SK-60B: Can it be saved?

urogard
Brigadier

Re: SK-60B: Can it be saved?

Postby urogard » Thu 15 Dec 2016 10:45

Fodder wrote:Plz find a way to save it plz.
And save the F 35 Draken too.

As long as they keep it SA it will remain shit.
Ground attack SA missiles with HE stats are worthless, look at ERYX. That's the only unit in the game capable of killing itself while operating its own weapon as intended.

Consequently there's no performance you can ever expect of Ground attack SA HE missiles. It needs a full reroll or giving it the LGB tweak, making it F&F again with reduced accuracy.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 15 Dec 2016 17:54

Seryn wrote:Regarding 0 ECM, That much I do understand, and why I recommended -60W. As more modern radar equipments are designed not be detected on return signals. And -60W iirc was a trainer for the Gripen so.......

Which means nothing. The upgrade was to keep the aircraft airworthy and useful as primary trainers, focusing on the engines and a new instrument panel for advanced flying.

Its job is still a primary trainer, so training for electronic systems would be done in two-seat conversion aircraft, not the SK 60.

Fodder wrote:And save the F 35 Draken too.

People keep saying this without describing how it can be saved.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Thu 15 Dec 2016 18:30

Xeno426 wrote:

Basically one needs to wave a magic wand and turn the Bullpup and the RB-05 into something they aren't. Either make them LGBs or AT missiles like the AJ.168 and the Kh-29. I don't know if people would use them if they were high AP/ low accuracy ATGM planes.

Or you give up, stick some buffed up 5" rockets on them and rerole the F-100D into something that wasn't out of service by 1980, possibly a light iron bomber Viggen to give Sweden the capability back.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Fri 16 Dec 2016 00:52

FrangibleCover wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:

Basically one needs to wave a magic wand and turn the Bullpup and the RB-05 into something they aren't. Either make them LGBs or AT missiles like the AJ.168 and the Kh-29. I don't know if people would use them if they were high AP/ low accuracy ATGM planes.

Or you give up, stick some buffed up 5" rockets on them and rerole the F-100D into something that wasn't out of service by 1980, possibly a light iron bomber Viggen to give Sweden the capability back.

Super Sabre is fine, it loads enough HE damage to make BMP-3s kick the bucket in 1 Pass.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 16 Dec 2016 01:28

Seryn wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:[To save the Danish Draken and SK-60] Basically one needs to wave a magic wand and turn the Bullpup and the RB-05 into something they aren't. Either make them LGBs or AT missiles like the AJ.168 and the Kh-29. I don't know if people would use them if they were high AP/ low accuracy ATGM planes.

Super Sabre is fine, it loads enough HE damage to make BMP-3s kick the bucket in 1 Pass.

It's not only fine in game, which wasn't my complaint, it was operated until 1982 and I've put my foot in my mouth! Oh well.

The point remains. If you want the Danish Draken and the SK-60 to be good you have to either turn the Bullpup and RB-05 into something they weren't, rerole the aircraft without losing Sweden's aerial HE delivery capability, seriously reduce the deadliness of the strike environment for all aircraft so they can come back for a second and third shot at the target (a VERY bad plan) or reduce their price and increase their availability until they become good, which carries its own problems.

Which would you like?
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Fri 16 Dec 2016 09:23

If some aircraft have to be losers, I'm fine with the antiquated swedish trainer getting the short end of the stick.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Sev
First Sergeant

Postby Sev » Fri 16 Dec 2016 11:24

Rerolling it into something like the S. Korean A-37 might be possible, if not entirely useful. At the end of the day,the SK-60 is really limited by being an old trainer jet bumbling slowly around the battlefield.

urogard wrote:look at ERYX. That's the only unit in the game capable of killing itself while operating its own weapon as intended.

that made me laugh :lol:

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Fri 16 Dec 2016 13:07

It doesn't even work anymore though. The missile goes into space and has for a long time and I think they nerfed the turning radius of the missile so bad it cannot hit anything if it wasn't broken.

What is done to it doesn't really matter as much as something being done so it at least works and isn't literally broken.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Fri 16 Dec 2016 13:20

Sev wrote:Rerolling it into something like the S. Korean A-37 might be possible, if not entirely useful. At the end of the day,the SK-60 is really limited by being an old trainer jet bumbling slowly around the battlefield.

urogard wrote:look at ERYX. That's the only unit in the game capable of killing itself while operating its own weapon as intended.

that made me laugh :lol:

Dutch Vuurploeg get the job done for half the price.
And they like crowded back front and side blast areas, sometimes they can't decide whether they are FIST or MANPADS...

Massive Entertainment hired Vuurploeg for the scene at 1:00 :lol:
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Fri 16 Dec 2016 14:57

It used to be amazing when it hit all the time. Now it's rather pointless.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”