Israel and ATGMs

Markenzwieback
Captain

Israel and ATGMs

Postby Markenzwieback » Sun 8 Jan 2017 18:39

Just trying to get the discussion out of the "Post your best kills thread" for now.

What has been written so far (how we got there):
Spoiler : :
Markenzwieback wrote:lmao what is smoke? Those Maglans weren't moved the entire game and yet people are too retarded to smoke them off when moving high-value units into frontline cover. Better nerf them further! :roll:

Also, people simply don't know how to deal with Perehs now that they have stabs. It's hilarious to play them right now. :twisted:

realfakealex wrote:Too bad you lost the game :lol: :lol: :lol:

Markenzwieback wrote:No wonder when someone is going scumbag Soviet and decides to fap over a dual Smerch start on Highway to Seoul as well as playing our superbly balanced new DLC nation (hinthint: I am not talking about Finland). ;)

realfakealex wrote:israel is pretty balanced imo

Markenzwieback wrote:But Yugoslavia is not

CommanderDef wrote:IMO it's still vice versa, Israel much stronger. Nevermind. So how do we deal with Pereh now that is has stabilizer?

Markenzwieback wrote:The same way you deal with Maglans or any kind of ATGM really: Smoke

CommanderDef wrote:Smoke doesn't kill it.

Markenzwieback wrote:But it lets you get in close and personal. At gun range the Pereh is dead; it cannot run with its 55km/h and dies easily with 6 armor. Mortars and arty do work too with one top armor.

If you really want to hunt it down, three BMP-3s should easily do the trick for the USSR. First gets taken out but the other two catch it due to superior speed. Other than that, Konkurs infantry has taken several of my Perehs from me so far... :cry:

And in the end it cost just as much as a medium tank.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:> Brags about unit kills with meme units...

> Then complains about meme units...

Markenzwieback wrote::roll:

Those were triple nerfed Maglans and I simply used the example to highlight how at least half of the players don't know what smoke is.

Also, is the Pereh a meme unit now that it go stabilizers or am I missing something?

CommanderDef wrote:I'm not saying it's invincible, but even before stabs it was extremely hard to kill it, especially as it can kill Dyna in instant. And that was before it could move away from Arkan. Right, so unless you have USSR with 2800m stabilized ATGM, you can't engage it on open terrain at all.

Markenzwieback wrote:Smoke
Infantry ATGMs (the distance between 2975 and 2625 is closed faster than you think)

Yes its pretty damn strong right now (rightfully so imo), but you can work your way around it with the investment of 60 points for one or two mortars.

nuke92 wrote:Well depends on the definition of meme... ammo load of 24, stabs, godlike range and AP, SALH, although with the nerf to Maglans (which could have been fixed by 1 card limit btw instead of nerf hammer) probably needed for a standalone nation :?

On the other hand a heavy tank in recon tab.

And now my two cents:
  • Maglan should be equipped with Spike-SR (yes I know its heavily out of time frame) and have its ranged reduced to 1525m while keeping accuracy and AP. Strength back to 10 man, missiles up to 5, price back to 40 points.
  • Pereh and Hafiz are both in a very fine spot if you ask me. Expensive for a fragile, yet hard hitting launcher.

urogard
Brigadier

Re: Israel and ATGMs

Postby urogard » Sun 8 Jan 2017 18:56

giving them stabs was a dumb ass decision from a game balance perspective
they were dangerous before but you could use smoke to deal with them
now it's just reaching troll levels since they can avoid all smoke by moving and still keep firing

Stug
Private

Postby Stug » Sun 8 Jan 2017 19:00

Pereh is way more overpowered , speed , armor , range and reload rate / firerate and carries a shitload of missiles ( 26 i think ) . Not many people take it tho cause its around 110 - 120 points

2nd: North Korea is the best country on earth and is vastly superior to nato #NK

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Sun 8 Jan 2017 19:32

I don't quite understand why ANY ground ATGM should get stabs.

We've already discussed that in the "Make USSR sufficient again" thread and it's rather hard to actually hit while moving with an ATGM .

Moreover the fact that some tanks and Israeli ATGM vehicles can have stabs just ruin regular ATGM vehicles because most of the time they will die before even hitting the target.

IMO we should just remove stabs on every ground launched ATGM and instead buff those with underwhelming accuracy (*looks at REDFOR*) and/or price buff them. The Pereh could get better armor instead (it's an M48 with ERA after all).

