About the 2 New Mig-29

CommanderDef
Sergeant Major

Re: About the 2 New Mig-29

Postby CommanderDef » Wed 7 Dec 2016 15:43

Terracos wrote:IRL you dont see your plane as a one way suicide attacker (except you are so desperate like Japan in WW2).
Desperate? No, they tried to be innovative. First guided anti-ship missiles and torpedoes...
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...
Spoiler : :

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 7 Dec 2016 16:04

CommanderDef wrote:
Terracos wrote:IRL you dont see your plane as a one way suicide attacker (except you are so desperate like Japan in WW2).
Desperate? No, they tried to be innovative. First guided anti-ship missiles and torpedoes...

CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Wed 7 Dec 2016 16:57

Xeno426 wrote:
CommanderDef wrote:

Nowadays, people would called them terrorists, especially if they chant the name of certain entity before doing their buisness.
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 7 Dec 2016 16:59

keldon wrote:Nowadays, people would called them terrorists, especially if they chant the name of certain entity before doing their buisness.

I don't know. The kamikazes acted within full authority of their recognized military and government. Most terrorists act well outside any official government or military structure or authority.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Wed 7 Dec 2016 17:06

Xeno426 wrote:
keldon wrote:Nowadays, people would called them terrorists, especially if they chant the name of certain entity before doing their buisness.

I don't know. The kamikazes acted within full authority of their recognized military and government. Most terrorists act well outside any official government or military structure or authority.

Then call them the fanatics of a militaristic regime. They are like Volkssturm, both a product of their time and both with willing and unwilling participants. But never the less the stuff Japan offered were often on a whole different level.

Now back to MiG-29: Just give it 2 more SRAAMs and call it a day.
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

R3d Sh4mbala
Sergeant Major

Postby R3d Sh4mbala » Wed 7 Dec 2016 18:43

Killertomato wrote:
another505 wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:Yes, the RBMK rector was designed by a human so it technically is human error.

Wasnt it because some uneducated engineer that try to push the reactor's limit overboard? Thats what i heard, i never read deep into it

What guggy said + it was exacerbated by the insanely stupid choice to not have a containment structure. With one, it might have been three mile island. Without one, well, it was Chernobyl.

Good points, but I am intrigued by a hypothesis forwarded in the Book "Ferdelance."

The author is an expert on Soviet Era Scalar Electro-Gravitonic Radio Wave Energetic Weaponry. Known as a Scalar Howitzer.

The author says the Russian have been experimenting with such a device in the 50's and the feedback from the device, detonated the radioactive waste site of the Russian A-bomb nearby in the same test facility. :shock:

But the concept as it pertains to Chernobyl, a few miles away was one of the newer Soviet over the horizon radars, which was also capable of use in the scalar wave band. And was part of the "Wood-pecker" network. From what I gathered, one of the beams was bent back, and the resulting electro-gravitonic wave bleed out from the radar site, then traveled through the earth to Chernobyl and then detonated the reactor pile of the one nearest the wave front.

We do know also there is natural nuclear reactors found in Africa. Think Old Faithful connected to a nuclear reactor. :o

nearly 80 years after the atom was split, and we hardly even know what we are doing. Or how the atomic world even works.

Think a baby playing with a vial of nitroglycerin. :? Just one good shake, and you get the picture.

On the subject of the Finnish MiG-29. Either a SRAAM loadout or some sort of ground attack option needs to be given. Its not worth it at its current status.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 7 Dec 2016 20:58

Xeno426 wrote:
CommanderDef wrote:

Be fair, that's pretty damn innovative. Nobody had done anything like it previously.
Innovative doesn't mean good.

R3d Sh4mbala wrote:[Steel Yard did 26/4! Wake up sheeple]

I have to say, that doesn't seem likely. Besides, if it were true why would the cover story be "Our authoritarian government style, idiotic appointment of managers and lax safety procedures blew up the reactor" rather than say "Freak accident, changes made to the design of all similar reactors." Or maybe "CIA did it."

R3d Sh4mbala wrote:On the subject of the Finnish MiG-29. Either a SRAAM loadout or some sort of ground attack option needs to be given. Its not worth it at its current status.

The point about the Finnish MiG coming with R-77 because they wanted to buy 4th gen fighters mostly to get access to the F&F missiles is a good one. How about differentiating it by giving the Finnish MiG a pair of AMRAAMs and some R-73s and the F-18C can get something else. Maybe an R-77 and AIM-9 fighter, maybe LGBs, whatever.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Wed 7 Dec 2016 22:28

Just give it some FAB-500 HE bombs, it doesnt need to be crazy or need a huge change such as affecting multiple planes,

and about yugo Mig-29, if it is going to be 20 ecm, i suggest it drop its missile to 2 R-73 and 2 R-27 , 20ecm, 120pts, 2 elite.

It would be a very powerful plane, I think it will be outright broken if it has 4 R-73 to be 2 elite 120pts. Low survivability for its tier, but high accuracy missiles unlike RDI's 40 ecm, or 30 ecm planes around that range.
but at 20 ecm, 2 per card veteran, between 120 and 135pts i would say it is a pretty bad plane.
Of Salt

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 8 Dec 2016 16:01

FrangibleCover wrote:Be fair, that's pretty damn innovative. Nobody had done anything like it previously.

Last edited by Xeno426 on Thu 8 Dec 2016 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Thu 8 Dec 2016 16:35

Xeno426 wrote:
CommanderDef wrote:

There is a reason the yanks nicknamed it Baka

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”