Hotkeys

Fleshbits
Private

Hotkeys

Postby Fleshbits » Wed 7 Dec 2016 12:59

I see that people must be using hotkeys in videos. Is there a list somewhere?

Some of the things I am wondering if exist and what they are:

1) Repeat last unit selection for deployment
2) Change unit facing
3) Turn on/off weapons
4) Select weapon
5) Evac

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Hotkeys

Postby orcbuster » Wed 7 Dec 2016 13:09

Fleshbits wrote:I see that people must be using hotkeys in videos. Is there a list somewhere?

Some of the things I am wondering if exist and what they are:

1) Repeat last unit selection for deployment
2) Change unit facing
3) Turn on/off weapons
4) Select weapon
5) Evac

Should be accessible and changeable in the options menu
Viker for ingen!

Terracos
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Terracos » Wed 7 Dec 2016 14:58

Is there a possibility do have hotkeys for different weapon slots? I havent found it but it would be really nice. Like if you use your Tunguska, you can only switch both weapons on and off at the same time while i would like to have three keys, one for every slot. Many Units not only Radar ones would be much better if you could disable individual slots really fast (Planes, French tanks with AC).

nande
Lieutenant

Postby nande » Wed 7 Dec 2016 15:12

Terracos wrote:Is there a possibility do have hotkeys for different weapon slots? I havent found it but it would be really nice. Like if you use your Tunguska, you can only switch both weapons on and off at the same time while i would like to have three keys, one for every slot. Many Units not only Radar ones would be much better if you could disable individual slots really fast (Planes, French tanks with AC).
a better way would be to add a "lock" on certain weapons, so that the hotkey controls only the weapons you choose.

Terracos
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Terracos » Wed 7 Dec 2016 15:48

nande wrote:
Terracos wrote:Is there a possibility do have hotkeys for different weapon slots? I havent found it but it would be really nice. Like if you use your Tunguska, you can only switch both weapons on and off at the same time while i would like to have three keys, one for every slot. Many Units not only Radar ones would be much better if you could disable individual slots really fast (Planes, French tanks with AC).
a better way would be to add a "lock" on certain weapons, so that the hotkey controls only the weapons you choose.

Yeah that would work too. I am anyway getting less and less happy about the UI. When you have two equal Units selected that are not stacked you cant even switch off a certain weapon slot.

I would like an interface like in Sc2 so if you have multiple Units under control you can tab through the Units and the equal ones are grouped up but not stacked. And just adding three Hotkeys, one for every weapon slot, would help so much improving the capabilities of controling Units.

Also for the air-tab i would like to have changes. Right now you can choose a plain by either having it on a Hotkey or clicking on it. It would be so much better to just be able to have one Key to enter the Air-Tab and than tab through the available planes and call it out with a right click on the map.

Same would be cool to call in Units. Have one Key to open the tab, so you tab through the different categories, and the buttons 1-9 are used to select the unit in the chosen category. You would have so much more time to micro your units by having the macro solved with hotkeys.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 7 Dec 2016 17:11

You can also check out AutoHotkey. There's a few scripts you might find, and if you need help I know that tgwEcho uses some custom scripts for his games.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Terracos
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Terracos » Wed 7 Dec 2016 17:42

Xeno426 wrote:You can also check out AutoHotkey. There's a few scripts you might find, and if you need help I know that tgwEcho uses some custom scripts for his games.

Thanks didnt know about this. I will have a look when i have time. Up to now I used the Macro Software from Razor to bound certain commands on my mouse. Therefore I always have to make sure my RAD-AA is bound to 3 to toggle on or off my weapons. I still have some buttons free but i couldnt find any more usefull Macros that are possible, than the 6 I already use,

It is therefore possible but certain things still dont work as the UI dosnt allow certain things i would like to use.

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Postby Mister Maf » Wed 7 Dec 2016 19:09

You may find the contents of this thread relevant:

viewtopic.php?f=155&t=58724

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”