Have You Ever Noticed This Level Of Detail?

twan11
First Sergeant

Have You Ever Noticed This Level Of Detail?

Postby twan11 » Thu 22 Dec 2016 00:11

Hi everyone

So recently, while playing a naval battle in the campaign, things got sticky and I slowed the time to a crawl (bullet time) to give orders. I zoomed into an anti-ship missile and noticed that it looked pretty realistic, it was a Moskit, and it actually looked like one. It wasn't just a red flash traveling, it was an actual missile model!

In another battle, a tank battle between my T-64's and some Japanese Kyu-Maru Shikis, I slowed the time to bullet time again to assign targets, and I decided to zoom in and see if the ATGMs were modeled too, and they are. They all (or at least the few different ones I checked) look like their real world counterparts.

The same applies to a few SAMs I checked, really interesting!

It's nice that they took the time to do this, especially since lots of people might never notice. I just found out a few days ago!

If I remember, I'll check infantry AT weapons, FIST ATGM squads, etc.
Wargame: Airland Battle deck system...In Red Dragon.

Awesomer
Master Sergeant

Re: Have You Ever Noticed This Level Of Detail?

Postby Awesomer » Thu 22 Dec 2016 00:57

twan11 wrote:Hi everyone

So recently, while playing a naval battle in the campaign, things got sticky and I slowed the time to a crawl (bullet time) to give orders. I zoomed into an anti-ship missile and noticed that it looked pretty realistic, it was a Moskit, and it actually looked like one. It wasn't just a red flash traveling, it was an actual missile model!

In another battle, a tank battle between my T-64's and some Japanese Kyu-Maru Shikis, I slowed the time to bullet time again to assign targets, and I decided to zoom in and see if the ATGMs were modeled too, and they are. They all (or at least the few different ones I checked) look like their real world counterparts.

It's nice that they took the time to do this, especially since lots of people might never notice. I just found out a few days ago!

Just remember to thank your local Eugen employee! All seriousness though, for all the trolling we do, these guys did make an awesome game, and to boot, they actually listen to and respect their fans.
:)

realfakealex
Lieutenant

Postby realfakealex » Thu 22 Dec 2016 01:26

they do sure put a lot of detail here... apart from the odd wrong model :lol: :lol:

twan11
First Sergeant

Postby twan11 » Thu 22 Dec 2016 01:32

Awesomer wrote:
twan11 wrote:Hi everyone

Just remember to thank your local Eugen employee! All seriousness though, for all the trolling we do, these guys did make an awesome game, and to boot, they actually listen to and respect their fans.
:)

Yep, it is very cheap too, I think I bought it for 20 or 30$ US, compared to some garbage that costs 60-100.

I bought EE and ALB together as a pack for probably 20$ too, I can't remember. Amazing value.
Last edited by twan11 on Thu 22 Dec 2016 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Wargame: Airland Battle deck system...In Red Dragon.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Thu 22 Dec 2016 01:35

I am very satisfied with the modelwork on Yugoslavia. Every input was acknowledged and taken into account. Modelwise, there's only one mistake, and it is minor (Vidra turret).

There's some texture discrepancies (Desert Patton), but I already fixed all for my personal use. Minor things.

All in all, I am very satisfied with the level of detail invested into Wargame. 1988 units is no joke.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

CrazyRus29
Master Sergeant

Postby CrazyRus29 » Thu 22 Dec 2016 02:46

Playing USSR most of the time. The reasons why i'm not satisfied by current level of detail were mentioned a lot of times.
Ded Moroz, Santa Claus, Père Noël or whoever, please, give Eugen some motivation to update old models next year. i even ready to throw some roubles to my monitor i have no PayPal to pay Razzmann
Last edited by CrazyRus29 on Thu 22 Dec 2016 02:48, edited 1 time in total.

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby M4jor » Thu 22 Dec 2016 02:47

I would sacrifice 99% of all that details for better, flawless gameplay.

I zoomed in 4 years ago in W:EE, but after some times I had seen it all. Wargame is a game where tank consist of some pixels, details are way overrated and too much development time put into it (maybe and IMO).

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”