USA and USSR the superpowers... or not?

Demonicjapsel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: USA and USSR the superpowers... or not?

Postby Demonicjapsel » Sun 11 Dec 2016 22:07

Killertomato wrote:
Javelin could be F&F, but there are alternate options and spike is also supposed to be F&F. The US doesn't have any other infantry ATGMs except dragon, which is garbage.

RAH-66 is an OH-1 with more stingers and a cannon, or an OH-1 with 6 hellfires and a cannon. I honestly wanted it instead of Longbow.

I consider the longbow preferable to the RAH66 on the grounds that the longbow did enter service, and as such, deserves priority over comperable helos that did not.

the US needs buffs, it needs fixing the M1 line, reroll some of the useless pattons into something halfway decent, reroll the airtab and grant the top Paladin guided munitions to offset low rof with unrivalled precision. That would make for a nice contrast as well. USSR relies on AoA, while the US relies on precision as they did IRL.

Give it standard artillery dispersion whrn firing blind and a very small dispersion when your units draw line of sight. This would diffirentiate the 109A6 from the 109A5NL, which is flatout better then it.

As for the javelin, i feel its a bit OOTF, but depending on the stats wouldn't argue heavily against it. I do feel the US infantry tab is better served with some tweaks and buffs then anything else

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 11 Dec 2016 22:13

Partibrejker wrote:
If there would be a RAH-66 in game it would cost a shitload of points, so the question is, is it better to have longbow for a reasonable amount of points, or super omnipotent Comanche with a biiiig paycheck (I cannot see it being cheaper than 190 even 200, since aa, hellfire, rocketpods, cannon, mix those into 3 + stealth), that could still get easily shot down by 25 point aa infantry :)

I don't get this.

Comanche is already in the game, it's called the OH-1. it just has a 20mm cannon and more Stingers.

Comanche CANNOT carry all munitions without stub wings and thus losing stealth. Comanche could carry EITHER six Hellfires OR 12 stingers in the internal bays. Not both, and no rocket pods.

Demonicjapsel wrote:
I consider the longbow preferable to the RAH66 on the grounds that the longbow did enter service, and as such, deserves priority over comperable helos that did not.

It doesn't fit where it is. RAH-66 was the follow-on to Kiowa Warrior, AH-64D was Apache+.

Demonicjapsel wrote:
As for the javelin, i feel its a bit OOTF, but depending on the stats wouldn't argue heavily against it. I do feel the US infantry tab is better served with some tweaks and buffs then anything else

First full-system test firing was 1993 and full deployment was 1996.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Partibrejker » Sun 11 Dec 2016 22:20

Thought that the OH-1 Ninja and RAH-66 Comanche are different things, though, now that you've explained in more detail how LO wold look, I am totally missing why would you switch longbow for this, except if you reaaaalllyyy looooooveeee that heli that much.
Spoiler : :

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Sun 11 Dec 2016 22:42

Partibrejker wrote:Thought that the OH-1 Ninja and RAH-66 Comanche are different things, though, now that you've explained in more detail how LO wold look, I am totally missing why would you switch longbow for this, except if you reaaaalllyyy looooooveeee that heli that much.

They're both stealth helicopters with Stingers.

And Longbow shouldn't be a recon helicopter because it wasn't one. Yeah it had good sensors... but so did AH-1W, and AH-64A. It should've been the god-king of anti-tank gunships.

RAH-66 was the next-generation recon bird.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Partibrejker » Sun 11 Dec 2016 23:03

Killertomato wrote:
Partibrejker wrote:Thought that the OH-1 Ninja and RAH-66 Comanche are different things, though, now that you've explained in more detail how LO wold look, I am totally missing why would you switch longbow for this, except if you reaaaalllyyy looooooveeee that heli that much.

They're both stealth helicopters with Stingers.

And Longbow shouldn't be a recon helicopter because it wasn't one. Yeah it had good sensors... but so did AH-1W, and AH-64A. It should've been the god-king of anti-tank gunships.

RAH-66 was the next-generation recon bird.

Ahaaaa, now I get you completely. Well I guess our playstyle is different since I still don't get why would you need a recon stealth AA heli in USA in favor of longbow. To elaborate, without any negativity intended, supercobra has aim9, daps have the same stuff for less money, I dig only the stealth part, and even that ain't wooow for helos, at least that is what practice has shown me thus far.
Spoiler : :

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Sun 11 Dec 2016 23:07

Demonicjapsel wrote:
the US needs buffs, it needs fixing the M1 line,

I've actually had decent results using base M1 as an fsv, imo it functions somewhat better than the bmpt when you consider price and AT capacity.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 12 Dec 2016 01:14

kish wrote:Consider WW2. The USA was lagging in tech behind the germans, the soviets were un the stone age but still they won, strategically.

You know, just to demonstrate your knowledge, I'm going to make a statement.

The Sherman was a better tank than the Tiger.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Mon 12 Dec 2016 01:17

Xeno426 wrote:
kish wrote:Consider WW2. The USA was lagging in tech behind the germans, the soviets were un the stone age but still they won, strategically.

I'll add the panther in for free.
Viker for ingen!

JoonasTo
Master Sergeant

Postby JoonasTo » Mon 12 Dec 2016 01:19

The psychotic Finnish wood-elf

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Mon 12 Dec 2016 01:55

orcbuster wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:

I'll add the panther in for free.

Stop you'll make the wehraboos cry!!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”