Maglan

thenosh
Lieutenant

Maglan

Postby thenosh » Tue 6 Dec 2016 21:39

I can't get around thinking they're too strong. The combination of a ten man strong recon team that has an ATGM with a range of 2450m is just too strong. Give Israel a ten man atgm team if you want, I don't mind. But as is, it's too strong to be restricted for one nation only in my opinion. Having three people use Israel, you can hold off most redfor tank pushes if placed right due to the low sidearmor, mostly of the new nations./discuss
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

RedFive
Warrant Officer

Re: Maglan

Postby RedFive » Tue 6 Dec 2016 21:55

It's a combination of factors:

- They're a recon unit, so they have better stealth and can spot their own targets
- They're elite trained, so they move faster and get accuracy bonuses as well as recover from stuns faster
- They have a good MG so are strong against infantry, too

Remove any one of those and they become way less OP. Keep them all and the unit would still be a good deal at 50pts.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Tue 6 Dec 2016 22:03

in team games they can killed by sheer saturation, in 1vs1 they are literally retardedly effective.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Tue 6 Dec 2016 22:10

Remember, they can also be called in in a 120 point package. that is NOT cost effective.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 6 Dec 2016 22:14

Mortars are great for smoking Maglans off. Though, should or should they not only be available as 1 card, not two? Israel will still be viable without two cards really and would make Maglan a lot less disposable.

Seryn wrote:Remember, they can also be called in in a 120 point package. that is NOT cost effective.
They "can" also be taken in a 15pt recce APC. What's your point?

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Tue 6 Dec 2016 22:22

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:Mortars are great for smoking Maglans off. Though, should or should they not only be available as 1 card, not two? Israel will still be viable without two cards really and would make Maglan a lot less disposable.

Seryn wrote:Remember, they can also be called in in a 120 point package. that is NOT cost effective.
They "can" also be taken in a 15pt recce APC. What's your point?

True, but that's more because the Recce transports that are ALSO recce are FAR too underpriced in general, as you get a passive spotter/aggressive recon unit and an Active Recon unit in 1 cheap bundle (think the priciest is at 50 for Maglan?) Regarding Card Numbers, I could see availability per card increased by 1 and card count decreased to 1, Transports being set only to HAMER Humvee and Nimrod AND REMOVED FROM NAVAL TAB.

By the way love the new sig.

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Tue 6 Dec 2016 22:25

There was doom prophets skreaming that Gorno 90 in any ground transport would be OP, because they are 10 man ATGM team.
Now we have 10 man ATGM team, but not regular - elite, not with anemic 1.5km range, EXTREMELY slow and meh acc - 2.4k, great speed and 65% acc. Not without ground transports - but with 15 points recon. Not with PKM - but with good and elite MG. Cherry on the cake is optics.

Where are you, guys? Why are you so silent?

mvp7
Master Sergeant

Postby mvp7 » Tue 6 Dec 2016 22:25

Maybe the Maglan could be nerfed a bit by lowering the number of missiles and limiting the availability to one card or maybe the squad strength could be reduced to 5.

Personally I want the game to have some powerful and unique units, even if balancing them is hard. I'd hate to see Wargame drift into a circle of constant nerfing and standardizing that ends with every faction and unit following the same basic format with just tiny differences.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Tue 6 Dec 2016 22:29

GARGEAN wrote:There was doom prophets skreaming that Gorno 90 in any ground transport would be OP, because they are 10 man ATGM team.
Now we have 10 man ATGM team, but not regular - elite, not with anemic 1.5km range, EXTREMELY slow and meh acc - 2.4k, great speed and 65% acc. Not without ground transports - but with 15 points recon. Not with PKM - but with good and elite MG. Cherry on the cake is optics.

Where are you, guys? Why are you so silent?

Who's silent, exactly? I think everyone who thought gornos were OP thinks Maglan are even more OP.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Demonicjapsel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Demonicjapsel » Tue 6 Dec 2016 22:31

nerf to 1 card, and it should be fine,

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”