Units (Within Timeframe!) That You'd Like To See But You Know You Absolutely Won't

R3d Sh4mbala
Sergeant Major

Re: Units (Within Timeframe!) That You'd Like To See But You Know You Absolutely Won't

Postby R3d Sh4mbala » Wed 7 Dec 2016 20:11

Xeno426 wrote:
R3d Sh4mbala wrote: Some of the arty units are borked in weird ways.

Remember the BKAN from ALB? It could magically fire at targets in front of it despite being pointed 45° to the side.

Scratches head, oh I was wondering why one of my attacks got stalled.

I was testing maps out to compare, and that happened. :?

Is it just me or the ALB units better 3D modeled than RD units.

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Re: Units (Within Timeframe!) That You'd Like To See But You Know You Absolutely Won't

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Wed 7 Dec 2016 20:22

Xeno426 wrote:
R3d Sh4mbala wrote: Some of the arty units are borked in weird ways.

Remember the BKAN from ALB? It could magically fire at targets in front of it despite being pointed 45° to the side.

Pretty sure this still happens.

beares
Sergeant First-Class

Postby beares » Wed 7 Dec 2016 21:53

Stillehavet wrote:
beares wrote:What about the Type 96 MPMS (or is that out of scale)?

Well... I don't know that's penetration capacity(AP value). Maybe wheeled ATGM vehicle like Hamer MAPATS, WZ-550?

I have no idea actually. I just thought it could be cool if we are on the subject of Japanese "could-have-beens".

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Wed 7 Dec 2016 22:11

(and LAV-AD and working Sgt York I guess)

USA SPAAG STRONK!
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Wed 7 Dec 2016 22:30

FUBAR1939 wrote:Comanche helicopter.

4 Stingers , 90 points, 300 km, Recon very good or expecptional.

No too light 4 stingers 4 hellfires for internal and 10 hellfires and 8 stingers for external worked on the good old Comanche gold

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 7 Dec 2016 23:38

Vulcan 607 wrote:

No too light 4 stingers 4 hellfires for internal and 10 hellfires and 8 stingers for external worked on the good old Comanche gold

200 points, 1 card of 1 at trained. That's far too much load for a sensibly priced unit. You'll never even get to fire all of the missiles before someone suicide dives it with a Novi Avion and makes points on the deal.

Besides, an external load means no stealth :twisted:
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Wed 7 Dec 2016 23:41

FrangibleCover wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:

200 points, 1 card of 1 at trained. That's far too much load for a sensibly priced unit. You'll never even get to fire all of the missiles before someone suicide dives it with a Novi Avion and makes points on the deal.

But it is painted black.
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Thu 8 Dec 2016 00:06

beares wrote:
What about the Type 96 MPMS (or is that out of scale)?

It's like Hafez on a humvee, so no.

Comanche is already in the game. It's called OH-1.

All it needs is more stingers and a 20mm cannon.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Thu 8 Dec 2016 00:08

wargamer1985 wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:[Comanche should get] 4 stingers 4 hellfires for internal and 10 hellfires and 8 stingers for external worked on the good old Comanche gold

But it is painted black.

I think you'll find that it's a very very dark grey. The colour film and the particular lighting conditions found in the Western US affects the photograph, making the helicopter appear black. Thus, the Comanche is only stealthy in Hollywood.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Thu 8 Dec 2016 00:27

Mako wrote:Image

WHAT IS THIS AND WHY IS IT
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”