Israel and ATGMs

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: Israel and ATGMs

Postby FrangibleCover » Tue 10 Jan 2017 22:16

Seryn wrote:
CommanderDef wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:I've previously suggested that they could get the Rover Milan as a 1991 Scud-hunting transport with Milan 2 (and an MG over the front if the slight remodel can be wangled). Realistic, flavourful, gets a practically unused unit back into mainstream decks, no change to Commonwealth because ANZAC get the exact same vehicle. It's a slight clowncar but since Israel started putting 15 man squads in hardtop Humvees I think we've given up on that, right?

I like the idea. I like even though I don't use SAS.

'Who cares about clowncar?' -Mi2T pilot while transporting Komandosi.

You mean Gazelle carrying T.O. Yugo has the most absurd clowncars

???
T.O. only come in the M-5 halftrack. Stuff like CV teams can come in a Gazelle but then I've been in a Gazelle myself and I reckon that if you don't take a second pilot you could probably wedge 4 lightly equipped infantrymen in thanks to the two rear seats. 2 or 3 real seats to 5 passengers is way better than the 3 real seats to 15 passengers demonstrated by Givati since the gunner and driver obviously stay in the Hamer. Incidentally, why don't US Marines come in the M998?

If you've seen T.O. get out of a Gazelle then MILINT has obviously discovered a better combination than Flying Mot. Schutzen :D .
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

CommanderDef
Sergeant Major

Postby CommanderDef » Tue 10 Jan 2017 23:18

FrangibleCover wrote:T.O. only come in the M-5 halftrack. Stuff like CV teams can come in a Gazelle but then I've been in a Gazelle myself and I reckon that if you don't take a second pilot you could probably wedge 4 lightly equipped infantrymen in thanks to the two rear seats. 2 or 3 real seats to 5 passengers is way better than the 3 real seats to 15 passengers demonstrated by Givati since the gunner and driver obviously stay in the Hamer. Incidentally, why don't US Marines come in the M998?

If you've seen T.O. get out of a Gazelle then MILINT has obviously discovered a better combination than Flying Mot. Schutzen :D .

Now I'm tempted to make a video with TO and Gazelle. But pretty much any of IFVs and APCs isn't made for 10 men squad as well. That's why we need more trucks!
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...
Spoiler : :

Erwin12824
Staff Sergeant

Postby Erwin12824 » Tue 10 Jan 2017 23:30

urogard wrote:how is infantry a hard counter against anything on open fields?

He's not gonna keep his hafiz out in the open for you to super galeb / su27meme him
so he sometimes has to hide somewhere
so your infantry can get him in the forest
hey and hafiz can't shoot at infantry
so it's a hard counter

oh they are going to shoot my infantry in the open field because the enemy is not dumb and supports his hafiz with something else
well you can also support your infantry with fire support and smoke

please prove that it is impossible to counter hafiz cost effectively before making this a maglan question

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Wed 11 Jan 2017 00:55

FrangibleCover wrote:
Seryn wrote:
CommanderDef wrote:I've previously suggested that they could get the Rover Milan as a 1991 Scud-hunting transport with Milan 2 (and an MG over the front if the slight remodel can be wangled). Realistic, flavourful, gets a practically unused unit back into mainstream decks, no change to Commonwealth because ANZAC get the exact same vehicle. It's a slight clowncar but since Israel started putting 15 man squads in hardtop Humvees I think we've given up on that, right?

I like the idea. I like even though I don't use SAS.

'Who cares about clowncar?' -Mi2T pilot while transporting Komandosi.

You mean Gazelle carrying T.O. Yugo has the most absurd clowncars

???
T.O. only come in the M-5 halftrack. Stuff like CV teams can come in a Gazelle but then I've been in a Gazelle myself and I reckon that if you don't take a second pilot you could probably wedge 4 lightly equipped infantrymen in thanks to the two rear seats. 2 or 3 real seats to 5 passengers is way better than the 3 real seats to 15 passengers demonstrated by Givati since the gunner and driver obviously stay in the Hamer. Incidentally, why don't US Marines come in the M998?

If you've seen T.O. get out of a Gazelle then MILINT has obviously discovered a better combination than Flying Mot. Schutzen :D .[/quote]

Or you know, Instead of MILINT it could be me.....attempting to be MILINT :cry:

However I did put Specialnis in a Gazelle once, Bow down to your new flying Mots

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Wed 11 Jan 2017 02:30

Erwin12824 wrote:
urogard wrote:how is infantry a hard counter against anything on open fields?

He's not gonna keep his hafiz out in the open for you to super galeb / su27meme him
so he sometimes has to hide somewhere
so your infantry can get him in the forest
hey and hafiz can't shoot at infantry
so it's a hard counter

oh they are going to shoot my infantry in the open field because the enemy is not dumb and supports his hafiz with something else
well you can also support your infantry with fire support and smoke

please prove that it is impossible to counter hafiz cost effectively before making this a maglan question

Dude what?
Who'd be dumb enough to place ATGM vehicle into deep forest where it can get approached by infantry?

ATGMs sit hidden in forests or tree lines but face wide open fields to deny enemy movement. How do you expect infantry to cross that field to get into RPG range?
No one leaves a 80-110 ATGM vehicle alone, there's going to be something with a cannon next to it, so any infantry trying to cross that field will get shredded before it gets into range.

Also the problem with pereh and smaller brother getting stabs is on all the maps where on one side you meet in open areas like paddy field, etc. those stabs make it too awesome.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”