Units (Within Timeframe!) That You'd Like To See But You Know You Absolutely Won't

FUBAR1939
Warrant Officer

Re: Units (Within Timeframe!) That You'd Like To See But You Know You Absolutely Won't

Postby FUBAR1939 » Tue 6 Dec 2016 17:52

Comanche helicopter.

4 Stingers , 90 points, 300 km, Recon very good or expecptional.

Stillehavet
Sergeant

Re: Units (Within Timeframe!) That You'd Like To See But You Know You Absolutely Won't

Postby Stillehavet » Wed 7 Dec 2016 18:02

beares wrote:What about the Type 96 MPMS (or is that out of scale)?

Well... I don't know that's penetration capacity(AP value). Maybe wheeled ATGM vehicle like Hamer MAPATS, WZ-550?
I'm a Scandinavia player, and my game nickname is #SWE JAS-39 Gripen.
Jag älskar Gripen!

Illusive
Master Sergeant

Postby Illusive » Wed 7 Dec 2016 18:20

Xeno426 wrote:Negative Patriot.

Leave the stats but give it a 50% chance of shooting at your own planes instead of the enemy's. Could also give it a self-induced crit called "Software Bug". :lol:
Typical Forum Expert wrote:Just because I only play destruction doesn't mean my opinion is worthless!
Typical Forum Expert wrote:10v10 is the purest gamemode, 1v1s are clown games that fail to prove someone's true skill level.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Wed 7 Dec 2016 18:24

Illusive wrote:Leave the stats but give it a 50% chance of shooting at your own planes instead of the enemy's. Could also give it a self-induced crit called "Software Bug". :lol:
100% CTH on British aircraft.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 7 Dec 2016 18:38

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
Illusive wrote:Leave the stats but give it a 50% chance of shooting at your own planes instead of the enemy's. Could also give it a self-induced crit called "Software Bug". :lol:

If it flies, it dies!
Courtesy of KattiValk

Illusive
Master Sergeant

Postby Illusive » Wed 7 Dec 2016 18:42

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:

A-10 should just randomly strafe British units.
Typical Forum Expert wrote:Just because I only play destruction doesn't mean my opinion is worthless!
Typical Forum Expert wrote:10v10 is the purest gamemode, 1v1s are clown games that fail to prove someone's true skill level.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 7 Dec 2016 18:55

Sev wrote:Mirage 2000D
Super Mystère
Fiat G.91
British Phantoms
Hawker Hunter
English Electric Lightning
Blakburn Bucanner
Starburst MANPAD team
F-14B and F-14D
Delta '90
US Paratroopers

BRM-3K
Mig-29UB model to allow for more Mig-29 variants for Pact, there can't be too many Mig-29s. :D
Chinese paratroopers

Add PzH2000, that Chinese SPH, and German Eurofighter and you got my list.
(Narc Black actually made some of these in his Wished Dreams mod.)
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

R3d Sh4mbala
Sergeant Major

Postby R3d Sh4mbala » Wed 7 Dec 2016 19:15

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
damoj wrote:The 2S4 Tyulpan is a 240 mm mortar. Given the way howitzers and mortars have been balanced in-game, and the manner in which their projectiles are implemented, there is simply no point in including this very unique piece of equipment. Howitzers will not have their maximal range cut short by a bit of topography, and mortar projectiles have identical arcs. Indeed, the only way for such a unit to be implemented would be to, well, make howizter projectiles realistically fast. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2S4_Tyulpan

I've been trying to have it added to EACH Wargame instalments (since EE!), but it's been turned down by the 3D team each and every time because of the necessary setting-up animation and rear-facing gun.

Well give the 3D crew the finger. Because you have other mortars that normally fire rearward firing forward! :shock:

Heck you can easily get around that issue. Some of the arty units are borked in weird ways. But I have had my turreted howitzers firing full rear traverse. Which some can not do in IRL due to safety concerns. Just make the unit into a turret code. and the whole model will turn toward a targeted zone. Rearward system pointing of course. Think PSION in reverse.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 7 Dec 2016 19:38

R3d Sh4mbala wrote: Some of the arty units are borked in weird ways.

Remember the BKAN from ALB? It could magically fire at targets in front of it despite being pointed 45° to the side.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”