Finland F-18 not in the Marine deck?

CloakandDagger
Second-Lieutenant

Finland F-18 not in the Marine deck?

Postby CloakandDagger » Sat 14 Jan 2017 02:08

What's up with this?

The air tab for the Marine deck on Baltic front is almost entirely Polish, except for the Nuke Bomber, which is strange, since even actually marine planes like the F-18 are missing.

Could we have this fixed please?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Finland F-18 not in the Marine deck?

Postby Mike » Sat 14 Jan 2017 02:12

It might not have been used in junction with the Finnish Marines. Just because the USN used it they way they did, doesn't mean the Finnish did.
Courtesy of KattiValk

CloakandDagger
Second-Lieutenant

Postby CloakandDagger » Sat 14 Jan 2017 02:20

Mike wrote:It might not have been used in junction with the Finnish Marines. Just because the USN used it they way they did, doesn't mean the Finnish did.

The F-18 is literally a marine plane, made for carriers.

And I suppose you're going to try and convince me that Finland leaves it's marine to die with only the nuke bomber to aid them?

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sat 14 Jan 2017 02:23

I also have to ask, why doesnt the F18 get 2 cards? I know its prototype and foreign bought, but every other top ASF have 2 cards and they are prototype too (not foreign bought though but that never changed the number of cards)
Of Salt

antizombies_boy
Sergeant Major

Postby antizombies_boy » Sat 14 Jan 2017 02:28

CloakandDagger wrote:
Mike wrote:It might not have been used in junction with the Finnish Marines. Just because the USN used it they way they did, doesn't mean the Finnish did.

The F-18 is literally a marine plane, made for carriers.

And I suppose you're going to try and convince me that Finland leaves it's marine to die with only the nuke bomber to aid them?

Spain has the F-18A+ (AKA F-18C2) and our Armada never has use them. If Spain will be added to Wargame the F-18A+ shouldn't be at Marine deck, cause ours aircraftcarriers never operated them. I think the same about Finland, maybe Eugen has taken some "free licenses" at the moment to incorporate aircrafts to Marine decks with some nations, but it should be the main reason to don't do it: The real role of the aircraft at its army.

Has Finland some aircraftcarrier (I think that not) or special aircrafts squad for marine defense? And on this case: Is it F-18C a part of that force?

CloakandDagger
Second-Lieutenant

Postby CloakandDagger » Sat 14 Jan 2017 02:30

antizombies_boy wrote:Has Finland some aircraftcarrier (I think that not) or special aircrafts squad for marine defense? And on this case: Is it F-18C a part of that force?

Here we go then.

The idea that Finland is going to leave it's marines to die with no air support is asinine and is the most ridiculous argument possible for why it shouldn't be in the marine deck.

antizombies_boy
Sergeant Major

Postby antizombies_boy » Sat 14 Jan 2017 02:49

CloakandDagger wrote:
antizombies_boy wrote:Has Finland some aircraftcarrier (I think that not) or special aircrafts squad for marine defense? And on this case: Is it F-18C a part of that force?

Here we go then.

The idea that Finland is going to leave it's marines to die with no air support is asinine and is the most ridiculous argument possible for why it shouldn't be in the marine deck.

Sorry, but I can't imagine the Finnish administration invading an enemy coast alone, and in the oposite side of the world. Maybe fighting vs their neightbours. Anyway, in the "real world", this "hipothetic" operation should be supported by attack helicopters (which can be carried in frigates) for air to ground support and using the AA cover of Finnish fleet to secure the operation area. So, they won't leave it's marine to die, they will be protected but by other ways. At least IMO and what I know about amphibian operations, anyway, everybody is free to think what they want.

CloakandDagger
Second-Lieutenant

Postby CloakandDagger » Sat 14 Jan 2017 03:00

antizombies_boy wrote:Sorry, but I can't imagine the Finnish administration invading an enemy coast alone, and in the oposite side of the world. Maybe fighting vs their neightbours. Anyway, in the "real world", this "hipothetic" operation should be supported by attack helicopters (which can be carried in frigates) for air to ground support and using the AA cover of Finnish fleet to secure the operation area. So, they won't leave it's marine to die, they will be protected but by other ways. At least IMO and what I know about amphibian operations, anyway, everybody is free to think what they want.

Finnish marines are for operating around the Baltic Sea.

You know, that place that Finland's aircraft have coverage range of?

Pantheon
Corporal

Postby Pantheon » Sat 14 Jan 2017 03:02

ITT people thinking that the US style mini sized Army is the only way of doing marine operations.

Finland has no aircraft carriers, never have and never will have. It is a defence force, not a force of power projection or invasion. And how do you even fit aircraft carrier in that little pond called Baltic Sea? It's a death trap to AShMs.

Finnish marines are the size of of a single brigade. A single brigade, which mission would be the defense of the Finnish archipelago in case of war. There's no naval aviation. All aviation belongs to the air force (army has some choppers, inb4). Also the archipelago is so close to the shore that creating naval aviation is redundant and all the planes would take off of the airfields from mainland. If the marines need aerial help, it comes from the air force. Most likely they'll be denied of the help as aviation might have hard time dodging Russian long range SAMs and interceptors. However they have organic mortar support and Finnish Navy might have ground to air support.

And AFAIK the Finnish built F-18s lack the landing gear to land in a carrier.

In my opinion there shouldn't be Finnish marine deck as it's so ridiculously small and lacks equipment to make a good deck.

CloakandDagger
Second-Lieutenant

Postby CloakandDagger » Sat 14 Jan 2017 03:05

Pantheon wrote:There's no naval aviation. All aviation belongs to the air force (army has some choppers, inb4). Also the archipelago is so close to the shore that creating naval aviation is redundant and all the planes would take off of the airfields from mainland. If the marines need aerial help, it comes from the air force.

Exactly what I'm saying. Finnish Marines should have the same aircraft as normal airborne.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”