Humvee

Razzmann
General

Re: Humvee

Postby Razzmann » Tue 20 Dec 2016 14:31

If that is true, then you seemingly can make Norad work, so I don't see your problem.

GuerreroDelAlba
Sergeant First-Class

Postby GuerreroDelAlba » Tue 20 Dec 2016 15:05

Razzmann wrote:If that is true, then you seemingly can make Norad work, so I don't see your problem.

The problem is, it's too hard and very unreasonable, if it wasn't for canada, my deck would be trash, In ranked games, other units outperform USA very easily, now with the new dlcs Israel, Entente and Baltic Front outperform American Infantry easily, Transports too theirs can do things better, faster, harder and cheaper, people run around with insane Motorized non radar f&f AA, so prowlers/raven are useless, and so is the Longbow with all the very cost efficient AA and people charging planes at it, and even then Redfor helicopters are way stronger than the bunch of weak cobras usa has, the tanks are okay, but the recon is average at best, other nations have tanks as recon, and decent infantry recon, israel has ATGM recon the Maglans and Finland has the AA recon, the light vehicle recon are better than the lav25, the support tab is okay, but i really don't like the airforce, if it wasn't for canada, the ASF would be very expensive, the bombers are expensive and have very limited availavility, like F-111E are bad because they have a very linear bombs unload, you only get 1 card with 1 D Eagle that is going to get shot down in it's first run by either 2 ITO 90 or 2 M90 Sava, sometimes only 1 is needed, and the nighthawk, it's a miracle if that thing survives any Missile AA worth 40-60 pts and you only get one as well. I mean, every nation has it's strenghts and weakness but usa's weakness really lack some logic.

And im not the kind of guy that switches decks around every time a patch is out, because i don't like to exploit decks, the last months before the patch it was 80% of the people playing Eastern Block, literally. there has always been a lack of balance in this game since the very beggining, but each time it gets more and more ridiculous

Medan
Warrant Officer

Postby Medan » Tue 20 Dec 2016 15:21

#freedomtears

Terracos
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Terracos » Tue 20 Dec 2016 15:27

I dont really see the weakness of the USA being that bad. They have their "holes" but Canada actually fills the Infantry ones pretty good. AA is not really bad, yeah there is no wheeled super AA piece (except Patriot) but US main strength is anyway Mechanized Forces so Chaps are not that bad.

The only thing that makes me really cry is the lack of a good Rocketplane. As seen in the thread about how to play US, the Harrier is the choice to go but this thing is terribly slow and this is not in the advantage of the role. Certain planes are better slow, but a rocketpod one should be fast. This is one of the main gaps i feel when playing US (same goes for EC). You dont really need a bomb truck in most of the games and therefore the D-Eagle is not necessary anyway.

There are actually two more things that would make the US pretty great and "special". Give the Humvee-Tow/Tow2 and the Mk19-humvee (without optics) as transports for riflemen. I know 10 people dont fit in there but they also dont fit in the normal Humvee. This would not change the lack of ACs for a motorised opener, but it would add something different. And no new models or anything have to be added.

JohnDaBarr
Sergeant

Postby JohnDaBarr » Tue 20 Dec 2016 15:36

GuerreroDelAlba wrote:
Razzmann wrote:If that is true, then you seemingly can make Norad work, so I don't see your problem.

The problem is, it's too hard and very unreasonable, if it wasn't for canada, my deck would be trash, In ranked games, other units outperform USA very easily, now with the new dlcs Israel, Entente and Baltic Front outperform American Infantry easily, Transports too theirs can do things better, faster, harder and cheaper, people run around with insane Motorized non radar f&f AA, so prowlers/raven are useless, and so is the Longbow with all the very cost efficient AA and people charging planes at it, and even then Redfor helicopters are way stronger than the bunch of weak cobras usa has, the tanks are okay, but the recon is average at best, other nations have tanks as recon, and decent infantry recon, israel has ATGM recon the Maglans and Finland has the AA recon, the light vehicle recon are better than the lav25, the support tab is okay, but i really don't like the airforce, if it wasn't for canada, the ASF would be very expensive, the bombers are expensive and have very limited availavility, like F-111E are bad because they have a very linear bombs unload, you only get 1 card with 1 D Eagle that is going to get shot down in it's first run by either 2 ITO 90 or 2 M90 Sava, sometimes only 1 is needed, and the nighthawk, it's a miracle if that thing survives any Missile AA worth 40-60 pts and you only get one as well. I mean, every nation has it's strenghts and weakness but usa's weakness really lack some logic.

