Nighthawk

Markenzwieback
Captain

Re: Nighthawk

Postby Markenzwieback » Mon 9 Jan 2017 14:04

AmberT wrote:just compare the US and the USSR, and you will see how much better the US them USSR.

USSR worse than US? Really?

[LOG]: Equal, as I am not counting the T-80UK worth the investment.

[INF]: Well USSR really has the upper hand here, even if you add in Canada. The simple presence of VDV '90 is what tips the balance. Fire support is roughly equal since Smaw and LVTP nerfs; TH-495 is very good, but not enough to make the NORAD infantry tab anything to brag about.

[SUP]: Both got their meme units here, with the US being heavy on them (ATACMS, Patriot), while USSR (Buratino, Smerch) follows in closer pursuit. In terms of SHORAD, the USSR sure has the edge with OSA, OSA-AKM, Tunguska-series, TOR and BUKs. ADATS is neat, but it doesn't make the tab any more diverse.

[TNK]: Roughly equal right now. US is lacking a little bit on the medium tank side, but that is compensated by buffed M1A1HAs.

[REC]: The sole unit US/NORAD got going for its recon tab is the Longbro. With everything else I'd always pick USSR and its options.

[VHC]: Basically TOW-2s, M163CS and Chimera vs. BMPT and Zhalo.

[HEL]: USA wins on AA helicopters, USSR on ground attack options.

[AIR]: Both got high-end ASFs, both got usable mid-tier ASFs, both got good ATGM planes, both got somewhat usable HE and Cluster bombers (USA only one per card on HE though), both got usable SEAD. In terms of strength, each deck has its own and both are roughly equal. US still needs a true multi-role though.

I'd argue that USSR is not worth by any means at all. In every tab the USSR has at least equal capabilities to the US/NORAD and in some it even surpasses them quite easily.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Mon 9 Jan 2017 15:51

urogard wrote:
another505 wrote:I rather nerf the kurnass to 1 LGB only per plane instead of seeing more gimmick instant removal units getting buffs

LGBs are not what they used to be. I'm actually suprised when a nighthawk manages to kill my moderna. more often than not i only lose a couple HP

Nighthawk to 2 rookies per card is perfectly acceptable, esp with the LGB aim bug still not fixed

Is still really powerful even though they dont have perfect accuracy.
Of Salt

pils
Sergeant

Postby pils » Mon 9 Jan 2017 16:33

urogard wrote:
another505 wrote:I rather nerf the kurnass to 1 LGB only per plane instead of seeing more gimmick instant removal units getting buffs

LGBs are not what they used to be. I'm actually suprised when a nighthawk manages to kill my moderna. more often than not i only lose a couple HP

Nighthawk to 2 rookies per card is perfectly acceptable, esp with the LGB aim bug still not fixed

You sure?
I was wondering lately.
I thought they reduced the acc on those bombs, but the last 4 or 5 times a NH bombed my Vihor or other high end tank, it got insta killed every single time.
Which really sucks in tactical games.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 9 Jan 2017 16:41

Would be a deeply asymmetrical loadout and thus not carried. If only a single GBU-8 delivery was needed, one could be carried on the centerline of their A-4s.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

AmberT
First Sergeant

Postby AmberT » Mon 9 Jan 2017 16:44

Markenzwieback wrote:
AmberT wrote:just compare the US and the USSR, and you will see how much better the US them USSR.

USSR worse than US? Really?

[LOG]: Equal, as I am not counting the T-80UK worth the investment.

[INF]: Well USSR really has the upper hand here, even if you add in Canada. The simple presence of VDV '90 is what tips the balance. Fire support is roughly equal since Smaw and LVTP nerfs; TH-495 is very good, but not enough to make the NORAD infantry tab anything to brag about.

[SUP]: Both got their meme units here, with the US being heavy on them (ATACMS, Patriot), while USSR (Buratino, Smerch) follows in closer pursuit. In terms of SHORAD, the USSR sure has the edge with OSA, OSA-AKM, Tunguska-series, TOR and BUKs. ADATS is neat, but it doesn't make the tab any more diverse.

[TNK]: Roughly equal right now. US is lacking a little bit on the medium tank side, but that is compensated by buffed M1A1HAs.

[REC]: The sole unit US/NORAD got going for its recon tab is the Longbro. With everything else I'd always pick USSR and its options.

[VHC]: Basically TOW-2s, M163CS and Chimera vs. BMPT and Zhalo.

[HEL]: USA wins on AA helicopters, USSR on ground attack options.

[AIR]: Both got high-end ASFs, both got usable mid-tier ASFs, both got good ATGM planes, both got somewhat usable HE and Cluster bombers (USA only one per card on HE though), both got usable SEAD. In terms of strength, each deck has its own and both are roughly equal. US still needs a true multi-role though.

I'd argue that USSR is not worth by any means at all. In every tab the USSR has at least equal capabilities to the US/NORAD and in some it even surpasses them quite easily.

You thought that I was talking to you? I'm sorry you're wrong.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Mon 9 Jan 2017 16:47

another505 wrote:
urogard wrote:

Is still really powerful even though they dont have perfect accuracy.

my problem is that the bug causes the lgb's to miss by 1km and more as well as often not exploding even once the ground is hit

but it's not a serious threat to superheavy tanks anymore the way AP 30 missiles are.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Mon 9 Jan 2017 16:55

Xeno426 wrote:

Would be a deeply asymmetrical loadout and thus not carried. If only a single GBU-8 delivery was needed, one could be carried on the centerline of their A-4s.

:lol:
Xeno426 wrote:

Would be an asymmetric loadout.

you answered it before, and i replied

another505 wrote:Then i rather nerf the kurnass 1 per card, make it veteran/elite. Or actually just give them different smaller LGB.
Of Salt

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 9 Jan 2017 17:00

AmberT wrote:You thought that I was talking to you? I'm sorry you're wrong.

You thought you could make a public opinion and be unchallengeable by anyone except the person you were directly responding to? I'm sorry you don't understand how the world works.

Putting your opinion into the public arena means that opinion can be commented on and challenged by anybody. If that hurts your sensibilities, don't comment.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

AmberT
First Sergeant

Postby AmberT » Mon 9 Jan 2017 17:22

Xeno426 wrote:You thought you could make a public opinion and be unchallengeable by anyone except the person you were directly responding to? I'm sorry you don't understand how the world works.

Putting your opinion into the public arena means that opinion can be commented on and challenged by anybody. If that hurts your sensibilities, don't comment.

Do you really think that a replica of the forum can hurts my sensibilities? I do not want to waste time in disputes with professional fanboys, I would like to understand the point of view of certain players.

realfakealex
Lieutenant

Postby realfakealex » Mon 9 Jan 2017 17:24

Oh damn this is getting spicy

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”