Vehicle size rebalance

Mako
General

Re: Vehicle size rebalance

Postby Mako » Sun 22 Jan 2017 05:27

Height times width is a terrible method for size, a T-80 is not close to the same frontal profile as a Leo 2
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Stillehavet
Sergeant

Postby Stillehavet » Wed 25 Jan 2017 04:54

I think Eugen should be explain about this issue.
I'm a Scandinavia player, and my game nickname is #SWE JAS-39 Gripen.
Jag älskar Gripen!

Akkku
First Sergeant

Postby Akkku » Wed 25 Jan 2017 14:21

RedFive wrote:
Akkku wrote:Thus you shouldn't count inert cross sections / volumes. The blue areas:

I dunno, some of those blue areas seem like they could cause crits at the very least, by hitting fuel, sighting systems, etc. Plus the target remains fully functional right up until the last HP is gone, so hits to inert parts would seem to be reasonable, realism wise.

I don't there are crits for hitting the fuel tank.
President of Eugen

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Postby Azaz3l » Wed 25 Jan 2017 14:47

Mako wrote:Height times width is a terrible method for size, a T-80 is not close to the same frontal profile as a Leo 2

Imo if you want to rebalance vehicle size, you'd have to calculate vehicle frontal and side projection areas in m^2 and then do a comparison table.

RedFive
Warrant Officer

Postby RedFive » Wed 25 Jan 2017 15:13

Akkku wrote:
RedFive wrote:
Akkku wrote:Thus you shouldn't count inert cross sections / volumes. The blue areas:

I dunno, some of those blue areas seem like they could cause crits at the very least, by hitting fuel, sighting systems, etc. Plus the target remains fully functional right up until the last HP is gone, so hits to inert parts would seem to be reasonable, realism wise.

I don't there are crits for hitting the fuel tank.

The point being that you shouldn't ignore those areas as not significant to damaging the tank.

Akkku
First Sergeant

Postby Akkku » Wed 25 Jan 2017 15:16

RedFive wrote:The point being that you shouldn't ignore those areas as not significant to damaging the tank.

Well, they are not significant to damaging the tank irl afaik, so they shouldn't be in game.
President of Eugen

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”