Tanks, high vet vs low vet

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Tanks, high vet vs low vet

Postby M4jor » Thu 5 Jan 2017 20:51

morpher wrote:
molnibalage wrote:
urogard wrote:Units are capped at 70% accuracy
Anything beyond that simply increases your chance at dealing criticals (more damage, debuffs, etc)
Taking armored with superheavies therefore allows your tanks to deal criticals on a very regular basis

And 4 Leopard 1A5 have close to no chance vs any superheavy anywhere outside of forest minimum ranges

How many times will post this statement? Or the calc. ACC value above the weapons are false? You can see way higher values than 70%... Or are we speaking about base ACC?

1 - Base acc is capped at 70%.
2 - Displayed acc in game is true.

I cant stop wondering.
I cannot count how often units with displayed situational accuracy of 99% MISS in game...
There seem to be magical formulas that cap the displayed accuracy, because its in fact lower than displayed.
But on point blank range tanks never miss at all, with the same 99% hit chance displayed.

Infantry on the other hand... seems to be unable to hit anything directly in front of it no matter how high or low the acc is :D

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Fri 6 Jan 2017 02:51

yeah, armoured is more of a way to keep your tanks in good morale.

veteran and elite tanks never seem to go past worried, unless in a cluster barrage or direct high HE artillery.

it doesnt matter so much in tank on tank engagements at range, but when your meat shield transports get blown up, with rocket fire shredding the infantry behind them, you want your t72 to come out of the bushes saying "pudge you, i'm a tank"
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 6 Jan 2017 08:11

wargamer1985 wrote:
Razzmann wrote:
urogard wrote:Units are capped at 70% accuracy

Pretty sure that original statement meant that there is no (non-naval) unit with more than 70% base accuracy.

Crotale strikes again!

Moskit on Su-27K has 80% accuracy I think.
Courtesy of KattiValk

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Fri 6 Jan 2017 14:19

Base accuracy is simply too high. I miss the times in European Escalation when I was assaulting enemy positions with masses of T-72 Urals that had 15% accuracy while standstill.

Ribar
Warrant Officer

Postby Ribar » Fri 6 Jan 2017 19:49

I think taking armored or any other specialized deck does not give you much of a benefit when it comes to unit efficiency, it comes more to the unit slot price and availability. With armored you can afford more cards of tanks, but that's pretty much all of it, no other real advantages. Same applies to other specialized decks. Taking infantry-oriented decks like motorized gives you only more and cheaper cards of infantry, enemy can still take SF with elite veterancy, but at lower numbers.

PS
Beating an elephant with an elephant is not how this game is supposed to be. Try mouse instead ;) (or incendiary pigs :lol: )
Image :mrgreen:

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Fri 6 Jan 2017 19:55

Ribar wrote:I think taking armored or any other specialized deck does not give you much of a benefit when it comes to unit efficiency, it comes more to the unit slot price and availability. With armored you can afford more cards of tanks, but that's pretty much all of it, no other real advantages. Same applies to other specialized decks. Taking infantry-oriented decks like motorized gives you only more and cheaper cards of infantry, enemy can still take SF with elite veterancy, but at lower numbers.

PS
Beating an elephant with an elephant is not how this game is supposed to be. Try mouse instead ;) (or incendiary pigs :lol: )

Incendiary pigs? You mean M-91A Vihors with the Commander name of Ribarcina? I'm up fpr some bacon anyday. 8-)

In more serious news. Beating an elephant with an elephant is stupid. Use an Eagle. CAW!

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Sat 7 Jan 2017 02:52

morpher wrote:1 - Base acc is capped at 70%.

Capped ? Surely you mean, no unit has more than 70%
Because it is not capped at 70%. And never was.

It's 3 and a half years old. And that point of the engine hasn't change a bit.
By the way "Precision" = Accuracy and Accuracy 20=100% accuracy

morpher
Major-General

Postby morpher » Sat 7 Jan 2017 14:38

Darkmil wrote:

One unit has more than 70%.

It is a policy afaik.

The RL reason they gave was that marketing/nationalistic claims about super accurate weapons are bullshit. What a shame they forgot about this for the DLCs.

edthebeast
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby edthebeast » Sat 7 Jan 2017 18:20

Darkmil wrote:

I think what is meant is that the elite accuracy bonus caps at 80%, with any additional accuracy translating into higher crit chance. The accuracy can still climb higher with range scaling, size etc, but at max range 80% accuracy is the maximum. Also the crotale on the LaFayette has 80% acc base (which is both realistic and balanced, like all naval)
The only (probably) sane player to take a card of Akulas voluntarily..... UNTIL RED DRAGON!

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Sat 7 Jan 2017 18:35

edthebeast wrote:I think what is meant is that the elite accuracy bonus caps at 80%, with any additional accuracy translating into higher crit chance. The accuracy can still climb higher with range scaling, size etc, but at max range 80% accuracy is the maximum.

No it isn't, download the wargame modding suite and try it for yourself. You can set 100% accuracy and you will get 100% CTH Without range scaling and without size.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”