Make the USSR "Sufficient" Again!

Zero_Ecm
Sergeant

Re: Make the USSR "Sufficient" Again!

Postby Zero_Ecm » Wed 15 Feb 2017 19:57

Killertomato wrote:Grom would be a bit crap, even with two of them...

What the USSR really needs is BMPT on a budget. Like on a T-55 hull or something.

It's called BTR-T. We just need a better guns on it. Eugen decided to use worst possible loadout .

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Postby Azaz3l » Wed 15 Feb 2017 19:59

Zero_Ecm wrote:

What the USSR really needs is BMPT on a budget. Like on a T-55 hull or something.

It's called BTR-T. We just need a better guns on it. Eugen decided to use worst possible loadout .

Tbh, I don't find the bmpt for 60 points bad, the trick is to disable main gun in forests everytime.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Wed 15 Feb 2017 20:24

Azaz3l wrote:
Zero_Ecm wrote:

Tbh, I don't find the bmpt for 60 points bad, the trick is to disable main gun in forests everytime.

yes, this. Disabled gun (ideally after the first shot) on the BMPT takes all fancy BLUFOR infantry grinders to F L A V O R T O W N within seconds.

Active gun on BMPT is only useful on open ground. Sometimes.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Thu 16 Feb 2017 00:34

Ehh, the BMPT will never be what it was in ALB with the power jump in RD.
Courtesy of KattiValk

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Thu 16 Feb 2017 01:43

Azaz3l wrote:
Zero_Ecm wrote:It's called BTR-T. We just need a better guns on it. Eugen decided to use worst possible loadout .

Anything other than the NSVT would be tear inducing except maybe KPVT? With the armor on the thing sorted out I think it wouldn't be half bad even if it only went up to the KPVT.
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Thu 16 Feb 2017 03:12

Mike wrote:Ehh, the BMPT will never be what it was in ALB with the power jump in RD.
Gone are the days when the HATO swarms were relegated to throwing LAWs, with only the best having access to the measly CGM2. Now the CGM3 and all its compatriots make BMPTs a rare breed. It's a travesty.

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Thu 16 Feb 2017 03:47

Zero_Ecm wrote:It's called BTR-T. We just need a better guns on it. Eugen decided to use worst possible loadout .

If it had a 30mm cannon to go with the AGL and you could call it in without troops it would be just the ticket.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Thu 16 Feb 2017 04:44

Killertomato wrote:

If it had a 30mm cannon to go with the AGL and you could call it in without troops it would be just the ticket.

I'm pretty sure it can mount the 2 dual guns from the Tunguska. That'd be ridiculous.

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Thu 16 Feb 2017 04:50

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:
I'm pretty sure it can mount the 2 dual guns from the Tunguska. That'd be ridiculous.

I've seen it on wiki, but the only pictures I can find are of a 2A72 + Konkurs launcher.

Still, M163 CS eat your heart out.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Thu 16 Feb 2017 05:10

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:I'm pretty sure it can mount the 2 dual guns from the Tunguska. That'd be ridiculous.

One double-barreled 2A38 cannon. But nah, it wound be better to have 2A42 with AGS-17 variant.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”