Coaxial Guns

Scheintot887
Sergeant

Coaxial Guns

Postby Scheintot887 » Thu 29 Dec 2016 06:03

Hello forum!

Why some APCs like the chinese WZ 551 do not have a coaxial gun and some IFV like the LAV-25 do?
The same goes for the M2 Bradley which in reality is provided with coaxial mg gun.

I don't see any mechanic here which would make it too powerful.

Think about it.

Greetings

PzAz04Maus
Lieutenant

Re: Coaxial Guns

Postby PzAz04Maus » Thu 29 Dec 2016 07:07

I believe the the LAV-25 has a pintle mounted MG.

The game engine has two issues: 1. coaxial guns cannot fire simultaneously with their primary arm, so that would constitute a nerf for any main gun that has an GPMG coax, and 2. ground vehicles need to adhere to the three weapon rule. Adding large numbers of coax guns in general would break a lot of Soviet tanks, for instance.

axnone
First Sergeant

Postby axnone » Thu 29 Dec 2016 07:31

in the WZ-551 case,who needs an mg when you have an autocannon?
Coaxial guns can`t fire simultaneously,see the french tanks with Coaxial autocannons.
二营长你他娘的PLZ-45呢,给我拉来!
Spoiler : :
A better Zhanshi`85(`90) for China!
RPG and\or price buff,Type 81 optional.
Dream come true?
:arrow: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59331#p1019327

Scheintot887
Sergeant

Postby Scheintot887 » Thu 29 Dec 2016 08:30

PzAz04Maus wrote:I believe the the LAV-25 has a pintle mounted MG.

The game engine has two issues: 1. coaxial guns cannot fire simultaneously with their primary arm, so that would constitute a nerf for any main gun that has an GPMG coax, and 2. ground vehicles need to adhere to the three weapon rule. Adding large numbers of coax guns in general would break a lot of Soviet tanks, for instance.

In reality you cannot shoot your coaxial gun at the same time either. It is the same principle.

I see the point with more micromanagement but I think it is possible to code that it just would use the coaxial gun when the maingun is empty, damaged or disabled by player.

By the way, it would not be necessary to add the coaxial guns to every vehicle in-game. I am just speaking of the vehicles which do not have all three slots filled.
Without removing anything which is obviously more importent to the vehicle like for example ATGMs.

axnone wrote:in the WZ-551 case,who needs an mg when you have an autocannon?

I do not realy like to see the typical "who needs it" answer.

It is a point of view, a playstyle. Either you like it or not. Does not mean that everything you do not like should get banned out of space.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Thu 29 Dec 2016 09:24

Been answered. Firm no. Way too much work for a feature that provides zero gameplay value.

Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”