[Commentary] US Unit Choices In 1vs1 Ranked (Dec 2016)

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7497
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: [Commentary] US Unit Choices In 1vs1 Ranked (Dec 2016)

Postby Razzmann » Sat 28 Jan 2017 15:04

urogard wrote:I know that they are now actually pickable in a USA deck
Before they were not worth the deck slot unless in very specific situations and hence not worth to be picked in general.

Why though? What actual role do they fill now?

Before they were fairly cost effective for pure city fights, but what can they do now that AT-4 infantry (or CG infantry in Norad) can't do?

Dimebag94407
Sergeant
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri 19 Jun 2015 19:05
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: [Commentary] US Unit Choices In 1vs1 Ranked (Dec 2016)

Postby Dimebag94407 » Sat 28 Jan 2017 15:38

Razzmann wrote:
urogard wrote:I know that they are now actually pickable in a USA deck
Before they were not worth the deck slot unless in very specific situations and hence not worth to be picked in general.

Why though? What actual role do they fill now?

Before they were fairly cost effective for pure city fights, but what can they do now that AT-4 infantry (or CG infantry in Norad) can't do?


UDT SEAL clone----->Wouldn't take them outside of national deck for shit and giggles.

Are they outperformed by Marines '90 for anti-infantry duty? I think that's what we need to think about, now that they have the same price (I honestly don't know the answer).

User avatar
PzAz04Maus
Lieutenant
Posts: 1368
Joined: Sat 22 Mar 2014 01:42
Contact:

Re: [Commentary] US Unit Choices In 1vs1 Ranked (Dec 2016)

Postby PzAz04Maus » Sat 28 Jan 2017 15:48

Razzmann wrote:
urogard wrote:I know that they are now actually pickable in a USA deck
Before they were not worth the deck slot unless in very specific situations and hence not worth to be picked in general.

Why though? What actual role do they fill now?

Before they were fairly cost effective for pure city fights, but what can they do now that AT-4 infantry (or CG infantry in Norad) can't do?


From what I've been seeing, Delta can now effectively fight against infantry backed up with serious FSVs by cutting some pretty heavy duty transports more quickly. I've noticed that because Delta seem to take less morale damage than when they had the M72 LAW, which shows through the impression that they seem to ruck through forests much faster now. However, that could be my impression because I'm starting to gain an intuitive understanding of infantry speed.

Either way, the inclusion of even a single 1 armor .50 cal tank seems to represent a significant amount of suppression. M72s were likely having their paltry accuracy undermined from morale effects before they could strike a 1HK on those transports. Taken in a larger context, Delta meeting up against combined arms were probably 'running in the red' more often than not because they'd be constantly making contact with 1, 2, 3 AV vehicles before they could regain their ATW's accuracy back.

That said, Delta's advantages are arguably their speed and elite status ( the standard SF bonus ). Now that they have something that will reliably kill 2 AV transports in 1 shot, they are agile and capable. ( I don't remember what Canada's SF are) Otherwise, they're just better riflemen.

urogard
Brigadier
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun 4 May 2014 13:31
Contact:

Re: [Commentary] US Unit Choices In 1vs1 Ranked (Dec 2016)

Postby urogard » Sat 28 Jan 2017 16:48

Dimebag94407 wrote:
Razzmann wrote:
urogard wrote:I know that they are now actually pickable in a USA deck
Before they were not worth the deck slot unless in very specific situations and hence not worth to be picked in general.

Why though? What actual role do they fill now?

Before they were fairly cost effective for pure city fights, but what can they do now that AT-4 infantry (or CG infantry in Norad) can't do?


UDT SEAL clone----->Wouldn't take them outside of national deck for shit and giggles.

Are they outperformed by Marines '90 for anti-infantry duty? I think that's what we need to think about, now that they have the same price (I honestly don't know the answer).

I might not pick them in a NORAD deck, I didn't go that far yet to look at it.

But in a pure USA deck:
You can't bring Marines in humvees, so fast land grab at start goes to deltas, especially now that humvee has been given 10 hp (another indirect buff to deltas).
Also the fact that they have a non-shit RPG now means that it's not complete suicide to send deltas into forest without other infantry/tanks (basically fielding deltas to clear forests is not more expensive than when they used to be priced at 25 pts per squad since you dont need to buy other units to give them RPG cover).

So basically before you had deltas for city fighting only, now they can also be sent into forests.

If i have to go through a forest and have plenty of time to reach it, i'll still pick marines and LVTP-7A1 for 45 pts.

Dimebag94407
Sergeant
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri 19 Jun 2015 19:05
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: [Commentary] US Unit Choices In 1vs1 Ranked (Dec 2016)

Postby Dimebag94407 » Sat 28 Jan 2017 17:15

urogard wrote:I might not pick them in a NORAD deck, I didn't go that far yet to look at it.

But in a pure USA deck:
You can't bring Marines in humvees, so fast land grab at start goes to deltas, especially now that humvee has been given 10 hp (another indirect buff to deltas).
Also the fact that they have a non-shit RPG now means that it's not complete suicide to send deltas into forest without other infantry/tanks (basically fielding deltas to clear forests is not more expensive than when they used to be priced at 25 pts per squad since you dont need to buy other units to give them RPG cover).

So basically before you had deltas for city fighting only, now they can also be sent into forests.

If i have to go through a forest and have plenty of time to reach it, i'll still pick marines and LVTP-7A1 for 45 pts.


So, would you say that, with the DPS issue unresolved and AT capabilities being similar, picking them or the marines depends on how much you value a moto opening?

urogard
Brigadier
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun 4 May 2014 13:31
Contact:

Re: [Commentary] US Unit Choices In 1vs1 Ranked (Dec 2016)

Postby urogard » Sat 28 Jan 2017 19:54

Dimebag94407 wrote:So, would you say that, with the DPS issue unresolved and AT capabilities being similar, picking them or the marines depends on how much you value a moto opening?

I guess?
Anti Inf capability is almost equal deltas vs marines.
RPG is better on deltas because elite + 60% acc has good chance to hit even panicked. Marines will struggle when panicked to hit with their RPG in forest.

So yeah, in effect the only difference is wheeled humvee vs tracked 3AV lvtp + agl

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests