Suggestion: 15-man squads +50% RoF on primary weapon

HrcAk47
Colonel

Re: Suggestion: 15-man squads +50% RoF on primary weapon

Postby HrcAk47 » Sat 14 Jan 2017 12:53

molnibalage wrote:In fact I simply do not get inf. combat. I almost always loose no matter how strong my inf. Somehow the opponent always stronger or just bad luck.

It is fairly simple.

Militia is there to deplete enemys ammo

Regulars do best to defend towns cheaply. Usually need reinforcing with ATGMs or FIST.

Shocks are used for attack, urban and forests, because CQC. Usually a waste to have them just sitting in towns.

Elites simply kick ass in any role, but are expensive.

Use mortars, rockets, rocket planes to your advantage.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

RedFive
Warrant Officer

Postby RedFive » Sat 14 Jan 2017 13:37

Rabidpalidinski wrote:Could they in theory render it like ships where each man's rifle is like a single weapon that all share the same button (like ships with 2 separate gun batteries and with each man down it's one less weapon firing)?

From what I've seen in raw unit data, units are limited to a maximum of 14 separate weapons, which would be sufficient for the 11 needed to model a 10-man squad that way but not the 16 required for a 15-man squad. Plus I don't think the game is coded to disable individual weapons based on damage.

While that approach might be the ideal solution, I don't think we'll see it in this iteration of Wargame.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Sat 14 Jan 2017 18:15

HrcAk47 wrote:
molnibalage wrote:In fact I simply do not get inf. combat. I almost always loose no matter how strong my inf. Somehow the opponent always stronger or just bad luck.

It is fairly simple.

Regulars do best to defend towns cheaply. Usually need reinforcing with ATGMs or FIST.

Shocks are used for attack, urban and forests, because CQC. Usually a waste to have them just sitting in towns.

Elites simply kick ass in any role, but are expensive.

Lines can be good in forests as AT, or as fodder to screen advances.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Sun 15 Jan 2017 03:35

HrcAk47 wrote:

It is fairly simple.

I never have seen any inf to run out of ammo except RPG type weapons. Pls. show me replays to demonstrate this...

I more or less agree. Problem they fail even doing this.

Rocket planes are simply killing inf. except in cas in city block they are teleporting. Mortars does not have any real effect on inf. in city block not even 120 mm. One single 120 mm or very fast Vasiles cost almost (40-45) or excactl the same CP three times of a 3x cheapest regular with M113 or similar...

I have to say mortar is better to use smoke to push out from combat inf, to have better squad vs squad ration of force the opponent to leave the block.

I'm almost always bad luck because of recon and other issues. When I try to use shock, elite beats me or somhow 100% same qty. of shock. When I try regular somehow almost I face with shock or elite. I simply never can make good "pair" on other side to have good result except in case kill the last survivorf of the enemy. Way too many times I feel that WG is just gambling. Especially in 1v1.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Sun 15 Jan 2017 03:47

molnibalage wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:

It is fairly simple.

I never have seen any inf to run out of ammo except RPG type weapons. Pls. show me replays to demonstrate this...

I more or less agree. Problem they fail even doing this.

Rocket planes are simply killing inf. except in cas in city block they are teleporting. Mortars does not have any real effect on inf. in city block not even 120 mm. One single 120 mm or very fast Vasiles cost almost (40-45) or excactl the same CP three times of a 3x cheapest regular with M113 or similar...

I have to say mortar is better to use smoke to push out from combat inf, to have better squad vs squad ration of force the opponent to leave the block.

I'm almost always bad luck because of recon and other issues. When I try to use shock, elite beats me or somhow 100% same qty. of shock. When I try regular somehow almost I face with shock or elite. I simply never can make good "pair" on other side to have good result except in case kill the last survivorf of the enemy. Way too many times I feel that WG is just gambling. Especially in 1v1.

Mortars are there to stun, not to kill, but are still indispensable. If you're not mortaring, you are getting mortared. Stunned inf shoots worse, reload worse, and dps drops markedly. Thus, your inf outdpss enemys.

Use FSVs too.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 15 Jan 2017 04:52

Militia is like a speed bump.

Some line is better than others- Fusiliers are jesus because of LAW-80.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Sun 15 Jan 2017 12:10

HrcAk47 wrote:Mortars are there to stun, not to kill, but are still indispensable.

No joke... Of course I know. Only problem it does not work.

If you're not mortaring, you are getting mortared. Stunned inf shoots worse, reload worse, and dps drops markedly. Thus, your inf outdpss enemys.

Except 82 mm mortars all are way to slow to have effect in close forest fight. The fight is almost over before the first salvo lands...

Use FSVs too.

If the opponent micro their inf they are worthless unless your are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery lucky. Why? Because at ~300 m range RPG weapons very likely instakill and APC in case of elite or shock A cat inf except some crap (my eyes on you USA) inf.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Sun 15 Jan 2017 13:31

Look, Molni, it is possible to come out on top with every nation's infantry, even American. You just need to git gud, basically.

- You can turn off the MG if you have vehicles around that need to be killed first, and vice versa

- Always send inf in the front, and then the transport. Even 5pt ones are good, an extra DPS boost is always handy.

- Never quadstack infantry in towns, as only 3 squads can shoot in one direction, so the 4th is a waste.

- If you have 2 20 pts log trucks vs. 1 40 pts, 2 will distribute supply 2x as fast.

Try to read a guide or two, it is definitely useful.

RedFive
Warrant Officer

Postby RedFive » Sun 15 Jan 2017 19:05

HrcAk47 wrote:If you have 2 20 pts log trucks vs. 1 40 pts, 2 will distribute supply 2x as fast.

The tradeoff here is that the 20pt trucks offer less supply per card and per CP, plus the more expensive ones are usually faster offroad and occasionally armored. It's fairly situational which one is better, which is tough because a good deck usually has only one card of supply trucks.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 16 Jan 2017 11:24

HrcAk47 wrote:Look, Molni, it is possible to come out on top with every nation's infantry, even American. You just need to git gud, basically.

- You can turn off the MG if you have vehicles around that need to be killed first, and vice versa

You do not have to turn off just simply designate target what stupid unit AI cannot do it many times...

- Always send inf in the front, and then the transport. Even 5pt ones are good, an extra DPS boost is always handy.

This is basic knowledge...

- Never quadstack infantry in towns, as only 3 squads can shoot in one direction, so the 4th is a waste.

This is new info to me but I very rarely use 4 stack so it did have any effect in my games.

- If you have 2 20 pts log trucks vs. 1 40 pts, 2 will distribute supply 2x as fast.

Basic knowledge I always knew this.

Try to read a guide or two, it is definitely useful.

I know the system of WG quite well...

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”