Nighthawk

Solo
Brigadier

Re: Nighthawk

Postby Solo » Tue 10 Jan 2017 00:02

With Spike LR/MR teams now being in the game I think USA should get an I-TOW team.

Ribar
Warrant Officer

Postby Ribar » Tue 10 Jan 2017 00:40

To OP : Sorry for derailing...
On topic : I think Nighthawk is completely fine, perhaps 2 cards at most, but Strike Eagle definitely not, it would be too much.
Off topic:
Erich Honecker wrote:In terms of infantry balance USA had a very big gap - they dont have any infantry ATGM teams. This makes city and key points defence very problematic.

Don't want to disappoint you, but anyone who knows how to utilize mortars or any smoke arty will easily block enemy ATGMs in towns. So much of the ATGM advantage. To defend town you need to have either fast artillery and support vehicles or the best solution: flanking armor always ready to charge in case of enemy smoke and infantry advance.
It is much more of a problem that USA does not have good cost-effective infantry but has to rely on pretty much any other source of firepower in a town/forest firefight and avoid forest and town fight. But that's a feature of the deck, you can't have everything in a national deck, compromises have to be made. That's the reason why there's NORAD coalition, and why USSR is a standalone nation.

Edit: I think it would be fine to give USA ATGM team because it would not effect the nation too much nor damage the balance, but rather give NORAD a new flavor. My original point of the post is that having good infantry ATGM is not a big advantage nor it's lack is a serious disadvantage when you have serious tank removal tools like Longbow, A-10, Hornets, ATACMS and strong tanks. ATGMs would be my least concern when moving around with my tanks against USA player.
Image :mrgreen:

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Tue 10 Jan 2017 01:09

Solo wrote:With Spike LR/MR teams now being in the game I think USA should get an I-TOW team.

10 point, 5 man Dragon 2 team with high availability.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

Solo
Brigadier

Postby Solo » Tue 10 Jan 2017 02:23

QUAD wrote:
Solo wrote:With Spike LR/MR teams now being in the game I think USA should get an I-TOW team.

Wouldn't be worth a deck slot

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Tue 10 Jan 2017 02:28

How about 1 card of a prototype ATGM from 1996, that's a lot more ITF than a lot of it's in game peers.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Tue 10 Jan 2017 03:05

Solo wrote:
QUAD wrote:

Wouldn't be worth a deck slot

It would be worth one card in M113 imo.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

Artruis
Sergeant

Postby Artruis » Tue 10 Jan 2017 03:15

Actually, since spike in real life is F&F, I don't see why javelin can't get the same treatment...
Q: "what's the best worst choice you made in your life?"
me: "engineering"

cheer up
Warrant Officer

Postby cheer up » Tue 10 Jan 2017 05:08

Markenzwieback wrote:
AmberT wrote:
Seryn wrote: I as doubt Amber plays against the best WG players (is there even such a thing?) and wins as USA.

You will be surprised! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwHRdIwp66c

Sure helps your point a lot when, in the video, you only play against a) a very inferior player in rank of 2nd Lt. or b) play USA vs. USA.

hmm a guy who streams ranked usa for the past 1-2 weeks nearly everyday vs a guy who complains about map size playing 4v4 on 2v2 maps (last parts you btw)

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Tue 10 Jan 2017 11:18

cheer up wrote:hmm a guy who streams ranked usa for the past 1-2 weeks nearly everyday vs a guy who complains about map size playing 4v4 on 2v2 maps (last parts you btw)

On point one: He linked one video. That video I watched and commented on accordingly. In addition, I randomly clicked another video on his channel and saw him playing something else but USA. If he'd linked or told me what you told me (watch latest video basically), my entire comment wouldn't have been posted in the first place. But hey, I cannot be bothered to check all videos when there isn't even a differentiating title tbh...

On point two: I barely remember complaining about map size. My complaints were mostly about artillery saturation back than. Also, my opinion on that hasn't changed since than even with me moving up the ranked queue quite a bit myself and mostly playing games with appropriate player numbers per map nowadays.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 10 Jan 2017 12:16

A big AMEN here from my side. The payware DLCs simply broken the balance and abstraction comparing to even superpowers.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”