The Dutch F-16A Block 15 OCU

Demonicjapsel
Chief Warrant Officer

The Dutch F-16A Block 15 OCU

Postby Demonicjapsel » Wed 11 Jan 2017 16:01

One of the biggest problems that keeps Dutchland from being useful is the lack of a dedicated, good, ATGM plane. The Airtab has both the F-16A Block 150 OCU equipped with 4 F&F 26 AP Mavericks, and the West German F4F Peace Rhine with a pair of the exact same 26AP Mavericks.

The problem is that neither of these are capable of effectively dealing with super heavies, and are, for the most part, redundant. This is even more problematic when you consider the the Dutch Viper has an introduction date of 1995, is prototyped. Its also unrealistic as the only AGM-65, according to SIPRI, operated by the KLU (Dutch Royal Airforce) is the AGM-65G, which is found on the 125pt A4 Kahu.
Rerolling the Block 15 OCU into having these AGM's would reduce the redundancy, while at the same time keeping the Peace Rhine in earlier Cat decks.

My suggestion would be as follows
- 10 pts price nerf
- 2 AGM-65G's
- Veterancy changed to fit this new price bracket.

Razzmann
General

Re: The Dutch F-16A Block 15 OCU

Postby Razzmann » Wed 11 Jan 2017 16:22

Yeah that would fix one of the two major problems the Dutch and DGC have.

Demonicjapsel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Demonicjapsel » Wed 11 Jan 2017 17:02

Razzmann wrote:Yeah that would fix one of the two major problems the Dutch and DGC have.

the other being the lack of good anti helo options. Unfortunately, that will have to fall to the Germans, as the Dutch don't really have a system for that bar an upgraded Bofors 40mm with radar guidance, or the NASAMS, and a handful of jeeps with stingers mounted on it.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 11 Jan 2017 17:03

Gib optical Roland pls :(

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 11 Jan 2017 17:12

Razzmann wrote:Gib optical Roland pls :(

Could all systems that have dual mode Radar/Non-Radar weapons get two slots, one with the Radar stats and one without, feeding from the same ammo pool like the AP and HE tank guns? Would that be ridiculously powerful or merely good (after price adjustments)?
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Wed 11 Jan 2017 17:13

Demonicjapsel wrote:One of the biggest problems that keeps Dutchland from being useful is the lack of a dedicated, good, ATGM plane. The Airtab has both the F-16A Block 150 OCU equipped with 4 F&F 26 AP Mavericks, and the West German F4F Peace Rhine with a pair of the exact same 26AP Mavericks.

The problem is that neither of these are capable of effectively dealing with super heavies, and are, for the most part, redundant. This is even more problematic when you consider the the Dutch Viper has an introduction date of 1995, is prototyped. Its also unrealistic as the only AGM-65, according to SIPRI, operated by the KLU (Dutch Royal Airforce) is the AGM-65G, which is found on the 125pt A4 Kahu.
Rerolling the Block 15 OCU into having these AGM's would reduce the redundancy, while at the same time keeping the Peace Rhine in earlier Cat decks.

My suggestion would be as follows
- 10 pts price nerf
- 2 AGM-65G's
- Veterancy changed to fit this new price bracket.

Sounds fair. Note that the KLU received the OCU in 1987 (that's the CBU-87 carrier ingame) so this one could get higher ECM to make it interesting as a cluster bomber.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 11 Jan 2017 17:15

FrangibleCover wrote:

Could all systems that have dual mode Radar/Non-Radar weapons get two slots, one with the Radar stats and one without, feeding from the same ammo pool like the AP and HE tank guns? Would that be ridiculously powerful or merely good (after price adjustments)?

No idea, but the Roland 2 hat a fully-fledged optical system, not just a back up one like many others.

Demonicjapsel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Demonicjapsel » Wed 11 Jan 2017 17:19

Razzmann wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:

No idea, but the Roland 2 hat a fully-fledged optical system, not just a back up one like many others.

And i presume, the Roland 3 had so as well?

because i'd be in favor of rerolling one of em into a GUID, a la Crotale

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 11 Jan 2017 17:20

Demonicjapsel wrote:And i presume, the Roland 3 had so as well?

I would think so.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Wed 11 Jan 2017 17:24

Demonicjapsel wrote:
Razzmann wrote:No idea, but the Roland 2 hat a fully-fledged optical system, not just a back up one like many others.

And i presume, the Roland 3 had so as well?

because i'd be in favor of rerolling one of em into a GUID, a la Crotale

Yes. Actually the only thing the Roland 3 added was a thermal camera I believe.

The Eurocorps ADN is rather funny because while a system that had a very good optical system and was designed to work in a SEAD heavy environment doesn't have this capability (only one variant) in game, other systems that had radars are only optical ingame (Crotale, VAB VDAA :lol: ). And let's not forget the missing french wheeled Roland.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”