Eugen should take a look at tank acc

Vestly
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Eugen should take a look at tank acc

Postby Vestly » Mon 5 Dec 2016 17:31

It seems like you dont know what you are talking about. First read something about Moderna and Vihor, then talk.

The only thing I expect is some kind of a logic behind all these tank acc. Until now, I though of it as some kind of game flavour, that most of the redfor tanks cant hit anything, but since newly added T-72s derivates have 70acc and since Moderna and Vihor had comparable FCS, I dont really see a reason, why Moderna still stands at 55 acc.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 5 Dec 2016 17:46

Vestly wrote:It seems like you dont know what you are talking about. First read something about Moderna and Vihor, then talk.

The only thing I expect is some kind of a logic behind all these tank acc. Until now, I though of it as some kind of game flavour, that most of the redfor tanks cant hit anything, but since newly added T-72s derivates have 70acc and since Moderna and Vihor had comparable FCS, I dont really see a reason, why Moderna still stands at 55 acc.

I have read about the Moderna. They barely upgraded the FCS. We looked for reasons to upgrade it.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 5 Dec 2016 17:49

Vestly wrote:Moderna and Vihor had comparable FCS

Source?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 5 Dec 2016 17:50

Razzmann wrote:

Source?

His ass.
Courtesy of KattiValk

GodofHellfire
Second-Lieutenant

Postby GodofHellfire » Mon 5 Dec 2016 17:54

1 2 3 memes ?

Thanks kiheerSEDMAN for the custom profile sig

TAP INTO... THE POWER

Vestly
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Vestly » Mon 5 Dec 2016 18:37

Razzmann wrote:

Source?

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product.php?prodID=1221&printmode=1
http://www.ztsspecial.sk/en/special-production/125-mm-tank-gun-2a46-2a46ms-t-72
http://forum.valka.cz/topic/view/29016/SVK-T-72M2-Moderna - slovak language
etc.

The older version (T-72M1A) already got Slovenian EFCS3. After the break-up of Yugoslavia, Slovenians upgraded their M84 with the same fcs (EFCS3)

In game we have T-72M2 Moderna with TIGS (you can clearly see it on the model), which is even better then EFCS3. Moderna also has new main gun, etc.

Mike wrote:His ass.

What would we do without a knowledgeable person like you, who always adds a lot to the topic?

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Postby Steamfunk » Mon 5 Dec 2016 21:39

The only thing I expect is some kind of a logic behind all these tank acc.

There really isn't any objective data to support the accuracy/stab stats other than the % deviation which is marginal at most ranges. FCS is like a coffee maker - it either works or it doesn't (feel free to quote that, guys and gals). From my experience of Wargame EE, tanks with lighter armour and weaker firepower usually got higher accuracy than 'heavies', and some other bonuses.

Case A -

Acc.jpg
Acc.jpg (162.91 KiB) Viewed 941 times

The Chieftain actually uses an LRF, whereas the AMX has a coincidence rangefinder.

B -

Acc2.jpg
Acc2.jpg (162.15 KiB) Viewed 932 times

The T-64B has all the features of a modern FCS, yet it has the same accuracy as the M60A1 AOS, which is literally an M60 with a stabiliser tacked on (otherwise all it had was coincidence rangefinder described above).

Re: M-84 - the basic model has mediocre armour and no ATGM, and in fact the most modern APFSDS round available is a copy of BM-15, which dates from the early 70s.. it's no surprise that they choose to compensate for these well-known weaknesses.

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Mon 5 Dec 2016 22:15

It's always interesting to look at how unit stat changed with the times:

The Chieftain is the tank whose accuracy got the biggest buff, it went from 35% to 60%, while the AMX-30B was the only one that became worse.(50% to 40%)

The accuracy of the M60A1 AOS did not change, the T-64B received a 10% boost for the gun and 5% for the ATGM.

It seems accuracy in ALB was based more on flavour(French tanks are accurate for example) than on reality.

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Postby Steamfunk » Mon 5 Dec 2016 22:31

The Chieftain is the tank whose accuracy got the biggest buff, it went from 35% to 60%, while the AMX-30B was the only one that became worse.(50% to 40%)

It changed again after the autoloader patch, although Blufor autoloaders like Leclerc have top accuracy and are for some reason immune to the 9 RPM limit.
Last edited by Steamfunk on Mon 5 Dec 2016 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Mon 5 Dec 2016 22:36

Steamfunk wrote:

It changed again after the autoloader patch, although Blufor autoloaders like Leclerc have top accuracy and are for some reason immune to the 9 RPM limit imposed on Soviet tanks.

What do you mean it changed again? These are the current numbers. The 9 RPM are due to worse autoloaders on the T-72 AFAIK, which is also why REDFOR tanks with better autoloaders have better ROF(T-64/80/90, M-84/91).

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”