Why does the Moderna only have 55% accuracy?

Mako
General

Why does the Moderna only have 55% accuracy?

Postby Mako » Sat 3 Dec 2016 04:19

Did it have a really awful FCS or something? What's up with this value?
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Guggy
General

Re: Why does the Moderna only have 55% accuracy?

Postby Guggy » Sat 3 Dec 2016 04:28

Not the right kind of Slav.

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Sat 3 Dec 2016 04:36

Because it's Redfor. Compare to the 1974 Leopard 1A4. :lol:

Also if you want to dig deeper, I think in the game it's using the same FCS as the T-72B? And only gets the extra 5% for newer ammo or something? They pretty much could have given the Moderna whatever stats they wanted and they decided to give it accuracy that you hardly find on any BLU tank 50 points or above(I think there are two, Strv 103B and Magach 7).

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Sat 3 Dec 2016 04:44

Same FCS as T-72B with only an additional thermal sleave on the gun barrel or some shit.

Nothing was found that suggests that they did much to improve its accuracy, although I believe a Slovakian company helped the Poles with the FCS of the Twardy. There is nothing I can remember that says they did the same with the Moderna tho. My memory is imperfect however, and I am only recalling the research that others did.

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Sat 3 Dec 2016 05:04

Moderna also has below average rate of fire. People think it's a super heavy, but it loses to any real super heavy so...
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Postby Mister Maf » Sat 3 Dec 2016 08:41

Yeah, as much as I love the Moderna, it can only really take on other tanks of its class with the armored deck veterancy bonus. It's much better at mulching things weaker than it by combining its cannon and autocannon to attack multiple targets at once that can't fire back at its heavy armor.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sat 3 Dec 2016 08:46

raventhefuhrer wrote:Moderna also has below average rate of fire. People think it's a super heavy, but it loses to any real super heavy so...

well... it is 3 per card

(screw you leclerc and chally 2, drop back to 2!)
Of Salt

CommanderDef
Sergeant Major

Postby CommanderDef » Sat 3 Dec 2016 11:03

Moderna is a paper prototype, it's actually not easy to find something about it. I would like to believe that they worked on FCS as well (logical?), but I couldn't find any proof. There was also a project of T72M with T21, simplyfied Leclerc turret. In the end, Czech army has T72M4CZ which is said to have FCS as good as T90. But that tank was made with Israeli help, and I believe FCS is actually their job.

In game you have to use Armored deck to hit stuff. It still losses to superheavy like Leo2A5 in 1v1 fight. So don't duel anything heavy :), have a Dyna behind it. That autocannon is very handy. Also, when playing just CSSR you get 4 of them, together with two cards of T72S. CSSR armored only sucks in SPAAG and ASF department, compensated by two cards of super-effective KUB-M4 and lacks Line'90, or shock infantry.
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...
Spoiler : :

Azrael
Private First-Class

Postby Azrael » Sat 3 Dec 2016 11:40

LOL Moderna is not paper protype. Yes is it prototype but was build. In 2 Versions

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Sat 3 Dec 2016 20:46

another505 wrote:well... it is 3 per card

(screw you leclerc and chally 2, drop back to 2!)

Chally 2 is four per card :lol: By the way, I love that the Challenger 2 is four per card. That's what all super heavies should be, to be honest. Then suicide ATGM planes wouldn't be as meta.

If a player as two ATGM planes, and an opponent has four super heavies, you've got to be really careful about trading your ATGM planes. For most of the game, you've been able to do a 1:1 trade between planes and tanks to neuter your opponent's tank capabilities. Sacrifice one MiG-27 for one M1A2 and at the end he has no M1A2 and you still have a MiG-27.

Planes should be by far the least available units.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”