Humvee

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Re: Humvee

Postby GARGEAN » Wed 21 Dec 2016 12:41

another505 wrote:Oh and closed beta....... were you there to witness the meme?

Nah. Didn't you knew that T-72BU with 50% acc was absolutely balanced against M1A2 with 25 AP?

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Wed 21 Dec 2016 16:22

GuerreroDelAlba wrote:The problem is, it's too hard and very unreasonable, if it wasn't for canada, my deck would be trash, In ranked games, other units outperform USA very easily, now with the new dlcs Israel, Entente and Baltic Front outperform American Infantry easily, Transports too theirs can do things better, faster, harder and cheaper, people run around with insane Motorized non radar f&f AA, so prowlers/raven are useless, and so is the Longbow with all the very cost efficient AA and people charging planes at it, and even then Redfor helicopters are way stronger than the bunch of weak cobras usa has, the tanks are okay, but the recon is average at best, other nations have tanks as recon, and decent infantry recon, israel has ATGM recon the Maglans and Finland has the AA recon, the light vehicle recon are better than the lav25, the support tab is okay, but i really don't like the airforce, if it wasn't for canada, the ASF would be very expensive, the bombers are expensive and have very limited availavility, like F-111E are bad because they have a very linear bombs unload, you only get 1 card with 1 D Eagle that is going to get shot down in it's first run by either 2 ITO 90 or 2 M90 Sava, sometimes only 1 is needed, and the nighthawk, it's a miracle if that thing survives any Missile AA worth 40-60 pts and you only get one as well. I mean, every nation has it's strenghts and weakness but usa's weakness really lack some logic.
I wouldn't really say NORAD is worth much anymore. Canada's infantry combos are pretty much dead besides Eryx and that plus Wolverine and Leopards aren't quite worth the -5AP. This is my current NORAD deck and honestly it's not really worth all that much now that US infantry can somewhat stand on their own.

I'm still trying to get good Bushmasters in (or at least decent) for the US, but currently, you still have some meme FSV left:
    -M3A2s are still somewhat decent provided the enemy does not buy mortars too soon (or ever, in that game's case).
    -It honestly boggles my mind how the CS is still as hilarious as it is. It's balanced for being twice the price (or four times) of some other FSVs but it's still hilarious when the enemy fails to pay attention to it. Still don't quite agree with the SMAW price change though.
    -The Nighthawk is almost indisputably the best 1v1/2v2 bomber in the game, hands down. The only other planes that can hold a candle to its power are Galeb (this thing is still ridiculous) and Su-27M. Kurnass offers more per card so it's a better card by far, but lacks the tactical options the Nighthawk provides. There is no way the enemy is putting a Newa M1T on every flank where infantry play is vital, so that's when they lose ~100pts in Padobracni to 1000kgs of freedom (btw, I feel like it's gotten harder to split the Nighthawk LGBs, and IDK why).
The US needs help, but it's not totally fucked currently. Riflemen can actually fight nowadays.

Killertomato wrote:COMVAT is strongly okay. Too bad the HVMS does everything it does better...
COMVAT is strongly bad. It is nowhere near okay.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 21 Dec 2016 16:31

With all the cries about how bad the M1 line is, why no Mexas?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 21 Dec 2016 16:37

another505 wrote:
Mike wrote:
another505 wrote:Oh and closed beta....... were you there to witness the meme?

The Smash Smerch?

every form of MLRS was broken back then, but smerch was the top.

Pre DLC-1 was worse in my opinion. its Closed Beta, you are expecting changes and patches so have some fun.

But Pre DLC-1, was a long trek of pain. blufor was in complete dominance, the meta was helo drops(stop +unload), chally 2 with 10 15pts 7fav centurions in the front to protect it.

redfor complete shit. RD was utterly crap, USSR's theme was everything being overpriced, T80u was 170pts with 40 accuracy, no autoloader!! EB wasnt alive then

I remember the BU was garage and the M1A2 was based God with perfect stabs and 25AP. :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Wed 21 Dec 2016 16:41

Razzmann wrote:With all the cries about how bad the M1 line is, why no Mexas?
The point of the cheap tank card in this deck is to be a meatshield. If I actually wanted a performing tank I would have grabbed MEXAS. The 70-85pt bracket just isn't worth taking with M-84A and Vihor basically making the entire class irrelevant. The HA has the good fortune of basically hard countering DLC tank tabs sans the (pocket) superheavies so it's my bread and butter at the moment. Kind of wish the M1A1 got 20AP too. It just feels weird seeing the two with different AP stats.

Mike wrote:I remember the BU was garage and the M1A2 was based God with perfect stabs and 25AP. :lol:
Oh the days of one shotting T-72A at max range. :cry:

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Wed 21 Dec 2016 20:47

Razzmann wrote:With all the cries about how bad the M1 line is, why no Mexas?

The mexas was decent when a K1 was the heaviest tank you were likely to see, but at this point the only thing people use mediums for is popping transports- a task for which mexas is overkill.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”