Maglan

QUAD
Colonel

Re: Maglan

Postby QUAD » Wed 7 Dec 2016 06:13

gorno 90 are fine imo. Vanilla ones should have buffed AP to be somewhat appealing, and full access to btr-90 and btr-80a.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Wed 7 Dec 2016 06:26

They're still a really bad idea from a gameplay perspective.

Things like them and the stupid recon tank from Yugos are bad additions the game.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Wed 7 Dec 2016 09:46

Mako wrote:They're still a really bad idea from a gameplay perspective.

Things like them and the stupid recon tank from Yugos are bad additions the game.

Why? Imo they're useful, and even though they force a change in playstyle they're not impossible to adapt against.

It beats sending recon around the flanks only to have an opponent pull spotted units back once they realize the icons are no longer blinking. At least this way your recon units can act as hunter-killer units to some degree.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 7 Dec 2016 09:59

RoadkillRodger wrote:

Why? Imo they're useful, and even though they force a change in playstyle they're not impossible to adapt against.

It beats sending recon around the flanks only to have an opponent pull spotted units back once they realize the icons are no longer blinking. At least this way your recon units can act as hunter-killer units to some degree.

I personally don't like hunter-killer units, like these guys and the M-84Awhatever and the Longbow.

They kinda cheapen recon's value.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Wed 7 Dec 2016 10:21

Killertomato wrote:
RoadkillRodger wrote:

I personally don't like hunter-killer units, like these guys and the M-84Awhatever and the Longbow.

That's why the easiest was to solving the problem is remove the recon aspect of Maglan. Regular special forces Maglan in the infantry tab would still be VERY strong, but not nearly as cost effective as they are right now.

(Nice side effect: The firing noise reduction to pre-nerf levels would help the Finnish Spike-MR team a lot.)

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Wed 7 Dec 2016 10:32

Killertomato wrote:
RoadkillRodger wrote:

How so? They make capitalizing on good recon independent of things like unit icon gimmicks. Imo that is a highly valuable use of recon, and shouldn't be tossed away because it's unexpected in the current meta.

Personally I'd like to see more units like this, as recon has long suffered from the fact that complex kill chains in Wargame can be disrupted by an opponent simply noticing that an icon isn't blinking.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 7 Dec 2016 10:37

RoadkillRodger wrote:
How so? They make capitalizing on good recon independent of things like unit icon gimmicks. Imo that is a highly valuable use of recon, and shouldn't be tossed away because it's only available to one faction right now.

They negate the need to bring a separate recon vehicle or unit with your guys in order to kill things effectively, because they can do it all. They are genuine super units, because they bundle two very important capabilities into one. It's kinda like having an M1A2 with a Chaparral turret on the roof.

I don't think it's a good thing, and that goes for not only Maglan but also the other super-effective combat recon units.

Personally I'd like to see more units like this, as recon has long suffered from the fact that complex kill chains in Wargame can be disrupted by an opponent simply noticing that an icon isn't blinking.

I would rather units blink in cover even when spotted.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Wed 7 Dec 2016 10:48

Erwin12824 wrote:
thenosh wrote:
Seryn wrote:Just give Gorno 90s the full VDV transport Lineup as well as their current lineup, that'll stop the crying :lol:

I can't see how this will solve the Maglan issue?

When there is a equivalent then it will be okay.
I mean you don't cry when there are atgm planes of 30 ap snipe your tanks away because both sides have them right?

What kind of explanation is this? Instead of balancing one unit you want to adapt other nations to it? Enjoy the power creep
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Wed 7 Dec 2016 12:05

Just up the price again. Then you'll get a situation where if they kill 5x 10 pt transports they'll have made back their cost. 40 now was it? Try 45.

Which means you can "safely" feed them 5 transports to siphon their ammo and kill them easily with any vehicle. This forces careful use of their ATGM.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

Terracos
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Terracos » Wed 7 Dec 2016 14:38

integ3r wrote:Just up the price again. Then you'll get a situation where if they kill 5x 10 pt transports they'll have made back their cost. 40 now was it? Try 45.

Which means you can "safely" feed them 5 transports to siphon their ammo and kill them easily with any vehicle. This forces careful use of their ATGM.

I used Sturmi against Maglan. Its kind of fun. The Problem is it only works on small maps. Otherwise M113s are also effective. I think this is one of the most important things i figured out lately against Israel. Mortars on their resupply. They are depending so much on certain supply intense Units that this helps the most.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”