Armory tool

throwaway
Lieutenant

Armory tool

Postby throwaway » Wed 18 Jan 2017 17:04

Current version: https://mega.nz/#!LY1FBJRa!u_5L30WxjlUs ... giQIWfqzow (24-06-2017)

The past week, I've been writing an armory app using D-Ms IrisZoomDataApi. The goal is to have a program that is more user-friendly than the mod tools but still shows the important hidden stats.

Spoiler : screenshots :

Below are older screens
Using old ZZ_4:
Custom query field:

Even if you know how to use the mod tools, searching for units and getting an overview takes much less time. The recon tab has a custom query field. For example, if you're wondering what a mod tools variable does, you can input it there and quickly check its value across multiple units.

The program queries the game's files in real time. By default, it will open the files from the new years' patch, but after the first launch it will create a configuration.ini file - you can edit the paths there if you want to use old or custom NDF/ZZ4/ZZ files instead. The program takes a bit to start and you probably can't run it on your phone (but I'm hoping to change that one day..)

There are many ways to contribute if you're into that:
- Tell me what variables are missing, ideally with mod tools location but even if you're a normal user who just thinks I should add fuel
- Tell me what variables are wrong or can be made more readable
- Pull requests : source code on github

Troubleshooting:
-If the program doesn't work, make sure you have NET Framework 4.5.2 installed.

Also take a look at ascii's replay->deck extractor: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=59592
Last edited by throwaway on Sat 24 Jun 2017 16:38, edited 17 times in total.

Razzmann
General

Re: Armory tool

Postby Razzmann » Wed 18 Jan 2017 17:11

Seems good

zeeyoo
Corporal

Postby zeeyoo » Wed 18 Jan 2017 17:32

good :)

enter \ in searching, warning about exception(preventing \ at end of line) occurs

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Wed 18 Jan 2017 17:34

can you also add air detection for planes?

Especially the Mig-31 series and F-14 which has added bonus
Of Salt

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Wed 18 Jan 2017 17:37

zeeyoo wrote:enter \ in searching, warning about exception(preventing \ at end of line) occurs

Thanks.

another505 wrote:can you also add air detection for planes?

Especially the Mig-31 series and F-14 which has added bonus

http://i.imgur.com/RqruUKx.png

It should be the air optics stat, but there may be a maximum spotting range (like with ground) that I've missed.

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Wed 18 Jan 2017 17:39

Nice work!
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

another505

Postby another505 » Wed 18 Jan 2017 17:39

Just downloaded it , thanks!

yea, saw those numbers too but can't make sense of it ingame terms, 450 means what ?
Of Salt

zeeyoo
Corporal

Postby zeeyoo » Wed 18 Jan 2017 17:45

zeeyoo wrote:good :)

enter \ in searching, warning about exception(preventing \ at end of line) occurs

additional exception error : entering +, *, ( , ) ,[,? in search slot(this ones are not important, but mistype can occur this one and be able to ignore with continue)

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Wed 18 Jan 2017 17:47

another505 wrote: 450 means what ?

The short answer is that nobody knows.

There's some sort of interaction between the optics value and the stealth value [and whatever forests are in the way] which ultimately decides what range you spot a given unit at (capped by the max spotting range stat), but nobody has derived a formula yet, even for open spaces with no forests in the way. Trying to derive it myself is beyond the scope of this project, so the best I can do is show the actual values behind good/very good/exceptional (as well as showing air detection for units that don't normally show it, like manpads, and ground optics for support units).

another505

Postby another505 » Wed 18 Jan 2017 17:48

throwaway wrote:
another505 wrote: 450 means what ?

The short answer is that nobody knows.

There's some sort of interaction between the optics value and the stealth value [and whatever forests are in the way] which ultimately decides what range you spot a given unit at (capped by the max spotting range stat), but nobody has derived a formula yet, even for open spaces with no forests in the way. Trying to derive it myself is beyond the scope of this project, so the best I can do is show the actual values behind good/very good/exceptional (as well as showing air detection for non-support units like manpads or VBL mistral and ground optics for support units).

well i guess is good enough to know that interceptors has double the optics of other exceptional optics. That is a huge plus
Of Salt