And im not the kind of guy that switches decks around every time a patch is out, because i don't like to exploit decks, the last months before the patch it was 80% of the people playing Eastern Block, literally. there has always been a lack of balance in this game since the very beggining, but each time it gets more and more ridiculous

AS someone who likes to play with Norad my advice to you is to try other decks, especially those you lose against. That is the best way to find out for yourself that those ''omnipotent'' units people lose units to are not omnipotent and in fact actually have limitations. So knowing limitations of those units will allow you to neutralize them.

That said I do believe USA should get Delta Force '90.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Wed 21 Dec 2016 01:14

GuerreroDelAlba wrote:It's a LAV, By terminology it's a Light Armored Vehicle. it really could be anything, an exact Definition Does not Exist. people use the terminolgy they want, is it a vehicle? Yes. Is it Armored? Yes. is it considered Light? Yes. And it also Transports Troops. it might as well be a LAV or a APC. they're both correct.

LAV is the name for the Canadian versions of the MOWAG Piranha, it is short for Light Armoured Vehicle; calling other things LAVs is like calling any four wheeled SUV sized truck a HMMWV, or any APC a M113. You can call other things light armoured vehicles, but not LAVs. When it comes to discussing military hardware, insistent terminology is important to ensure that everybody is on the same page.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 21 Dec 2016 01:19

Terracos wrote:They have their "holes" but Canada actually fills the Infantry ones pretty good.

This is 360 flavors of lame
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Wed 21 Dec 2016 03:08

Did someone just complain about an exception stealth unit? Or the fact USA gets the rather silly (70% Stab? Really?) AVENGER system. Thought that was silly? M163 CS. Can park next to a FOB and kill any infantry it outranges, even in a horde, COMVAT, bane of cost effective IFVs, CEV, BOOM, enough said, tho nerfs were far unwarranted however.

America is pretty meh, but its pretty meh with some drizzles of awesomesauce, more than what BDs can say

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 21 Dec 2016 03:26

Seryn wrote:Did someone just complain about an exception stealth unit?

Nighthawk isn't very good anymore.

Seryn wrote:Or the fact USA gets the rather silly (70% Stab? Really?) AVENGER system.

Not very good because of the range.

Seryn wrote:Thought that was silly? M163 CS. Can park next to a FOB and kill any infantry it outranges, even in a horde,

Haven't actually seen it do infantry mass murder better than Afghanskii or anything with a grenade launcher.

Seryn wrote:COMVAT, bane of cost effective IFVs, CEV, BOOM, enough said, tho nerfs were far unwarranted however.

COMVAT is strongly okay. Too bad the HVMS does everything it does better...

Seryn wrote:America is pretty meh, but its pretty meh with some drizzles of awesomesauce, more than what BDs can say

BDs have some good stuff.

Infantry tab is about equal to the US as far as I use it. They have an infantry ATGM, the US doesn't.

Closed Arrow is Avenger only better. K9 thunder is good. Short Arrow is Chaparral A3 on wheels. They have Guntank and Biho, the US just has PIVADS, which they also have in the form of K263. Tank tab is marginally worse because they have no M1A2 equivalent.

It's the same way down the rest of the deck.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Wed 21 Dec 2016 04:19

GuerreroDelAlba wrote:

I played a mirror match against you the other day as waiting for player, and I felt that although your play was good you didn't exploit some of the more flavorful norad stuff. I know it's odd but cobras, atacms, and M1 abrams really do exploit current holes in the lineups of nations reliant upon ifvs or superheavies. Also I tend to forgo bombing as norad entirely, all their options are shit. They have the best rocket plane (skyhawk) and most towns now can be smoked or ignored.

Re: shitty planes I don't think you can expect a lone card of cf 188 to secure air dominance. At least throw in a tomcat, otherwise the polish MiG29 or L19 will bully norad for days.

Imo norad is better than it used to be, provided you play to their strengths. They struggle on some forested maps, but the M1 can be useful there and the 495 can also be swapped in when the ranges are too short to make tanks useful.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”