for them, but does more than mere M72A5. While RK62 and M72 would be more closer to truth, current implementation brings more flavour.

Tiera
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tiera » Wed 28 Dec 2016 13:39

The name is there for meme potential, but don't let it fool you. Realism-wise these unit represent a combination of Sissi units in platoon-level raid loadout, and force recon units such as Panssaritiedustelu combined into one.

Scottz
Corporal

Postby Scottz » Sun 15 Jan 2017 15:02

Might've been suggested before, but would it benefit (and be historically accurate to some degree) Komandosi to have their RPG-16D changed to RPO Rys to make them more efficient 15-man urban cleaning squads?

Erwin12824
Staff Sergeant

Postby Erwin12824 » Sun 15 Jan 2017 17:20

why would you price nerf the bushmaster 2 vehicles?
like they run out of ammo so fast

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Sun 15 Jan 2017 17:33

Erwin12824 wrote:why would you price nerf the bushmaster 2 vehicles?
like they run out of ammo so fast

Bushmaster 2 is probably overall one of the best autocannons in the game, part of the holy trinity with KBA and late 2A42.

Compare to Bushmaster 1 and laugh.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sun 15 Jan 2017 23:47

Scottz wrote:Might've been suggested before, but would it benefit (and be historically accurate to some degree) Komandosi to have their RPG-16D changed to RPO Rys to make them more efficient 15-man urban cleaning squads?

No it wont. RPO Rys are terrible. Remember firing them means you are not firing your MG. and every transports becomes kommandosi's predator.
Of Salt

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 16 Jan 2017 00:35

another505 wrote:
Scottz wrote:Might've been suggested before, but would it benefit (and be historically accurate to some degree) Komandosi to have their RPG-16D changed to RPO Rys to make them more efficient 15-man urban cleaning squads?

No it wont. RPO Rys are terrible. Remember firing them means you are not firing your MG. and every transports becomes kommandosi's predator.

What about replacing the MG with an RPO? Too much?
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”