MLRS resupply should cost entire fob.

throwaway
Lieutenant

Re: MLRS resupply should cost entire fob.

Postby throwaway » Sun 4 Dec 2016 19:07

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:This sounds like an excellent way to grief in 10v10s without getting banned for friendly fire. Just park one Grad/Lars by every FOB and shoom shoom, RIP the team's supply capability.

What would be the best way to do this right now I wonder? A particularly fuel-inefficient 10pt vehicle?

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 4 Dec 2016 20:18

throwaway wrote:
kiheerSEDMAN wrote:This sounds like an excellent way to grief in 10v10s without getting banned for friendly fire. Just park one Grad/Lars by every FOB and shoom shoom, RIP the team's supply capability.

What would be the best way to do this right now I wonder? A particularly fuel-inefficient 10pt vehicle?

Probably a whole support tab of artillery in a support deck,spamming into the sides of mountains so your teammates also have to use their supplies to carry you. Remember to move the guns/MRLs around while they're not firing so you keep them safe from counterbattery (possibly from both teams) and use up some fuel. Might as well also bring in a load of cruddy vehicles and reservists and fire-position them on each other so they have to get repaired and resupplied. Just to make absolutely sure nobody will ever want to play with you again, hover cheap helis over all of the friendly CVs and try to get them shot at by 9 HE SAMs.

Purely hypothetically, of course. Honestly I've never thought about it before but I do remember the absolute cancer that was Cat-C Sweden in ALB with every possible card of Bkans. You got 4 FOBs in that deck and if you didn't run out of supply entirely you weren't cheesing hard enough :lol:. Only for use against the AI though, it's not funny to the other guy.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Sun 4 Dec 2016 21:22

FrangibleCover wrote:Probably a whole support tab of artillery in a support deck,spamming into the sides of mountains so your teammates also have to use their supplies to carry you. Remember to move the guns/MRLs around while they're not firing so you keep them safe from counterbattery (possibly from both teams) and use up some fuel. Might as well also bring in a load of cruddy vehicles and reservists and fire-position them on each other so they have to get repaired and resupplied. Just to make absolutely sure nobody will ever want to play with you again, hover cheap helis over all of the friendly CVs and try to get them shot at by 9 HE SAMs.

Purely hypothetically, of course. Honestly I've never thought about it before but I do remember the absolute cancer that was Cat-C Sweden in ALB with every possible card of Bkans. You got 4 FOBs in that deck and if you didn't run out of supply entirely you weren't cheesing hard enough :lol:. Only for use against the AI though, it's not funny to the other guy.

I have one word for you

Vulcans

by buying nothing but them you can suck 7 FOBS dry in less than a 3 minutes.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Elukka
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Elukka » Sun 4 Dec 2016 21:31

You'd have to make MLRS far more powerful to compensate, and then it would amount to a once in a game ultimate ability that wins or loses it for you. I don't think that would be desirable.

Maybe for realism it should also cost like a couple dozen million dollars per volley depending on which country you're playing. Shit's truly the printer ink of the military industry.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 4 Dec 2016 22:11

trotskygrad wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:Probably a whole support tab of artillery in a support deck,spamming into the sides of mountains so your teammates also have to use their supplies to carry you. Remember to move the guns/MRLs around while they're not firing so you keep them safe from counterbattery (possibly from both teams) and use up some fuel. Might as well also bring in a load of cruddy vehicles and reservists and fire-position them on each other so they have to get repaired and resupplied. Just to make absolutely sure nobody will ever want to play with you again, hover cheap helis over all of the friendly CVs and try to get them shot at by 9 HE SAMs.

I have one word for you

Vulcans

Just tried it.
Number 1: Whoa.
Number 2: You're not buying Vulcans hard enough. With a full support tab of the cheapest ones CPs can buy from the US, South Korea and Israel combined with two cards of CSs you can get 8 FOBs drained in under two minutes. Draining the onboard ammunition actually takes longer.

You could probably cut this down further using more random crap but I think that two minutes is quite enough.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Sun 4 Dec 2016 23:27

But but how will i troll 10v10's if my rocket artillery can't be fired every couple of minutes and every patch of treeline turned into matchsticks :(
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Kastev
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kastev » Mon 5 Dec 2016 00:17

MLRS are nowhere near useful enough to actually cost an entire FOB to use

You're not going to kill an entire army with even a group of MLRS's. The key point to rockets and higher caliber artillery is to suppress. And although suppressing is important, it's not worth 10000 points worth of supply

The only places where MLRS become cancer anyways are 10v10's

Even in 4v4's you don't see much rocket spam unless it's part of some gimmick build

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Mon 5 Dec 2016 00:24

I have no issues with normal HE MLRS.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Mon 5 Dec 2016 00:36

FrangibleCover wrote:
trotskygrad wrote:

I have one word for you

Vulcans

Just tried it.
Number 1: Whoa.
Number 2: You're not buying Vulcans hard enough. With a full support tab of the cheapest ones CPs can buy from the US, South Korea and Israel combined with two cards of CSs you can get 8 FOBs drained in under two minutes. Draining the onboard ammunition actually takes longer.

You could probably cut this down further using more random crap but I think that two minutes is quite enough.

yep, I bought the more expensive ones first so I think I didn't vulcan hard enough

but remember with great power comes great responsibility

I for one will TK anyone with 4 stacks of vulcans I see anywhere near my fob
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

remilia019
Second-Lieutenant

Postby remilia019 » Mon 5 Dec 2016 00:57

No, but perhaps there should be instead, an option to turn off the FoB from being usable by Allies rather than all.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”