DDR Shock Lights, Worst Shock infy in the game?

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

DDR Shock Lights, Worst Shock infy in the game?

Postby Seryn » Tue 6 Dec 2016 20:34

Now I will admit, my Main Tactical Deck is DDR Motorized, and my Main Red Decks are Polish Armored (Irrelevant) DDR Mecha (Shock Infy EVERYWHERE) and DDR Airborne (oh look, awful SHOCK Lights again...) I view the Leichte Shützen as a very sad Helicopter borne infantry squad, Shock training helps little when your ATGM is on par with (or is it worse?) than Light Rifleman 90. LIGHT. RIFLEMAN. 90. To add insult to injury, they use an AWFUL [STAT] PKM, when some squads in the game use [CQC] PKMs, to the extent where you need to buy a squad to protect them from other shocks OR buy a Hind to deploy thrm and protect them with that. As such, here is my suggestion, Leichte Schützen get intro date bumped up to that of Moto Schützen 90s and they get the Moto Schützen 90 rifle and SAW while retaining their subpar ATGM, and a price increase by 10. This will make them slightly more survivable vs shocks, damage a few elites and keep their performance vs Regulars, (Removed a big brick of nonsense as per reviewing stat card) However, It lacks a decent SAW (PKM is nice and all, but its too similar to the M60 which is argued for the worst LMG in the game. :oops: ) due to poor RoF and accuracy, but has CQC Tag. (I always thought it was just [STAT], explains how I managed to lose a squad of Diggers 90 to them. :? )

(Edit: Made it less vague what I was proposing)

Edit 2: Well I done goofed, I didn't realize their PKM was [STAT] [CQC] (Dafuq?) Still has abyssmal Accuracy and RPM however, and no [STAB] to compensate.

Edit 3: Fixed Names on units
Last edited by Seryn on Wed 7 Dec 2016 23:41, edited 5 times in total.

RedFive
Warrant Officer

Re: DDR Shock Lights, Worst Shock infy in the game?

Postby RedFive » Tue 6 Dec 2016 20:49

Well...Light Riflemen '90 is a unit that costs the same but has worse training, not sure that comparison is showing what you want it to show.

DDR has some of the most cost effective shock infantry in the game, is there any good reason why it needs still more of it?

Seryn

Postby Seryn » Tue 6 Dec 2016 22:07

Because Germany?

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Tue 6 Dec 2016 22:22

Seryn wrote:Because Germany?

Not exactly the best reason.
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

Woozle
Captain

Postby Woozle » Tue 6 Dec 2016 22:36

Seryn wrote:Leichte Shutzen get intro date bumped up to that of Moto Shutzen 90s and they get the Moto Shutzen 90 weapons and a price increase by 10.

This would make them effectively identical to Mot. Shutzen 90 (I REALLY wish people would stop saying "Moto Shutzen", it's an abomination of grammar) and thus pointless.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Tue 6 Dec 2016 23:26

Woozle wrote:
Seryn wrote:Leichte Shutzen get intro date bumped up to that of Moto Shutzen 90s and they get the Moto Shutzen 90 weapons and a price increase by 10.

This would make them effectively identical to Mot. Shutzen 90 (I REALLY wish people would stop saying "Moto Shutzen", it's an abomination of grammar) and thus pointless.

Pictured: Motorola Schützen

Leichte Schützen are bad, sure, but even if they were good would anyone use them in preference to the superb Mot. Schützen family? Give the [CQC] tag to the PKM because it's the rule that Shock Infantry gets [CQC] and walk away. Might as well move Light Rifles to [CQC] tagged shock too, I've never seen anything get hit with an M47 in Hollywood so presumably they're actually good in real life?
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Seryn

Postby Seryn » Wed 7 Dec 2016 00:30

wargamer1985 wrote:

They were THE Frontline from 45 all the way to the 90s. Why do you think they are the only Non Russian RED vanilla nation to have 2 Hind transports, cannon Hinds, Invisible Recon teams, Recon Militia, MSTA SPGs, improved version of SAS, City Fighting-Specific Heavy Infantry, and top of the line Mechanized Infantry. They lack a Super Heavy, so clearly their flavor is infantry and Infantry Killing. (Personally I feel Eastern Block prevents DDR Buffs) But I digress, they are the only Rifle Troops for DDR that suck at fighting equivalent Infantry barring reservists. And you forget DDR Tanks are *not* Cost effective.

Seryn

Postby Seryn » Wed 7 Dec 2016 00:34

Woozle wrote:

My point was to have Mot. 90 Small arms and their ATGM. That way you have a Long Range Airborne Shock Infantry and a Short Range Ground Shock Infantry. And I say Moto Shutzen cuz for some reason people get confused when I say Mot. Shutzen. Maybe it's my Bavarian accent. :?

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Wed 7 Dec 2016 01:23

Seryn wrote:
wargamer1985 wrote:

They were THE Frontline from 45 all the way to the 90s.

Okay...and? That doesn't exactly mean a lot when considering that the Polish, Czech etc. all also put a great emphasis on their military. Why? Because they knew they would be dragged into WWIII if it ever went hot. Not to mention that being on the front-line is not justification for having inherently better units.
Why do you think they are the only Non Russian RED vanilla nation to have 2 Hind transports, cannon Hinds, Invisible Recon teams, Recon Militia, MSTA SPGs, improved version of SAS, City Fighting-Specific Heavy Infantry, and top of the line Mechanized Infantry.

Because Eugen says so.
They lack a Super Heavy, so clearly their flavor is infantry and Infantry Killing. (Personally I feel Eastern Block prevents DDR Buffs) But I digress, they are the only Rifle Troops for DDR that suck at fighting equivalent Infantry barring reservists. And you forget DDR Tanks are *not* Cost effective.

Yes, they are good in the infantry grind. But this does not require that they be given *more* excessive infantry, Leichte deserve a price/performance buff, as do most Light Infantry units, but saying they do "because Germany" is not a valid reason. Not to mention, their T-72 line is decent on its own, and has a few cost-effective choices accompanying it. If USSR's flavor is good helicopters, is that really justification to buff the Mi-28 or some other high-tier helicopter to OP levels? Or if the USA's flavor is its good tanks does that mean the M1A2 deserves 26 AP?

Leichte should be buffed, yes, but not because it fits Germany flavor, they should be buffed because they are essentially worthless.
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

Demonicjapsel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Demonicjapsel » Wed 7 Dec 2016 02:52

Leichte need to be given their Shock MG stats, which was missed when they were upvetted to Shock.

other then that, there isn't a whole lot that can be done, although an AP buff to 16 would be nice.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”