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sun 8 Jan 2017 19:34

Bougnas wrote:IMO we should just remove stabs on every ground launched ATGM and instead buff those with underwhelming accuracy (*looks at REDFOR*) and/or price buff them. The Pereh could get better armor instead (it's an M48 with ERA after all).

That I would support in an instant.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 8 Jan 2017 19:38

realfakealex
Lieutenant

Postby realfakealex » Sun 8 Jan 2017 19:43

urogard wrote:giving them stabs was a dumb ass decision from a game balance perspective
they were dangerous before but you could use smoke to deal with them
now it's just reaching troll levels since they can avoid all smoke by moving and still keep firing

Smoke the unit it's firing at....

feed it useless targets....

Awesomer
Master Sergeant

Postby Awesomer » Sun 8 Jan 2017 20:02

Markenzwieback wrote:Just trying to get the discussion out of the "Post your best kills thread" for now.

What has been written so far (how we got there):
Markenzwieback wrote:lmao what is smoke? Those Maglans weren't moved the entire game and yet people are too retarded to smoke them off when moving high-value units into frontline cover. Better nerf them further! :roll:

Also, people simply don't know how to deal with Perehs now that they have stabs. It's hilarious to play them right now. :twisted:

realfakealex wrote:Too bad you lost the game :lol: :lol: :lol:

Markenzwieback wrote:No wonder when someone is going scumbag Soviet and decides to fap over a dual Smerch start on Highway to Seoul as well as playing our superbly balanced new DLC nation (hinthint: I am not talking about Finland). ;)

realfakealex wrote:israel is pretty balanced imo

Markenzwieback wrote:But Yugoslavia is not

CommanderDef wrote:IMO it's still vice versa, Israel much stronger. Nevermind. So how do we deal with Pereh now that is has stabilizer?

Markenzwieback wrote:The same way you deal with Maglans or any kind of ATGM really: Smoke

CommanderDef wrote:Smoke doesn't kill it.

Markenzwieback wrote:But it lets you get in close and personal. At gun range the Pereh is dead; it cannot run with its 55km/h and dies easily with 6 armor. Mortars and arty do work too with one top armor.

If you really want to hunt it down, three BMP-3s should easily do the trick for the USSR. First gets taken out but the other two catch it due to superior speed. Other than that, Konkurs infantry has taken several of my Perehs from me so far... :cry:

And in the end it cost just as much as a medium tank.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:> Brags about unit kills with meme units...

> Then complains about meme units...

Markenzwieback wrote::roll:

Those were triple nerfed Maglans and I simply used the example to highlight how at least half of the players don't know what smoke is.

Also, is the Pereh a meme unit now that it go stabilizers or am I missing something?

CommanderDef wrote:I'm not saying it's invincible, but even before stabs it was extremely hard to kill it, especially as it can kill Dyna in instant. And that was before it could move away from Arkan. Right, so unless you have USSR with 2800m stabilized ATGM, you can't engage it on open terrain at all.

Markenzwieback wrote:Smoke
Infantry ATGMs (the distance between 2975 and 2625 is closed faster than you think)

Yes its pretty damn strong right now (rightfully so imo), but you can work your way around it with the investment of 60 points for one or two mortars.

nuke92 wrote:Well depends on the definition of meme... ammo load of 24, stabs, godlike range and AP, SALH, although with the nerf to Maglans (which could have been fixed by 1 card limit btw instead of nerf hammer) probably needed for a standalone nation :?

On the other hand a heavy tank in recon tab.

And now my two cents:
  • Maglan should be equipped with Spike-SR (yes I know its heavily out of time frame) and have its ranged reduced to 1525m while keeping accuracy and AP. Strength back to 10 man, missiles up to 5, price back to 40 points.
  • Pereh and Hafiz are both in a very fine spot if you ask me. Expensive for a fragile, yet hard hitting launcher.

Yes! +1. Great idea for Maglans. Would fix gap in inf recon, not make them a great meme unit. Love it

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 8 Jan 2017 20:08

Perhaps we should buff things that are actually in need of buffing and stop making stupid ideas.

CommanderDef
Sergeant Major

Postby CommanderDef » Sun 8 Jan 2017 20:15

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Perhaps we should buff things that are actually in need of buffing and stop making stupid ideas.

+1

Only if we could agree on which things those are...
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”