GUN AA Comparison Chart

Sigirdiwarth
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: GUN AA Comparison Chart

Postby Sigirdiwarth » Wed 14 Dec 2016 23:27

JoonasTo wrote:HE/s takes into account the reload time. Which all guns do have, but the ones with infinite burst have a salvo so long that they empty their whole ammunition storage without having to do so. They only reload if you shoot them empty, like the M1992 spaag or ITPSV Marksman. This is why you use the Burst HE/s for their combat damage.

Ah, fair enough. One more thing, the otomatic will take 3 seconds at minimum (plus aim time) to kill a plane since it fires a round per second.

JoonasTo
Master Sergeant

Postby JoonasTo » Wed 14 Dec 2016 23:37

Sigirdiwarth wrote:
JoonasTo wrote:HE/s takes into account the reload time. Which all guns do have, but the ones with infinite burst have a salvo so long that they empty their whole ammunition storage without having to do so. They only reload if you shoot them empty, like the M1992 spaag or ITPSV Marksman. This is why you use the Burst HE/s for their combat damage.

Ah, fair enough. One more thing, the otomatic will take 3 seconds at minimum (plus aim time) to kill a plane since it fires a round per second.

No it doesn't. 0,6 firing interval on both HE and AP gun.
The psychotic Finnish wood-elf

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Wed 14 Dec 2016 23:50

Ah so maybe PGZ-88's reload time isn't a problem because it has infinite burst?

Sigirdiwarth
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Sigirdiwarth » Wed 14 Dec 2016 23:51

I stand corrected.

JoonasTo
Master Sergeant

Postby JoonasTo » Wed 14 Dec 2016 23:59

It is good to question all of this. There will be errors that will just lie there in wait for years if no one does. ^^

chykka wrote:Ah so maybe PGZ-88's reload time isn't a problem because it has infinite burst?

Yes, it has low damage but with the armour and no need to reload it's actually excellent anti-helo rush AA. Totally crappy vs planes though.

Comparable anti-plane system is the VEAK 40 from Sweden that has to reload after each salvo and has no armour but each salvo has enough damage to down a plane and it has the burst damage to actually do so.

edthebeast
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby edthebeast » Thu 15 Dec 2016 00:02

Am I right in thinking that the otomatic is the only SPAAG where 1 round of ammo used = 1 dmg roll? Sort of in the same way each grenade from an AGL is 1 dmg roll?
The only (probably) sane player to take a card of Akulas voluntarily..... UNTIL RED DRAGON!

JoonasTo
Master Sergeant

Postby JoonasTo » Thu 15 Dec 2016 00:04

I know that Otomatic is indeed one ammo=one roll, but can't from the top of my head remember if there are any others. I would guess not though.

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Postby HaryPL » Thu 15 Dec 2016 00:08

Buff Otomatic to 3325 anti-helo!
Kek.

On other note - does anyone take into account, when blabbing about Vulcans and Shilkas, that basic Blue heli-ATGM is 2625 while even almost every single RED nation/ each coalition has basic 2800 carriers, usually with 10HP and infantry-resistance to boot?

As long as anti-helicopters SPAAG go, any RED Gun-AA could* be fine with max 66-75% of BLUE performance at the same price for simple case of their targets dying halfway-through the damage required to kill RED heli. IF both RED and BLUE SPAAG had literally the same HE/s etc. at the same price brackets THEN there would be something obviously broken.
( *I said could, not should )

Sigirdiwarth
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Sigirdiwarth » Thu 15 Dec 2016 00:15

I'm sure comparing kokons to tow-2 will go a long way.

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Thu 15 Dec 2016 00:17

i see no reason why the pivads platform should have .2 second aim while all others have 1 second.

more modern tanks have a lower aimtime than less modern tanks, i can think of no reason why AA would be different.

and i believe no spaag should be able to fire on infantry before infantry can loose a rpg, assuming they spot eachother at the same time.
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”