Why does the Gepard A2 not have a EOTS in WG?

Akkku
First Sergeant

Why does the Gepard A2 not have a EOTS in WG?

Postby Akkku » Thu 19 Jan 2017 18:06

According to FAS(thanks Obama!) it had a "video auto-tracker".
West Poland can finally into non-radar AA!
President of Eugen

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Re: Why does the Gepard A2 not have a EOTS in WG?

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Thu 19 Jan 2017 18:42

What.

Erwin12824
Staff Sergeant

Postby Erwin12824 » Thu 19 Jan 2017 18:52

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:What.

but I got his idea
what's the problem?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 19 Jan 2017 18:56

He mean make SEAD immune the AAA. Considering 2K22 Tung. and Croatele are RCG in RL and not SEAD immune many times have been recommended to make SEAD immune all or at least some AAA such as PIVADS which does not have real radar only target distance meter.

Forimar
Captain

Postby Forimar » Thu 19 Jan 2017 18:58

Sure, just increase the price and drop the accuracy by 30% too and it'll be balanced.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Thu 19 Jan 2017 19:25

Seeing as how Machbet has [RAD] despite visibly not having a radar on the vehicle....

Don't count on it.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Thu 19 Jan 2017 19:30

One of the wishes I have for WG4 is that "turn off radar" button switches the AA weapon to "non-radar mode of firing" with less antiplane range, less acc, bigger aimtimes, etc. Something like that.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Akkku
First Sergeant

Postby Akkku » Thu 19 Jan 2017 19:32

Killertomato wrote:Seeing as how Machbet has [RAD] despite visibly not having a radar on the vehicle....

Don't count on it.

Because machbet is connected to an external search radar via datalink, just like Hawks and Buks.
You could remove the radar stat, but it would end up having a lower Acc/range than a strop, because of ballistics and the fact it doesn't have EOTS.
President of Eugen

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Thu 19 Jan 2017 20:18

HrcAk47 wrote:One of the wishes I have for WG4 is that "turn off radar" button switches the AA weapon to "non-radar mode of firing" with less antiplane range, less acc, bigger aimtimes, etc. Something like that.

That is something I could get behind so long as there are major trade offs and people can't just go tooling around with their Radar off all of the time.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Falcrack
Lieutenant

Postby Falcrack » Thu 19 Jan 2017 20:23

XanderTuron wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:One of the wishes I have for WG4 is that "turn off radar" button switches the AA weapon to "non-radar mode of firing" with less antiplane range, less acc, bigger aimtimes, etc. Something like that.

That is something I could get behind so long as there are major trade offs and people can't just go tooling around with their Radar off all of the time.

Well if they go tooling around with radar off all the time then they have to live with a much gimped aa piece. So there would be definite tradeoffs to going around with radar off.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”