Canadian Airborne '90 and Highlander '90 Loadouts

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: Canadian Airborne '90 and Highlander '90 Loadouts

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 7 Dec 2016 14:39

I think turning Highlanders into the PPCLI at shock training is the most sensible option, with minimal changes. I'd advocate for them being Canadian Light Infantry though, Light Rifles is too close a name to Light Riflemen for my taste. Alternatively, if they are to represent the PPCLI and Vandoos and whoever else they could be called 'Regular Force', although I admit that having shock rated 'Regulars' could become confusing.

Erwin12824 wrote:
XanderTuron wrote:No Vandoos as that refers to a specific regiment

LStR-40 and FJB-40 says hi
Tzanhanim, Maglan, Givati as well

I think the main difference there is that those are the full strength of what they are representing. Givati are the Israeli Marines because they are the sum total of Israel's shock trained amphibious forces. LStR-40 are the entirety of the DDRs airborne special forces. Vandoos, however, are not the entirety of Canada's shock trained non-airborne infantry, there's also the PPCLI and the RCR if I remember correctly.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

RedFive
Warrant Officer

Postby RedFive » Wed 7 Dec 2016 15:50

Amusing that people are arguing against renaming Highlanders because "Eugen doesn't want specific units represented" when Highlanders *is* a specific unit.

I support a name change to "PPCLI" and shock training. Price is fine then.

Odd that Norway gets three cards of Eryx (one elite, one shock, and one regular) while Canada gets only two (both regular). It's even worse for France but at least their card of them are shock.

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Wed 7 Dec 2016 23:19

RedFive wrote:Amusing that people are arguing against renaming Highlanders because "Eugen doesn't want specific units represented" when Highlanders *is* a specific unit.

Odd that Norway gets three cards of Eryx (one elite, one shock, and one regular) while Canada gets only two (both regular). It's even worse for France but at least their card of them are shock.

I personally support a name change to Canadian Light Infantry myself. As for card count, one thing to remember is that all Eryx units are one per card at the moment, though I think that what could be done is to give all the Eryx users (Canada, France, Norway) the same number of cards of Eryx. This doesn't necessarily mean that, say France, needs a whole new unit, but can be given a second card of Legion '90. The only potential problem with this is Norway, because as you said, they have three cards of Eryx, so it might have to be that Canada and France, one way or another should have three cards with Eryx, or Norway needs to lose one.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Erwin12824
Staff Sergeant

Postby Erwin12824 » Thu 8 Dec 2016 00:08

XanderTuron wrote:
RedFive wrote:Amusing that people are arguing against renaming Highlanders because "Eugen doesn't want specific units represented" when Highlanders *is* a specific unit.

I personally support a name change to Canadian Light Infantry myself. As for card count, one thing to remember is that all Eryx units are one per card at the moment, though I think that what could be done is to give all the Eryx users (Canada, France, Norway) the same number of cards of Eryx. This doesn't necessarily mean that, say France, needs a whole new unit, but can be given a second card of Legion '90. The only potential problem with this is Norway, because as you said, they have three cards of Eryx, so it might have to be that Canada and France, one way or another should have three cards with Eryx, or Norway needs to lose one.

what's the point of nerfing norway just to bring in line the card of eryxs available?
at least the redfor players aren't crying about too many eryxs

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Thu 8 Dec 2016 04:55

Erwin12824 wrote:
XanderTuron wrote:

what's the point of nerfing norway just to bring in line the card of eryxs available?
at least the redfor players aren't crying about too many eryxs

I would rather bring France and Canada to three rather than Norway to two. If REDFOR complains, they can deal with it, the Eryx isn't some magical super weapon.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Thu 8 Dec 2016 05:51

XanderTuron wrote:
I would rather bring France and Canada to three rather than Norway to two. If REDFOR complains, they can deal with it, the Eryx isn't some magical super weapon.

No but it is a 1993 prototype which kills availbilty.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Thu 8 Dec 2016 07:24

Narcissistic Black wrote:
XanderTuron wrote:

West Germany gets three cards of PzF 3, which while lacking the raw power and range of the Eryx, are more reliable as they are not subject to losing LoS and being stunned after shooting. Therefore I feel that it is reasonable for France and Canada to receive three cards of Eryx each. Of course, it would be inconsistent for Legion '90 to be three cards, so that would need figuring out.

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Thu 8 Dec 2016 07:44

XanderTuron wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:
XanderTuron wrote:

West Germany gets three cards of PzF 3, which while lacking the raw power and range of the Eryx, are more reliable as they are not subject to losing LoS and being stunned after shooting. Therefore I feel that it is reasonable for France and Canada to receive three cards of Eryx each. Of course, it would be inconsistent for Legion '90 to be three cards, so that would need figuring out.

On 2 different units.

Fallschrimjager 90 (1 Card) and Panzergrenidiere 90s (2 Card) right but the issue with that is these units aren't Light infantry.

Light infantry get 2 Cards. 1 if its prototyped. Line and Shock infantry don't suffer from this rule for them its 3. 2 if its prototyped.

Since Eyrx is a prototype and the units that get it are Light infantry that means. 1 Card.

and to the other people saying reservist with eyrx thats not going to happen either. it would be to cost effective plus Reservist are limited to outdated or somewhat old equipment none of them get 1990s equipment.

I'm my opinion the only realistic thing I can see happening is the renaming to Canadian Light Infantry & Canadian Light Infantry '90 based off the PPCLI and giving shock training. other than what i doubt it would be touched.

As for Canadian Airborne shouldnt they be Commandos? Yes i know wiki but I figured this would light the spark of a die hard canadian player who feels they have been wrong to provide a wall of text about how its eitehr incorrect or correct.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

Wolf In Arms
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Wolf In Arms » Thu 8 Dec 2016 08:02

Narcissistic Black wrote:As for Canadian Airborne shouldnt they be Commandos? Yes i know wiki but I figured this would light the spark of a die hard canadian player who feels they have been wrong to provide a wall of text about how its eitehr incorrect or correct.

Well, not exactly: they'd be special in the same way that the British Royal Parachute Regiment would be. I can't exactly provide a wall of text, but they were treated moreso as the expeditionary arm of the Canadian Army (hence why they were grouped with the 2nd Special Service Force).

I've never heard the CA referred to as commandos, though (in typical Anglo style) use Commandos in the same capacity as infantry companies. Unfortunately, I haven't found a lot of information or documentaries on the CAR specifically that don't have to do with the Somalia Affair, so please take what I've offered as you will.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”