"SAM killing itself" - issue

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army

"SAM killing itself" - issue

Postby M4jor » Tue 6 Dec 2016 02:21

THis has been arround since day 1 of Wargame:European Escalation and brought up a thousand times since then without anyhting changing:

THE ISSUE

If a SAM (Missile AA) is shooting a missile and the target is lost or destroyed a fraction of a second later, the missile will EXPLODE like 10 metres away from the AA System, damaging or destroying it.
Happens to all SAM, but especially heavy SAM are problematic, since they can wipe out themselves that way.

Suggestion:
Remove AUTO SELF DESTRUCT of AA missiles. Make them just fly avol into the sky and/or vanish.

axnone
First Sergeant

Re: "SAM killing itself" - issue

Postby axnone » Tue 6 Dec 2016 04:14

this seldom happens to me,but i saw heavy SAMs shotting at low flying helos and splash-damage killing ground targets(it was hilarious when i took out an enemy CV jeep by accident this way :lol: )
二营长你他娘的PLZ-45呢,给我拉来!
Spoiler : :
A better Zhanshi`85(`90) for China!
RPG and\or price buff,Type 81 optional.
Dream come true?
:arrow: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59331#p1019327

nubbymcnubnub
Corporal

Postby nubbymcnubnub » Tue 6 Dec 2016 08:12

axnone wrote:this seldom happens to me,but i saw heavy SAMs shotting at low flying helos and splash-damage killing ground targets(it was hilarious when i took out an enemy CV jeep by accident this way :lol: )

Just one of the reasons why it's worth paying the extra 10-20pts on a lightly armoured CV, at the very least. I've seen it happen too many times to others, or myself.

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby M4jor » Tue 6 Dec 2016 10:51

axnone wrote:this seldom happens to me,but i saw heavy SAMs shotting at low flying helos and splash-damage killing ground targets(it was hilarious when i took out an enemy CV jeep by accident this way :lol: )

Might be that most ppl do not even notice. But since I micro my AA a lot, I cannot unsee that. It happens in every other game, especially with BUK and NEVA types. With Yugoslavia released I started using heavy SAM again and this issue got annoying from the very first game on :)
Problem is also the still relativly slow travel time of the missile (at least it seems slow) that increases the risk of this happening.

Erwin12824
Staff Sergeant

Postby Erwin12824 » Wed 7 Dec 2016 06:01

AShM launchers too

Glebs
Private First-Class

Postby Glebs » Wed 7 Dec 2016 15:38

2100 games in, first time I saw missile aa damaging itself was an enemy OSA in a ranked game yesterday.
It was uneffectively placed between a mountain and los-blocking forest (questioning your playstyle).
There's no unit (anymore) that can kill itself with its missile.
“A happy life consists in tranquility of mind.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”